"Jesus" was a Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179892 by
Replied by on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

Alan wrote: Christianity did not start out intending to be a new and different religion but was rather a reform movement within first century Judaism, particularly as a reform movement within the Pharisee theological community. It was during the second generation after the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth, when Paul began circulating his letters to already established congregations that had never been part of this Jewish reform movement, that the second reform movement began that would lead to the foundation of a distinct religion.

One of my lecturers said that he thinks the persecution of the Jews was one of the factors behind why Christianity became a distinct religion. He thought that it would be fuelled in part by members of the Jesus Movement arguing that they are distinct from Jews thus trying in some way to avoid some of the persecution. Couple that with the destruction of the Temple, which you mentioned, and the Jewish cultural identity crises after 70CE and people would be in the right mind to have a change of religious persuasion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #179958 by
Christianity's emergence as something other than reform movement within Judaism has its origins in the Pauline teachings. For Paul, the true founder of Christianity, is the source of the transformation of the religion of Jesus to a religion about Jesus. Jesus is more than only the Messiah, he is transformed by Paul into a divinity, the Son of God. Christian theology developed other concepts that strictly monotheistic Judaism would find unacceptable: the Christological idea of Incarnation and the Trinitarian formula. Other incompatible views include the nature of God (who for the Jews was totally transcendent), the covenant, and the salvation from sin. Following the destruction of the Second Temple, Jews who held these divergent views were banned from the synagogue.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180012 by

Alan wrote: Christianity's emergence as something other than reform movement within Judaism has its origins in the Pauline teachings. For Paul, the true founder of Christianity, is the source of the transformation of the religion of Jesus to a religion about Jesus. Jesus is more than only the Messiah, he is transformed by Paul into a divinity, the Son of God. Christian theology developed other concepts that strictly monotheistic Judaism would find unacceptable: the Christological idea of Incarnation and the Trinitarian formula. Other incompatible views include the nature of God (who for the Jews was totally transcendent), the covenant, and the salvation from sin. Following the destruction of the Second Temple, Jews who held these divergent views were banned from the synagogue.

Alan is about the only user account that made any noteworthy contributions to the No Holds Barred Bible Study just he sort of put them in the Jesus is a Jedi thread. Cool beans, there's 'possum in 'em. How many Forces are there? Is the Force all encompassing? One God.

The History of planet Earth that is taught by the mainstream is the biggest lie ever. A serious student of truth and sincere researcher of knowledge KNOWS this(and if this was a legitimate pow wow i'd be able to speak in tongues using all sorts of "cuss" words to emphasize my point)(
))but ....................
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #180024 by
Yes, I have been mixing it up a bit. :whistle:

How about?

Jesus as an:
exemplary representation of the Force.
or
exemplary manifestation of the Force.

Exemplary : heroic, mythic, archetypal.

This appears to me to be consistent with:
labels like Incarnation or
titles like Son of God and
roles like Redeemer.

For some, the Force is divinely immanent, like the Dao.

More
9 years 2 months ago #180026 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi

ghost dog wrote: The History of planet Earth that is taught by the mainstream is the biggest lie ever.

Oh? Then let's see the evidence. Maybe a new and profound discovery in chemistry? Or perhaps another law of physics never conceived of before that is now revealing how no lie ever spoken was bigger than the accepted history of our planet? Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Except...

A serious student of truth and sincere researcher of knowledge KNOWS this...

Oh... Now that's... that's... geez... wow... I guess we'll have to rethink our entire picture of the world now, because... well, we ought to be knowing this already because that's how discoveries work: You just know them because you'd be a fool not to.

So which claim should one not believe under this standard? Do you not know what an Appeal To Flattery fallacy is?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Tarran,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180052 by

Gisteron wrote:

ghost dog wrote: The History of planet Earth that is taught by the mainstream is the biggest lie ever.

Oh? Then let's see the evidence. Maybe a new and profound discovery in chemistry? Or perhaps another law of physics never conceived of before that is now revealing how no lie ever spoken was bigger than the accepted history of our planet? Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Except...

Oh... Now that's... that's... geez... wow... I guess we'll have to rethink our entire picture of the world now, because... well, we ought to be knowing this already because that's how discoveries work: You just know them because you'd be a fool not to.

So which claim should one not believe under this standard? Do you not know what an Appeal To Flattery fallacy is?

it is something that is extremely difficult to convey in words much less on an interweb forum. one must know for themselves. i've talked about It more than i should already, it seems to me, and i feel that is one of the reasons that i have received so much ridicule, for attempting to convey the unconveyable. alan watts is in the same school and contemporaries with people who understand and attempt to convey this, but .......... yea, that is part of the whole TOTJO experience i just don't get.

however, i did submit others' evidence and it was ridiculed. so.....................what happens when the goat screws the pooch or the pooch screws the goat?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180060 by

Gisteron wrote:

i did not say fool, and i am not appealing to flattery just in case you are being serious. but just to be straight up and honest G-Rony you are a presumptuous prick and a psychotic presumptor and the evidence is about a quarter mile high by now. just trying to keep it fair before you reach the half mile mark.

MODERATORS WARNING:

Please stop the name calling. It is not productive and does not belong in a Jedi Temple. - Desolous

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180066 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi
You presented claims and claims only and never a shred of evidence for any of them. Some were questioned, some were let to pass. None were ridiculed. Everyone who questioned something you posted to any degree was at least ridiculed and usually also insulted by you. Now you are playing the persecuted and attacked and ridiculed one exactly as I predicted you would despite the fact that you never were any of those. The most anyone ever did to you was me doing an Ad Absurdum argument all of which held up for the perfeclty matching analogies that they were.

This topic is about your views of Jesus and I'll gladly let it get back to it, particularly given that I am specifically and openly discouraged from responding to you.

I am not filing formal complaints for derogatory speech, personal attacks or insults to myself and others as I bloody well should. I don't need the establishment to step in so I won't call them to it. I will defend the innocent from empty accusations however. Posing a question is not ridicule. Inquiring to learn more is not an attack. Those are your domains, not ours. Whether you will get away with them shall be up to those in charge, but keep your projections to yourself. If you want to make bold claims and not back any of them up, be my guest: We can go out and falsify your claims if we need to. You lie about the people here though and we won't let that pass uncommented. If then you go on to personal attacks... Now you've lost our courtesy.

Carry on. I'm done.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180070 by
the only way you are done, my good friend, G Rony, is if you are a sock puppet, if you are a real person it is far from over.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #180076 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic "Jesus" was a Jedi
Well this conversation appears to be going nowhere productive at any reasonable speed.

Gisteron is often quite blunt in his approach, but its difficult to fault him when it comes to his ability to break things down into factual components (though the sarcasm is strong in this one today). And I don't think that your responses to him in this thread are appropriate.

He may not be willing to report you for your treatment of him, but I have.

Time to take a different approach I think Ghost.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , steamboat28, , Archon, Tarran

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi