Jedi Healers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65779 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Healers
Personally I have had wonderful results with my reiki practice which is why I focus my role as a jedi Healer.

Modern medicine has its use but medication is giving out a bit too much by dr which is why we have so many drug addicts. I am not talking about the street junkies I am talking about the high fuctioning pill poppers who take 5 to 7 medications per day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65784 by
Hahah, Michael. I think we all have our ways. :) Natural. Artificial.

Whatever works in the end.

Some people, Reiki.
Others, Medicine.

Still others, both.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65785 by
I swear that this is true... One of my friends started getting regular headaches so his GP sent him for tests and scans and they couldn't find anything wrong. So they prescribed him painkillers but they gave him stomach ache. So they prescribed pills for that and they gave him insomnia. So he takes pills for that but they give him headaches. So he's taking 3 different (and expensive) pills just to remain "normal".

My first questions to him were about diet and lifestyle (a usual line of questioning in Chinese and complementary medicine). I think drinking 4 litres of cola a day, eating processed food all the time, getting little to no exercise, and spending most of his spare time watching TV might have a lot to do with it. But he insists on popping the pills because "the Doctor told me to so it must be right".

Any healer worth his salt, and that includes doctors, would have found out about these factors in his life and encouraged him to try some changes and see if they worked - like getting out more, consuming less sugar, etc - before resorting to dismissing his problems with a every-expanding range of medication.

Now I'm not saying that all doctors are like that, but it's just one example of how practitioners of supposedly respectable and verifiable science can still fail.

More
11 years 9 months ago #65786 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Jedi Healers
My wife had Hyperthyroidism which can really wreck your life. We saw all the best doctors, and took all the best drugs. Western medicine is renowned for treating the symptoms and not the cause because most of the time the bodies complexity means the cause is too difficult to find. We went and saw a naturopath and she quickly realized it was gluten intolerance. Problem fixed. Ten years of medication which stopped us having children and almost killed her was fixed by simply not eating oats or wheat. The doctors admitted they had heard about the link but it was not 'proven' so they didn't think to mention it for 10 years.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
11 years 9 months ago #65789 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Re: Jedi Healers
I saw the title of this thread and had to read it. I was hoping there would be more discussion on things that helped heal the mind, like psychotherapy and such. I am trusted by my friends and family to talk too when they are upset and I have a very good reputation for helping them overcome problems, both short term and long. My major was in psychology, though I have not graduated. I want to be a councilor and analyst. As a potential spiritual leader(as all Jedi are in my mind) I don't want to say to people "the Force will make it okay" and then blow off the real issues. Our intuition and focus on empathy coupled with a realistic view of the sciences and spirituality makes us ideally suited for helping deal with the afflictions of the mind. Also, the continuing studies in these areas help us with our understanding of ourselves, as well. I'm not going to say I can place hands on a person and they will be healed (though I did receive mormon blessings that seemed to help in my youth and wiccan ones as I grew older) I will say I can talk to a person and their lives seem to change for the better. Helping tweak perspectives from negative to positive. Its happened too often not to be an established series and more importantly my intuition tells me I'm doing the right thing.

I've come to believe, as a Jedi healer, we are here not just to heal bodies, but minds and spirits as well.

rugadd

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #65792 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Healers

Mark Anjuu wrote: Considering the amount of "acceptable" side effects listed for most modern medicines that have passed such rigorous testing, I fail to see how anything can be considered as suitable. A few years ago I was prescribed a common anti-inflammatory that was mass produced, regulated and approved and yet listed such potential side effects as "blindness, paralysis and death". In that regard, no medicine is safe!

A side effect of life is death... Drugs come with all the necessary warnings because a: it's the law and b: they dont want to get sued. When I was a teenager I couldn't get medicine for my skin (I have very bad skin) because I was doing a lot of sport, and the medicine caused a .00001% increase in heart failure rates. On the other hand you don't see "gives cancer" on bottles of clove oil, even though its cytotoxicity is well known. It is my opinion that all forms of medical practice should be regulated by the same laws. Whether it's the local herbs shop, the pharmacy, a GP or a reiki practitioner. You want to give medical advice? either get a phd in giving medical advice or shut it.

Everyone has the right to choose their own methods of healthcare. Forcing someone to undergo complementary therapy against their will would be just as immoral as forcing drugs onto people that don't want them. If you don't believe that a particular approach works, then don't use it. It's really that simple.

Yes and no. If people can choose to be a threat to me by carrying disease, I want to have the right to be a threat to them through bearing arms. The #1 reason for free healthcare is that if the rich pay for the poor, then the poor will not be transmitting their diseases to the rich. Serious diseases were eliminated in europe through mass vaccination. Now that we dont vaccinate ourselves against those diseases anymore, they're getting back in through immigration and aids. I'd like to add, in my country, words/ideas like "adult" or "free" are often replaced with "majeur et vacciné" (meaning major --as opposed to minor-- and vaccinated). We are also obliged by law to vaccinate against Poliomyelitis, Tetanus and Diphtheria. Also in some areas against yellow fever too. Then there's lots of vaccines that are recommended... stuff like hepatitis, HPV, etc...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65793 by

ren wrote:

Mark Anjuu wrote: Considering the amount of "acceptable" side effects listed for most modern medicines that have passed such rigorous testing, I fail to see how anything can be considered as suitable. A few years ago I was prescribed a common anti-inflammatory that was mass produced, regulated and approved and yet listed such potential side effects as "blindness, paralysis and death". In that regard, no medicine is safe!

A side effect of life is death... Drugs come with all the necessary warnings because a: it's the law and b: they dont want to get sued. When I was a teenager I couldn't get medicine for my skin (I have very bad skin) because I was doing a lot of sport, and the medicine caused a .00001% increase in heart failure rates. On the other hand you don't see "gives cancer" on bottles of clove oil, even though its cytotoxicity is well known. It is my opinion that all forms of medical practice should be regulated by the same laws. Whether it's the local herbs shop, the pharmacy, a GP or a reiki practitioner. You want to give medical advice? either get a phd in giving medical advice or shut it.

Everyone has the right to choose their own methods of healthcare. Forcing someone to undergo complementary therapy against their will would be just as immoral as forcing drugs onto people that don't want them. If you don't believe that a particular approach works, then don't use it. It's really that simple.

Yes and no. If people can choose to be a threat to me by carrying disease, I want to have the right to be a threat to them through bearing arms. The #1 reason for free healthcare is that if the rich pay for the poor, then the poor will not be transmitting their diseases to the rich. Serious diseases were eliminated in europe through mass vaccination. Now that we dont vaccinate ourselves against those diseases anymore, they're getting back in through immigration and aids. I'd like to add, in my country, words/ideas like "adult" or "free" are often replaced with "majeur et vacciné" (meaning major --as opposed to minor-- and vaccinated). We are also obliged by law to vaccinate against Poliomyelitis, Tetanus and Diphtheria. Also in some areas against yellow fever too. Then there's lots of vaccines that are recommended... stuff like hepatitis, HPV, etc...

Ah, so If someone suffers from a disease such as anger say... you should take up arms against them?

• ren
    Registered
More
11 years 9 months ago #65795 by ren
Not a disease, also, unlikely to harm me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #65796 by

ren wrote: Not a disease, also, unlikely to harm me.

Tell the psychiatric services that. and also just about every religios person going. Most psychiatric services are adamant that anger is a "problem that needs to be managed"... buhdism defins it as "A deluded mind that focuses on an animate or inanimate object, feels it to be unatractive, exaggerates it's bad qualities, and wishes to harm it" So are you sure that it's not a bit dangerous?...I'm not sure about the Jedi view on anger. Although I did see a film about it once...
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by . Reason: typo

• ren
    Registered
More
11 years 9 months ago #65798 by ren
I've pissed off a lot of people. They have yet to harm me. Angry people just end up harming themselves, which is fine with me. So my view on anger is that it's not a disease, and whether it needs to be managed, or buddhism has something to say about it, I'm pretty sure most people agree: anger is not a disease. On rare occasions it can be a disorder, most of the time it's a temporary state of mind.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi