"Jesus" was a Jedi

More
8 years 4 months ago #210890 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Khaos wrote: Nope.

Im still lost on the whole "Jesus was a Jedi" part honestly.

What i mean is that you can act even if it does not agree with your beliefs
You can for example act good, but have bad intentions

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210893 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Bareus wrote:

I'm not understanding you either. If a person has bad intentions, but the good actions set them up for their 'bad' intended results, is this not acting within their beliefs?

I think you either need to explain more clearly or choose a different example lol

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210896 by Yugen

Kamizu wrote:

Bareus wrote:

I'm not understanding you either. If a person has bad intentions, but the good actions set them up for their 'bad' intended results, is this not acting within their beliefs?

I think you either need to explain more clearly or choose a different example lol

Okay, the action, TO act, is to do something
You can do something even if it does not agree with your belifes, for example, if you are forced to act
Then you still act, even if you do not want to

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Yugen.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210897 by Yugen
I think i am finished debating this subject for now
I may return later, with better examples, lol

May the force be with you

TOTJO Novice

IP Journal

More
8 years 4 months ago #210899 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Bareus wrote:

Kamizu wrote:

Bareus wrote:

Okay, the action, TO act, is to do something
You can do something even if it does not agree with your belifes, for example, if you are forced to act
Then you still act, even if you do not want to

That's still a choice one makes. Most times people will adjust their beliefs to accept the act, or simply chose not to act at all. Very rarely do you get someone acting out of their beliefs. It amazes me what people can come up with to reconcile their actions to themselves.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210901 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Khaos wrote: Well, logically, one would act in accordance to ones beliefs.

No?

well it depends - i guess the most direct way to say it is that people often dont have any clue what they really believe

we/they have all kinds of IDEAS in our heads, (99% of them being other peoples ideas which we attach ourselves to)

and if you sit us/them down and ask them questions we rattle off those ideas like they are sacred writ (and often enough yeah they are)

but when you put is under the pressures of life, the choices that we make and the actions we take reflect what we (you could say) REALLY believe, which is often very different from what we say we believe if you ask us

and this isnt even to say that people lie about their beliefs, its really more a case of how rare AND DIFFICULT genuine, comprehensive self awareness really is

but what i was getting at with my question was more like "is it the doctrine or the practice that confirms the label?"

so like am i a jedi because i "believe in the force" or (totjo specific) because i accept the doctrine as true?

or am i a jedi because i make conscious effort for my daily behavior to align with the 16 teachings?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210905 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi
It depends if the individual defines the Force in similar terms to Christianity I guess. If the intention of a 'Jedi Jesus' was to educate and bring awareness to as many people as possible in the Force, as divinity, it might have best been achieved by using the cultures myths at the time, being Judaic monotheism but bringing it into a more spiritual, communal and less violent interpretation. It seems most Jedi tend to view the Force as both internal and external, and as something that can be experienced. This flies in the face of some Christian thought which can posit a distinct seperation between the divine and material existence punctuated by the struggle with sin.

I personally think the teachings attributed to Jesus did try to make religion more experiential, and tried to bridge the gap by bringing the divine light into the soul of humans more directly. So if we use law or truth as a definition of testament, it could quite literally be a 'new' testament of the existing spirituality, rather then a new spirituality entirely (with associated testaments). Sort of like choosing to reveal some of the Force to people in terms they understand, versus revealing the Force more fully to a select few and having everyone else ignore them completely, ie massage existing belief to grow in a direction rather then trying to replace it entirely.

It's a great way for a Jedi wanting to learn more about Christianity - was Jesus a Jedi
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210906 by
Replied by on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

well it depends - i guess the most direct way to say it is that people often dont have any clue what they really believe

we/they have all kinds of IDEAS in our heads, (99% of them being other peoples ideas which we attach ourselves to)

and if you sit us/them down and ask them questions we rattle off those ideas like they are sacred writ (and often enough yeah they are)

but when you put is under the pressures of life, the choices that we make and the actions we take reflect what we (you could say) REALLY believe, which is often very different from what we say we believe if you ask us

and this isnt even to say that people lie about their beliefs, its really more a case of how rare AND DIFFICULT genuine, comprehensive self awareness really is

but what i was getting at with my question was more like "is it the doctrine or the practice that confirms the label?"

so like am i a jedi because i "believe in the force" or (totjo specific) because i accept the doctrine as true?

or am i a jedi because i make conscious effort for my daily behavior to align with the 16 teachings?

Right....So you act in accordance with your beliefs.

No?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

More
8 years 4 months ago #210909 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Khaos wrote:

Right....So you act in accordance with your beliefs.

No?

lol

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

More
8 years 4 months ago #210911 by Lykeios Little Raven

ghost dog wrote: Yeshua Ha' Mashiach or Yeshu Ben Yosef was a Jedi. :evil:

por que He was. i've always believed this, and i may expound otra vez más tarde.

Thank you. I cannot accept this. However, gracias.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi