Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65646 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Healers
I love that we have a number of Jedi Healers here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65650 by
I will chime in here. :)

"I am no Healer. I am me.

I am no Jedi. I practice Reiki." That's my enlightening poem for my midnight post here at home. *cough*

But, for super serious, let me say: Reiki isn't the only way... (crap... I can't stop rhyming)

There's Qigong, and Medicine, and jibble-dee-dong;

but I bet you never thought that they might all be wrong. (*@#%)

So, wake up, stop dreaming, you narrow-minded peoples,

and worship the True God: a beer and some pringles.

Ok, the last line was stupid, and I shouldn't keep talking,

but I have one more comment... don't shy and stop mocking.

Reiki is no better than any other Way,

so why pick a fight for it today?

If it works, it's a miracle,

if it doesn't, try again.

In the end, what's the point,

if the patient is well and I'm not paid in yen...

(really, this sucks).

_____

All poems aside, do you get the point? (still reading in verse?)

Reiki is a METHOD. Qigong healing is a METHOD. Chinese medicine is a METHOD.

Science is Science.

Let them exist in their own worlds. Science can be Physical. It can be seen. But, just like Reiki and Qigong, it can be wrong. :) Think about how many things Science CANNOT do yet. It cannot heal Cancer, while it has been shown that positive thinking and holistic methods (placebo or not) can cure the impossible. Reiki can cure the common cold, whether or not it is actually Reiki.

When you make it more complicated than that, you will keep running in circles. One will disprove, another will be too stupid to notice. In my opinion, arguing over what makes a Jedi Heeler (cute dog) is foolish. It is arrogant, and it is self-serving. Hannigan, I am talking to you. (warn me, whatever, he can take it).

I am a level 2 Practitioner of Reiki, but I have yet to acknowledge that it works or it actually exists. To me, it doesn't matter. Belief has nothing to do with it from my side. I heal my friends, and they tell me "thanks". They, 90% of the time, heal faster than they would without my treatments. Maybe I am giving them energy, maybe I am not. It doesn't matter to me. (which is why I am not a Jedi Healer, I suppose.)

I recently shed the hindrance of the title Jedi because I felt like, during my training at least, it was holding me back instead of opening doors.

Maybe those of you who's only goal is to prove or protect their own disciplines should take a good, critical look at what you believe in from the outside in. If all the answers are within, then the only way to observe the within is from the outside. Separate yourself from your actions like an OBE, and really look at yourself.

Healing, like any other art, has multiple facets. It has Metaphysical (or Spiritual like Reiki or Qigong), Mental (like therapy), and Physical (like Surgery or Medicine). None can exist without the other, yes?

Spiritual takes human (physical) application and brain power (mental) to come up with it in the first place.

Same with medicine.

Surgery definitely takes the physical and mental as well.

None can exist without the other two, even if one is at a very low level.

My prescription is simple: look at Reiki and Medicine like they are the same. But, keep them in their own worlds. Reiki is for certain problems. Nobody has ever closed a gaping wound just with Chi or Reiki. Nobody has ever cured a man of fear with Medicine. But, those problems are equally deadly. They cannot be treated the same way.

Nothing would exist and have survived hundreds of years without a good reason.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #65657 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Healers

I don't know if you practice reiki or not. But why on earth would someone who has not practiced Reiki know more about it than someone who had? So someone tells you they can heal yourself and others, And you simply disbalive it. On what grounds do you say that it doesn't exist?

That was his point. certain things make sense, others seem preposterous. People who believe radioactivity causes cancer can have a hard time believing this same radiation, in high doses, can cure that cancer. Yet, they get to be proven otherwise. If you can't experience being cured from cancer by being irradiated, you can always rely on peer review.

But this doesn't mean scientists and reiki practitioners have to be at war. Science doesn't necessarily prove Reiki wrong and reiki doesn't nessesarily have a problem with science.

I think instead of proving things don't work, or don't exist or whatever, time should be spent proving things do work or do exist. For example it was proven that people who believe in reiki benefit from the placebo effect. It's kind of sad people have to believe in something to make their body feel better, but at the same time, they're better off happy fools than sad ones. When it comes to belief in idiotic medical practices, there is far worse than reiki out there. Did you know that having sex with virgins could cure your aids?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65675 by
Alot of this has got do do with the fact that we're made to feel embaresed that there is a phisical aspect to reiki. OFCOURSE, we lay our hands on, and this will make the person relaxed; as would anyone laying their hands on, like a GP. The only problem IMO is that everyone has "heard" bout the more esoteric claims that some reiki masters make and are all educated as to what it's supposed to do

Imagine if George Lucas had never released the Star Wars films, I could quite easily talk about "The Force" and not be called crazy.

Please leave the mystical side of all this to the gods!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #65678 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Healers
Lucas didn't invent the force. Not even the name...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
11 years 9 months ago #65679 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Jedi Healers
I have a book written LONG before any of the Star wars movies were even dreamed up. In this book it calls a universal energy that encompasses all and causes change the “Force.” If I remember correctly this book was written back in 1958.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65684 by
I just want to make my position clear on this topic (and 'energy' healing etc). Reiki is used to heal people. When people go to reiki masters they are often cured or helped with what ails them. I obviously have no problem with that. People that use reiki are, after all, just healing people

But they heal people on the basis of ignorance (no offence). When I say ignorance I do not mean that they are not sincere, they truly believe they are doing good and they do indeed do good

But we have methods and ways of proving whether or not things are what they are to ensure that human ignorance and blind assumption/faith is excluded

Many people believe in things that have no basis in real world fact. Reiki healers are among these people

Fortunately for reiki healers they are helping people and not doing any harm of any sort

But blood letters, witch burnings, (having sex with virgins to remove your AIDS as ren said) are all examples of people not using rational thought and mixing up reality with fantasy by allowing themselves to become subjectively involved and including their own prejudices and ignorance

That is what I am against

Reiki healers are fortunate in that all they are doing is healing, but the same thoughts that give rise to their beliefs in healing also give rise to human ignorance of the greatest of magnitudes and causing extreme harm

So no I don't have a problem with what reiki healers do for those that were wondering :P

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #65690 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi Healers
I do have a problem with you referring to the beliefs of another as "ignorant", apologies or no...

Many physical illnesses are mental issues that have manifested themselves physically... It is why hypnosis is a valid form of treatment for some issues...

Can you explain why you feel someone staring at you?

I actually saw the reason on a television show... But, is it the intensity of the gaze, or the energy that they are focusing on you? Because of their pinpoint concentration?

If your a disbelief, this is fine...

But to lump it in with unicorns and that other rot is ridiculous...

Akkarin wrote: But we have methods and ways of proving whether or not things are what they are to ensure that human ignorance and blind assumption/faith is excluded

People used to say that man couldnt fly, that the world was flat...

Until science can prove it is a hoax, prove, not speculate...

If I had the power, do i think a million dollars and fame and fortune would be worth my time and energy?

Or healing as many as I could?

Maybe science is still a bit behind?

Has science proved the Force?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65691 by

ren wrote: Lucas didn't invent the force. Not even the name...

That's exactly my point!

I'm well aware of the "Force, mind, Being" Type of philosophy.

But now that George Lucas has "popularized" it. It cannot be put across without athiests having all the "facts" about what they think it means, and saying that it's just a movie, when it quite clearly isn't which someone previously in this post has put accross.

I'd rather someone who didn't know about the Star Wars films in the first place, so that I could atleast have a proper discusion with them without them thinking that the phantom menace is about politics and pod racing.

Strangely enough, what you'll find: Is that most of the time when someone says something is simply "not real" they are obliviously aware of the good and bad sides of the subject they are driving out of reality. which is very distresing for the people who know otherwise (knowing something being the oposite of ignorance ;) ) Infact alot of the time they are conviniently saying "I don't belive in the force, but if I did, I would choose the dark side!" You must see how amusing this is from my side? THAT's ignorance.

All this so called worldly inteligence is blinding you from the truth

The force is real

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi