The Force Unleashed

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19613 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Force Unleashed
KOTOR (Knights Of the Old republic for those who are unsure) is a proper RPG game for the PC and tbh cant really be compared to a console (like PS2) but your point on controls is very much the big issue on the web about the game.

All the hyped development, tbh, I dont see it, In terms of looks etc, GT4 still spanks.

Like I said in my recent post, I feel this game really should have been put out on pc, yeah sure, as it is now, but make the necessary modding tools available, we all know many pc games are kept alive by the modders (Medal of honour is a classic example) and I think this game will soon disappear into the dark pit of 'average games' very soon for the lack of a pc version alone.

Its a shame really, in many respects, this game is like the PS2 predator game... a good idea but the controls ruin the game.

MTFBWY - A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19637 by
I'm surprised that they didn't put TFU out for the PC. God knows that they put it out for everything else! :P Imagine the power that could be had if it were!

I'm catching what you're throwing there, Rich. It's mighty satisfying to drop one of those Gammorhean Guard looking punks over the edge in Cloud City, or one of those Falucian Warriors over a cliff. And not to mention holding one of those annoying jet-pack troopers in the direct path of the beam in the Death Star is great fun!

It's also cool if you can simply Force Push a couple of Wookies over the edge at the same time in the prologue.

Also, when you've gone through the game once or twice and built yourself up pretty well, the saber throw is a quick and easy way to dispatch Rancors and AT-STs. Usually, it only takes a few tosses before the finishing combo thing surfaces.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19644 by
One force I think should have gone intot he game (like KOTOR) is mind trick / beast master, unleash the rancors on others :D

TIP for Jump pack troopers, the easy way to kill them (only on levels with a big drop) is to force grip them, then throw the sabre into them, the drop to their death like any other trooper using this method

Remember, no matter how big or hard the enemy in this game, if you can grip them, gravity is fatal ;)

Like wise, force grip an enemy (this is good for crowds) then whilst gripping one, press R1 and watch all the neighbouring enemies and or movable items come flying together

My record for kills in one go now stands at 8 using this, (mainly basic troopers) sadly the multiple kill bonus (force points) max's out at x5 but its still good ;)

MTFBWY - A (My Apprentice's)

PROXY - Signing out :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19660 by
I totally agree with you on that argument, Rich. We see a bit of an inkling of the mind-trick when Starkiller tries to use it on Lobot, but it's not seen again for the entirety of the game.

It would seem logical to have the \"Beastmaster\" power thing, as demonstrated in Ep.II

And really, it's there. But not for use by the player. Shaak-ti obviously has that power as a Jedi to use it against us, and later, Maris Brood also demonstrates this power as a Sith. Yet, we are forced to just go ahead and kill the bastage Rancors, though we are quite powerful in our own right. I mean, we stomp Shaak-Ti as a Sith, and then stomp Maris as a Jedi. Shouldn't we have learned that power somewhere along the line? Logic tells me that it should have.

I dunno, maybe it's just the two of us, but I think that if you can Force Choke Vader, and Force Lightning Emperor Palpatine, you ought to be able to send a Rancor after a lesser foe.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19661 by
Mind trick is also use on Imperial Forces (the commander at the Shuttle on the 2nd visit to Falucia) 'You want to tell me where the Ambassador is'...' Hey, wait a minute, oh no, Im in trouble now' :D

As I said, I guess we could be seen as nit picking here, but lets be honest, when ppl buy a game (whatever the format) fro the starwars games franchise(s), they expect quality, structure, and consistency. Im not against new stroy lines and the expanded universe things, but i m mean within the game itself.

The only time you get to choose Light or dark in this game is when you pick you last battle, ie do I waste Vader again (after the first fight with him) and go darkside, or do I show palpatine my shiny sabre (Lightside)

Eitherway, the character ends up... Now that would be a spoiler :D (no longer a part of the Starwars story as we know him ;))

Anyway, I still stand by my rating on this game, 6 or 7 out of 10

MTFBWY - A

More
15 years 6 months ago #19662 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:The Force Unleashed
im with u on the game overall score
cuz they could of add alot more 2
make it better i mean the game play
was the best but the story was so so

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19684 by
OH YEAH! I forgot about that. So, he obviously knows it. I wonder why we can't use it? Piffle.

I don't mind nitpicking. SW fans are famous for being harsh critics. Just look at what happened to Jar-Jar after Ep.I! And then later, how George Lucas' favor to his daughter, a cameo by N'Sync was scrapped. SW fans can be rather bitter at times. :P

I'll add another complaint. Master Kota. He survived the purge, and orchestrated an elaborate plot to get at Vader. But gets his arse handed to him in every way afterwards. I think that he should have had a better story. Any Jedi Master deserves dignity. And the only real positive that comes from Kota is that he correctly predicted that Starkiller would eventually be mentored by himself. Not much of a consollation prize when you consider that he got whooped-up-on by some unknown apprentice, blinded by the same guy, became a drunk, and then gets treated like a liability for awhile, before he is captured nearly without incident. And then it's kind of unclear what happens to him after that.

But I will go ahead and throw a KUDOS! out there. The character of Juno was awesome. She made up for alot of lacking plotlines.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19688 by
Juno? who's that? ;)

Here is how I would have slightly tweaked the whole story....

Rogue jedi (StarKillers dad) - that is where the light or dark path ought to have been set, kill him for dark (knowing he's your father but the dark side is your master) or let him live (light side) then blah blah kota carries on as already is but rogue jedi becomes your new light master.

Having to fight vader twice is stupid, he is a real mess after the first fight, let alone be able to fight a second time, it should have gone (at the end) that yes you face vader then you go straight onto the emperor, essentially with no time to breathe in between.

The end sequences would still be the same in terms of light n dark based on the rouge jedi fight (or non fight)

Oh Juno... the tea lady... 'Vaders attempt to distract me' :D

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19735 by
Starkiller is the original name Lucas was going to use for Anakin,
Anakin Starkiller, would become Darth Vader, but when he decided to start with ep IV he changed it to Skywalker because Luke Starkiller sounds too ominous for the hero, and doesn't fit his character, plus, it would hint at the twist in ep V too much

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 6 months ago #19763 by
Whilst the temporary name of Starkiller was in use, it was undecided whether the main character would be male or female, whether this means Leia was to be the main one or it was gonna be two females I dont know (may be lucas didnt know either)

Anyway, we got what we were given ;)

MTFBWY - A

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi