Jedi Healers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65800 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Healers
ren is surely not in the wrong here.

"If it is a gracious Providence that can hear our prayers, then make yourself worthy of divine assistance. If a chaotic ungoverned mixture, be satisfied that in the midst of this storm, you have within yourself a mind whose nature it is to govern and command. So even if the storm should carry you off, let it carry off your flesh, your vital breath, and the rest, for it will not take your mind." -Marcus Aurelius.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #65804 by
well, Marcus Aurilius was a fairly lonley charecter.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65806 by
Stoic, to be precise. No difference, really. I use his quotations for a lot. haha.

But, that's not the Point. What we're really discussing here (in terms of anger as a disease) is "Emotion; yet Peace". In the midst of the storm of life, we can find the serenity inside the mind. Whether or not it makes us lonely is not the point. You pick and choose your methods. Sacrifices can or cannot be made. Marcus believed in acting in accordance with Nature. Sometimes, Nature IS a violent storm. Sometimes, we become lost in passion. But, it's a balance. Not a disease.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65814 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: The Jedi Healer aspect is so small, our subgroup within the community is so small and it would be nice to know who here also focuses on the path.

So i guess what i am asking here is who else focuses on Reiki, Empathic Development or other forms of energy work on their Jedi Path?

So getting things back on track a bit. So far we have 2 Jedi Healers. Anyone else?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65820 by
When I reach Jedi status I will be working in Reiki and Quantum Touch.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65825 by

ren wrote: You want to give medical advice? either get a phd in giving medical advice or shut it.

I've just spent 3 years studying traditional Chinese medicine, meridian work and acupressure (in the form of Shiatsu) as well as "western" anatomy, physiology and pathology. I am therefore considered the equivalent of a junior doctor, but in a different system. So would I qualify? Or is the long-standing Oriental system not as relevant as the Western model of medicine?

As I was saying, everyone has the right to choose their OWN healthcare arrangements. Trying to force your opinion onto someone else, whatever the situation, is more of an ego thing than an action coming from a place of empathy, understanding and compassion. I have no more right to demand that you treat your complaints with herbal remedies than you have to tell me to "follow what I believe or shut up".

More
11 years 8 months ago #65841 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Jedi Healers
I don’t know how I missed this thread!?!?!?!? :ohmy:

I not only practice Empathy Development but it is an essential part of my life as a Jedi and my life! As cliché as it may sound… through it I have experienced a better understanding of the Force and that understanding has made me more aware of the empathy I experience.

I have also practiced energy manipulation and the healing arts… although it has been a while since I have actively pursued the skill sets. I still consider this to be an important part of my repertoire.

PS: I would love to pick your brain Mark Anjuu on what you have learned in traditional Chinese medicine, meridian work and acupressure. And perhaps get a Jedi’s perspective on those things. :)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65845 by

jbrussell1969 wrote: When I reach Jedi status I will be working in Reiki and Quantum Touch.

Why wait?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #65846 by

Mark Anjuu wrote:

ren wrote: You want to give medical advice? either get a phd in giving medical advice or shut it.

I've just spent 3 years studying traditional Chinese medicine, meridian work and acupressure (in the form of Shiatsu) as well as "western" anatomy, physiology and pathology. I am therefore considered the equivalent of a junior doctor, but in a different system. So would I qualify? Or is the long-standing Oriental system not as relevant as the Western model of medicine?

As I was saying, everyone has the right to choose their OWN healthcare arrangements. Trying to force your opinion onto someone else, whatever the situation, is more of an ego thing than an action coming from a place of empathy, understanding and compassion. I have no more right to demand that you treat your complaints with herbal remedies than you have to tell me to "follow what I believe or shut up".

Mark by my estimation you are definitely qualified. I personally am biased towards western medicine, but that is where my experience and training are. (I was a Hospital Corpsman for 5 years.) Giving out medical advice on topics within your scope of knowledge is acceptable. Even I did that and I don't even have an associates degree. I just made sure to keep an eye on my marines and sailors and have them talk to the medical officer if it was looking like I was wrong. Dude shouldn't have blown a fuse on you. Especially with the building evidence supporting the efficacy of your method of healing, even if I still can't really wrap my head around it.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 8 months ago #65858 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Healers

Mark Anjuu wrote:

You misunderstand me. I am complaining about double standards. If you (and by "you" I mean people in general, not you specifically MArk) want to practice some kind of profession where you dispense medical advice, you should do so according to the same rules the guys doing regular medicine do. double standard = not fair. Why don't you put your treatments through the same tests and through the same regulations they put theirs through? There can only be three outcomes: Works with acceptable side-effects, works with unacceptable side-effects, or doesn't work. Doesn't matter which system you use.

I have no more right to demand that you treat your complaints with herbal remedies than you have to tell me to "follow what I believe

I feel you misunderstand my concerns. I demand that you keep me safe from your diseases by treating yourself. I don't care how it's done, eating salad or popping pills. However, if you refuse to treat yourself with medicine that works and turn to religion instead (that's what all vitalist-based medical practices are) and as a result put my life at risk, we have a problem. In my mind, letting you get away with untreated tuberculosis is like letting you get away with murder. I don't want you near me. Obviously people who don't want regular treatment for their cancer or other issues that are of no significance to me can eat as much grass, mushrooms or have as many bloodlettings as they want. I think people who don't represent a threat of sorts should not be forced in mental institutions or old people's homes (some of them are essentially prisons), or to treat their disease.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi