The Force Unleashed

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14649 by
The Force Unleashed was created by
Anyone here planning on the new game coming out soon 'The Force Unleashed' sadly it isnt being released for PC (again, I miss out on good game) but I like the idea of it on the Nintendo Wii... thing is, fo I spend big money on the console and a TV (thats right, I dont own a TV, Its built into my PC) for this or what?

Anyway, anyone had a look at the demo vids yet? what do you think... just a friendly discussion thread not a debate on best console etc

MTFBWY - A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14651 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Force Unleashed
I watch those vids all the time! I don't remember waiting for anything with such anticipation! Well, except for the births of my kiddos.

I'm surprised that it's not going to be put out for PC. They're making it for PS2, PS3, PSP, DS, XBOX360, and Wii, so most of us are covered.

If you have the extra scratch, then I say go for it, Rich! I'm trying to talk my wife into letting my buy the Wii console so I can get this game on a next generation platform. I think I have her about convinced. I'm playing the *ahem* EXERCISE angle with this one, and it's working rather well!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14652 by
Well, this may interest you, im planning on making a proper saber hilt and making it into a wii remote :D

probably sell it on flea bay if i dont keep it :D but yeah, if i do go for it, i'll buy the wii and game as a package... just I bought a PS2 purely for grand tourismo and was very disappointedly, i think a PS2 is too weak for this game

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14654 by
Somehow..... I'm not surprised at all! :)

Indeed. I think that the PS2 version will be a fun game, but nowhere NEAR the experience that the next generation consoles can deliver.

Especially the Wii!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14656 by
I hope that it plays well on the PS2. I'm really excited to see how it is, it looks really good.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14686 by
I don't know how well the PS2 version will stand up to the PS3, Wii, and Xbox360 versions of the game, but I WILL be buying the PS2 version of it. My dusty old, clunky first-gen PS2 deserves it. LOL!

I've had that thing since the day before My first son, Korbyn was born. It's been taken apart and put back together so many times that Humpty Dumpty won't stop calling me for advice.

I feel that it's reliability and hours upon hours of enjoyment have earned it the chance to play this title.

And I'm willing to wager that the 40 bucks I spend on the game will be worth it.

But then again, I've never really played a bad SW game.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14687 by
Empire at war is a bad one, its not that i am against RTS games, far from it (I have every total war title, all company of heroes and all the Warhammer 40k titles, so Ive played 1 or 2 RTS :D)

another well, not bad, but not great is episode 1 racer but thats just a racing game with pods so doesnt truly count as a Star Wars game for me.

I had considered the PS2 version of TFU but having seen the footage of xbx et al well, lets be honest, even a PS2 doesnt quite cut it anymore, I am keeping a look out for a 2nd hand console, I will probably go for the Wii version tho, just like the idea of the controls and ive seen a fishing game for the Wii too :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #14945 by
I didn't like Empire at war, or Galaxies. They both are really cool games, and galaxies has the most you can do. But the fighting system should have been different, and the quests were all the same. Oh and it takes you forty gameplay hours to get a lightsaber, and even then you aren't good enough to defeat all the enemies.

More
15 years 5 months ago #19537 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:The Force Unleashed
i dont no but most of
u i really liked the
force unleashed but the
1 thin that really got
me mad was how the game
was short i mean it was
alsome but they could of
but alot more in2 it and
made it longer and but in
some other cool things in
it i mean they worked on
it 4 5 years but over all
the game was kick ass

Karol Fett

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19538 by
I must say, TFU is a great game. I loved every minute of it, the story line is pretty good, and you do get to choose at the end (spoiler) to be bad or good. I recommend finishing it both ways. For the most part though, you are set in pretty much everything you have to do as far as mission is concerned which is something I despise. I loved the KOTOR games because you had more freedom of mission order, actions and words. I can't wait til Oct 21st incase you didn't hear, there will be a major announcement concerning a possible KOTOR era, RPG (think Galaxies in the Real old republic). All in all, TFU was great graphics and some force moves we haven't previously seen.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi