The Force Unleashed

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #19542 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Force Unleashed
My wife bought me TFU for PS2 as an anniversary present. I loved it. Up until I beat it merely 7 hours after I had unwrapped it, and was good and drunk at the time.....

On the replay, my 4 year-old son can stomp the game. But he doesn't like to fight the bosses. (He's a bit young to be able to master the finishing button sequences.)

It's a great game, for sure. But it isn't what it's been hyped up to be. As far as console games go, it's better than Ep.III.

I hope that the XBox360, Wii, and PS3 versions are better.

The storyline is OK. It makes sense. For the most part. But it leaves ends untied.

I, for one don't get how someone that was strong enough to defeat Vader, was spared by the Emperor, and demoted to \"Sith Stalker\" and is never heard from again.

Also, I don't find it plausible that Starkiller dies while using the Force to cause a massive explosion to take down the Death Star, and yet the Death Star survives, as well as Vader and Palpatine, despite the fact that Starkiller has completely defeated both Sith Lords in single combat.

Starkiller comes back to the light side of things mid way through, and becomes so powerful that he can kick Vader's and Palpatine's asses. But we never hear from him again????????? He would be legendary in my opinion. And his tale would surely have been passed down at least to Luke. And no doubt, Yoda would have felt his presence. Even Obi-Wan would have known of him through the folks that Starkiller pushed into starting the rebellion.

Seriously... He stomped his Master's ass, and went on to beat the hell out of the Emperor, and ANAKIN is the chosen one?

I'm not getting it.

Maybe I need to read some more SWTEU books?

Fun game though. Even if it makes absolutely no sense to anyone that has read any of the books. It fits right in with the movies storyline though.

Don't even get me started on how people that were killed before, actually weren't killed, but survived secretly until Starkiller had the chance to meet them again.

It could have been done better. But I do like it.
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19544 by
It was a fun game but to much like god of war.I really just liked unlocking things and Messing around the story was loose left allot of gaps and they said that you would be hunting jedi not killing a few and then becoming one.Really im just nitpicking over all it was a good game but the hyp killed it.

One other thing was that both starKiller and Vader were in soul calibur along with Yoda but Yoda didn't get to fight.One thing i Never liked is how yoda has yet to have a Fight were he wins.I was really hoping that he would have killed starkiller.I mean He fought Ducky and Count Ducky just ran away and When he fought Palpatine he fell and had to run.To me it just seems like they should have used Yoda after going through the trouble of making him.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19550 by
TFU (for PS2 anyway) is only what id call an 'ok' game, 6 or 7 out of 10

Why it isnt out for PC i dont know, Jedi Academy and Outcast are MUCH better than TFU.

It llooks pretty good even for a now ageing console, the details like the flow of clothing, the movement of the sabers etc is all very spot on (hard to notice these things when in mid fight, but when youve done the game a few times and are on max power for everything, you get time to play as in play time, and spot all these things).

I have 197/200 holocrons, and all the hilts n crystals n costumes. Now the costumes are disappointing, simply because, if you play a level with a 'custom skin' ie any character other than the base Starkiller, you cant view cut scenes. Also, you cant independently select levels, if you have a favourite level, you have to do the whole game again to replay it.

The auto save is only of use if you get spanked in a fight n replay, if you turn the play station off you have to restart the level from the start... some levels are very long and this can be a pain.

If i were to buy a different console, I think I would get this game, just to see how different the levels and graphics are from the PS2 version, but I wouldnt call this a 'must have game' even for starwars freaks.

I collect the starwars games (for pc, like wise tombraider) and I am very confident in saying this game would have been so much better had ot been designed for PC.

I do not however want to see yet another later release for pc and find its simply a XBOX port, more often than not, they stink.

Not a bad game, not a great game either (and no multiplayer on ps2 either) as I suspected would be the case, all hype, the online movies are pretty much the best bit of the game dumped together to make small movies.

If anyone is really interested, I could bash together a video of the ps2 version as I run mine thru my pctv card (no tv atm, have to use my pc for it :D)

Anyway... dont ask for it for xmas, dont be in a hurry to buy it, wait for it to be released in the budget ranges or rent it... 2days max will see anyone complete the game anyway and very little to go back for (unless like me you insist on ALL the pickups :D)

MTFBWY - A

More
15 years 5 months ago #19559 by Grom Fett
Replied by Grom Fett on topic Re:The Force Unleashed
if they make the next game
lik KOTOR the same way they
made this game that would be
ALL SOME i lov how u can hav
stormtroopers throwin round
it nev gets old haha

Former Master:Br John
Rite:Jediism Rite
Former Apprentice: Knight Apprentice OwenShea 11/08, Angelus 11/09
Current Apprentice:

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19567 by
I heard that the next KOTOR is going to be an online MMO o.O

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19569 by
Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

Also, you cant independently select levels, if you have a favourite level, you have to do the whole game again to replay it.

Yeah you can .You cant pick parts of it but you can pick your levels.Thats how i unlocded every thing there was no way that i would have played the game all the way through over and over just to get every thing.

In the Pause menu there is a button called Missions I think you can also get to it from the main menu.Any way thats how I was able to get every thing.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19576 by
Not on my version of PS2 TFU

anyway, pretty much completed it now (as in found EVERYTHING) anyway, so not a biggie

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #19597 by
I concur with Rich. No level select for me either. Despite my trying like crazy to figure out a way. It just can't be done on PS2.

I could go on for hours about the shortcomings of this game. Like, the camera angles that the computer assigns are a total piece of crap and hurt you alot.

And the fact that unless you've amped yourself up with saber crystals, your lightsaber is more like a club than a saber. I mean, we've seen these things cut through walls, and dissect enemies with minimal effort. Yet, in this game, it takes a good three or four impalements or slashes to take down some of the lesser enemies. That is, unless, of course, the Intergalactic Universe has somehow managed to find a way to use cortosis in everything.

Give me a game where not only are the Force powers awesome, but the lightsabers do the damage that they're supposed to do. To everyone. I'd love it if I was half a second faster than Vader and managed to kill him with one solid thrust with my saber, rather than dancing around for 15 minutes trying to gain an opportunity to whip a box at him, or slam him against a wall, or electrocute him. And I don't know about you guys, but I'd be happier dying if I wasted time trying to do some elaborate Force move, and get decapitated for my efforts, than by licking my wounds and running around looking for the nearest health suppliment after I got shown how stupid my first attack was.
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19604 by
The camera angle thing is a dog in one on one boss fights, the first thing to do is press the R2 button (i think its that one) and it unlocks the camera again ;) your pretty much stuck with a Mortal Kombat style view but its easier to fight this way (and youll spot the holocrons better)

Also the best weapon in the game is the Blaster Block most enemies will kill themselves this way and push is best power (or grip, think of the term 'dropping them off' to understand this ;)

I could right an idiots guide to spank this game but it would ruin it for everyone :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19607 by
This was a well developed game but, there was much I was disappointed about. I didn't like how short the game seemed, I beat it in one night. I didn't like how you had little control over your character like you have in KOTOR. I also wished it went more into detail about things such as his early training and some more levels. I liked how you could change your clothes and lightsaber but everything was just so simple. Ofcourse the graphics were great and the storyline was good. It was a good game but nothing special.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi