Who is the Force?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78593 by
Who is the Force? was created by
Of course, we can't define what the Force is, as we can't define God, Dao, or anything "up there". Yet, there is always some room for description. I was thinking about it, quite strangely, after watching Disney's 'Pocahontas', especially the quite well-known part with 'Colours of the Wind'. I started to think if what Pocahontas is singing about might not be somehow connected with the Force; after all, she sings about powers lying both in our world and beyond it and the way it manifests itself through many things, in this case, nature.

When I hear gregorian chant, I know I feel something bigger than me. When I look into the infinite cosmos, I know how small I am compared to the Cosmos. When I see dervishes during semazen I know that they know.

There is a mystery.

When do you feel that you just got a clue about it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #78594 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: Who is the Force?
I always say this when discussion is about super human things, "You can not prove them, you can not deny them, you need to believe in them, or not, and that's up to you!"

But I, myself, love the way Alan Watts describe Jediism in his book "The Book" which is a part of IP. He describe that super human power in the best way possible.

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78598 by
Replied by on topic Re: Who is the Force?
I like the pocahontas bit and I definitely agree it could be used to describe the force. It's all around us, right?

As for me. I feel I have a clue to what the force is when I take the time to try and move my own energy. Up or down the body, trying to share good vibes with a friend, or maybe soaking some in from the world around me. It's kind of weird and fun to try. There's definitely something there (whether psychosomatic or not).

A quick way to experience it is by bringing your fingertips near each other, concentrate on pushing energy up into them, and then try to make it leap the gap and cycle between your two hands like waves.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 5 months ago #78607 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Who is the Force?

Wendaline wrote: A quick way to experience it is by bringing your fingertips near each other, concentrate on pushing energy up into them, and then try to make it leap the gap and cycle between your two hands like waves.

I can't remember if it's the great jedi holocron or the grand book of the sith, but one of them describes this very technique as a way to develop your affinity....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78610 by
I personally feel the force when I intentionally try to "recenter" myself. In times of great tension, conflict, or anxiety, I easily freak out. But usually I realize that I am freaking out, and switch my objectives to recentering myself. I repeat a varying mantra to the force as if it were my guardian: something like, "Where are you, force? Find me.....bond with me....merge with me.....lend me strength...". You'll be surprised how easy it is to calm down doing this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #78760 by
"I Am the Force, and So Are You", by William Kaede.

Largely a Satanic concept, self-deification comes from a well-made point; if Man creates god(s) in his own image, then why not go one step further and pronounce myself as the god of my life? It doesn’t necessarily mean that I believe I have superpowers, but it just means that I recognise the control I have over my own life and my values. It’s a fairly self-centred philosophy, but then again, so is Satanism. To quote Magus Peter H. Gilmore’s essay “What, the Devil?“, found in The Satanic Scriptures…

Since our philosophy is self-centered, each Satanist sees himself as the most important person in his life. Each individual thus generates his own hierarchy of values and judges everything based on his own standards. Therefore, we Satanists appoint ourselves as the “Gods” in our subjective universes. That doesn’t mean we think we have the powers of a mythological deity, but it does mean that we revere the creative capacity in our species.

Returning to the title; “I Am The Force”. Let’s break down the Sith Code for a moment.

Peace is a Lie, there is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength,
Through Strength I gain Power,
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my Chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

So that’s my passion, my strength, my power and my victory, breaking my chains. It says “the Force shall free me.” By my reckoning, I am the Force. I am the ruling power in my life, and at the very end of things, ultimately I make the choices. There isalways a choice. The alternative option to a current predicament may not be a good one, but it’s still there. For every choice there is a consequence, and bad choices tend to have bad consequences. It’s my choices in life that’ve driven me to where I am now. Sure, those around me have influence but at the very last point, I have the last say on my decisions.

I am the Force, and so are you.

More
11 years 5 months ago #78762 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: Who is the Force?
Here is another answer to this question From my journal

Sajjad Heydari wrote: ...

I started to ask myself, what do I want to learn? My answer was... "The Truth." But, as I read at TIMUS contest, "For every problem there is always an easy, fast wrong answer!" and that's "The truth"

What I'm really seeking is not truth, probably. I want to learn how to live in this life, first. And that's another fast easy wrong answer. So...

Then, I looked at url of website ( I have it open most of the times I'm using computer ) Temple of The Jedi Order... Jedi... I wanted to be a Jedi. Why? To find the Force, perhaps. From my past studies, in school, I've been told that Allah-or God- is a kind super power, no one is better than it. But if you stop following it, that nice super power, will turn into the cruelest thing in world. It will use your body as a fuel in hell. It...

But The Force, ... it is different. It is me, it is you, it is not what is beyond this world, but, it is inside this world, it is this world. It is everywhere, and nowhere. You can see it in a rock, if you want, or in a complex lineral algebra figure, or in your inner voice. It is me, and I am it. It is the world, so I am the world. I don't have these feelings for Allah, or God. They are mean... Although they are same, but they have been described in this way...

So, I want to be a Jedi, to be closer to Force, although It is closer to me than my neck veins, but it is unfamiliar. As my brain, it is me, but I don't know it well. I guess Jediism is the best way to know The Force. That's why I'm here.

I know the way, now. To learn the way of Force, to learn how Force is working, to learn how should I use it, to ... I guess, by this way, there is no different who my mentor would be. As "For every human being, there is a unique way of reaching to The Force"

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

More
11 years 5 months ago #78833 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Who is the Force?
I can generate a certain type of non-focus in nature, where I release my attention and judgement and just focus on my own ability to be be open and just myself... if done right I can reach this sort of state where everything around me becomes sort of free. I can see everything moving individually in a unified dance and it feels like my senses have tuned into the living Force. Its usually so powerful it makes my eyes water etc. Works best in moderate breeze sitting on the lee side of a crest so tree tops are moving but you do not directly feel the breeze. It might not be the Force but it feels like connecting to it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #79585 by

Who is the Force?

Who is not the Force?

Look around you. Look within. Everywhere and everything is a clue. And yet they are forever hidden to those who do not understand. Understanding comes when you let go. But therein lies the trap. You cannot let go until you realize there is nothing to let go of.

All that's left is simply to have a good laugh :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 months ago #87402 by
Though being a humble novice I myself feel the Force when I meditate or when I am exercising. One such exercise is to place my palms some distance away and gather energy between them. With practice this energy "ball" has become more powerful and far stronger. It vibrates and I experience everything around me differently. I can even turn my hands toward empty space and feel the energy, the Force, all around me. If I am deep in this meditation I can feel how dense and solid space really is. You cannot feel it normally but it is like we are moving under water.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi