"Jesus" was a Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179677 by
Replied by on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

ghost dog wrote: Jesus is a transliteration of a substitution of a name, unless you are talking about a Hispanic name, so as not to cause any confusion.

Akkarin wrote: Was there a man we know now as Jesus who existed?

Akkarin wrote: Did this man we know as Jesus but who is given the title of Christ

Emphasis mine.

ghost dog wrote: Originally this thread was intended to be a lighthearted shoot the scat about Jesus being a Jedi, and it unintentionally caused a 9.6 magnitude earthquake in the fundamental region of numerous folks' comfort zones so........................

Hmm... maybe we have experienced different levels of forum thread earthquakes, but I don't see anything that supports that statement.

As to what the original intention of this thread:

Yeshua Ha' Mashiach or Yeshu Ben Yosef was a Jedi. :evil:

por que He was. i've always believed this, and i may expound otra vez más tarde.

That doesn't really communicate much. You may wish to elaborate on some of these posts to ensure that what you are trying to communicate is clearly stated.

ghost dog wrote: A more helpful discussion would be what did the title of Christ mean.

On the other hand if you have any foreknowledge of what the "christ" actually was in ancient Hebrew then that might be fun, but if you are just going to look up some stuff and regurgitate a bunch of nonsensical mainstream swine scat you have no desire to understand or present understanding of then why bother? this is an actual earnest question btw.

And there wouldn't be tremors rattling the so called temple if there was any care for finding or possession of any understanding of that, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Now that isn't very good is it? I was tempted to start talking about what "Christ" originally meant, but before even doing so I am not sure if it is the "mainstream" response and if it is then I must obviously lack any sort of desire for understanding.

You can't have a discussion by beginning it with "the other person is wrong and doesn't care". If you do then it isn't a discussion rather you seem to have already formed your own conclusion so it's just an argument for argument's sake.

If you want to explore various subjects then we can explore, but leave final judgements of the subject to the end, and keep the judgements of those people participating entirely absent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #179682 by

You can't have a discussion by beginning it with "the other person is wrong and doesn't care". If you do then it isn't a discussion rather you seem to have already formed your own conclusion so it's just an argument for argument's sake.

If you want to explore various subjects then we can explore, but leave final judgements of the subject to the end, and keep the judgements of those people participating entirely absent.

that is my side of the aftershock i was talking about. stupid reverberates when the stupid waves fluctuate my ship i may act stupid too. you can't very well have much of a discussion about Jesus being a Jedi when Wild Bill and Martin Luther King Jr. come along either so.....or most of the other post too....

but if you want to talk about what the title Christ means cool; I'd like to read it.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179690 by

ghost dog wrote: that is my side of the aftershock i was talking about. stupid reverberates when the stupid waves fluctuate my ship i may act stupid too. you can't very well have much of a discussion about Jesus being a Jedi when Wild Bill and Martin Luther King Jr. come along either so.....or most of the other post too....

I am not sure what this means.

ghost dog wrote: but if you want to talk about what the title Christ means cool; I'd like to read it.

From what I was able to find it just means "Messiah".

More
9 years 2 months ago #179734 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi
This is the best book I've read on the thorny topic of who (or what) Jesus might have been: Mystic Christianity and the Inner Teachings of the Master. www.yogiramacharaka.com has it all online.

As ever, Alan Watts is brilliant on this matter as well:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s42V8BGBvTk

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .

More
9 years 2 months ago #179741 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

ghost dog wrote:

that is my side of the aftershock i was talking about. stupid reverberates when the stupid waves fluctuate my ship i may act stupid too. you can't very well have much of a discussion about Jesus being a Jedi when Wild Bill and Martin Luther King Jr. come along either so.....or most of the other post too....

but if you want to talk about what the title Christ means cool; I'd like to read it.

jesus walked right over top the stupid waves

except the one time with the money changers

and then one time he let the waves just simply carry him away

dr king took his beatings and paid his bonds and always always sang his freedom songs

i dont wish to be misunderstood
i would not vote you off the island

i think what seperates jedi from other wisdom disciplines is that we have warrior ethos integrated within a path of mystical discipleship
or perhaps we have integrated wisdom and mystical discipleship into our warriors path

People are complicated.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #179782 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

ghost dog wrote: A more helpful discussion would be what did the title of Christ mean.

Akkarin's data is correct... "Christ" is a title from the Greek Khri-stos', which is the equivalent to the Hebrew Ma-shi'ach, "Messiah; Annointed One". Therefore, not merely an added appellative to distinguish this Jesus from others of same or similar name, but an official title (for example, Matt. 2:4, where he is mentioned as "the Christ").

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Tarran.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 2 months ago #179785 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Akkarin wrote:

ghost dog wrote: but if you want to talk about what the title Christ means cool; I'd like to read it.

From what I was able to find it just means "Messiah".

It shares a root word with "charisma". Both come from the Greek for the verb "anoint."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179794 by
The Anointed One was one of the several messianic titles. The theology of the messiah is very diverse and some versions of the messiah do not emphasize the appellation of the 'anointed one'. There are different kinds of ceremonies that include the rite of anointing for a variety of roles and purposes, priests and kings can be anointed. Part of the confusion is that Messianic titles can be written in either Hebrew or Greek. Jesus of Nazareth has been given a variety of titles.

Christianity did not start out intending to be a new and different religion but was rather a reform movement within first century Judaism, particularly as a reform movement within the Pharisee theological community. It was during the second generation after the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth, when Paul began circulating his letters to already established congregations that had never been part of this Jewish reform movement, that the second reform movement began that would lead to the foundation of a distinct religion. These other congregations were Gentile and they eventually became the most prominent congregations. Conversion to Judaism was no longer required to be a follower of Jesus of Nazareth and so Christian religion began but even so it remained heavily influenced by Judaism while it took on particular aspects of Platonism and Stoicism. There was a lot of contention in the early church regarding which elements of Judaism should be retained and this controversy can be read in Paul's Letters. One of those controversies was whether the Christ, the Anointed One of God, was also the Son of God - a notion rejected by the strictly monotheistic form of Pharisee Judaism. Gentiles more accustomed to polytheism had no problem with the notion. Messianic Judaism faded after the destruction of the Temple.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179887 by

ghost dog wrote:

666 I a) Abrahamism

Abrahamism is Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All three of these have numerous divisions within each of them. I do not presently care to write about all of these religions in correlation to any specific sources. Religion is a topic of utmost importance to the human masses. It is something my dumb ass is always reading about, because I have an inherent love for prophecy. If there any sources that I find really interesting perhaps I may write something about them.

One definition of Christian that always comes to the top of my list is someone who strives to be Christlike. So the first thing one would need to do to be a Christian is come to know Christ. This is a lot more problematic than one might think as there are many definitions of Christ. Here's mine - Christ - the anointed one. I'll just skip the anointed with what part at this point, because I actually have sources for that. So let us simply examine the mainstream definition of Christ, Jesus Christ, that is. For the sake of simplicity, historically speaking, let's just call him Yeshua Ben Yosef.

TO BE CONTINUED

http://www.abrahamism.org/

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179889 by
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=christen

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi