JEDI communication CRISIS

More
7 years 7 months ago #255479 by steamboat28

Wescli Wardest wrote: I proposed a system of Ambassadors in Council a while back, which would have regional control of areas and a personnel structure that could bring unity in such a time if utilization was needed. :ohmy: :laugh:

This idea would be handy anyhow, even in non-crisis times. It could be utilized to help plan meetups, schedule PR interviews, set up charity functions, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi, Brick, Codama

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255485 by Wescli Wardest
The primary function of the proposal was to coordinate clergy and ceremony functions in areas, utilizing regional assets and a command structure. Secondary was to provide an “on ground” presence for local administration. Having these abilities would provide a fall back infrastructure that would insure continued communication given an extreme breakdown of social services; IE: utilities, communication…

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, , Cyan Sarden, Brick, Codama

More
7 years 7 months ago #255489 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic JEDI communication CRISIS
Watch it TP Frank will take you seriousley! :laugh:

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
7 years 7 months ago #255509 by Tellahane
The following user(s) said Thank You: Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255542 by
Replied by on topic JEDI communication CRISIS

Tellahane wrote: Is anyone else a HAM RADIO operator? =p

Ooh, me me me! My licence runs until 2021. All I have is a handheld Wouxun, but with the county repeater it gets the job done. Amateur radio is a highly underrated hobby. Just wish I had the money (and location) for a proper rig with a nice antenna.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255589 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Re:JEDI communication CRISIS

Tellahane wrote: Is anyone else a HAM RADIO operator? =p

Yes! I have been licensed for over ten years. I use my radioes almost every day. Especially in the Search and Rescue that I'm doing now. KC8SZV ;-)

May you walk in beauty, the Jedi Way.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

More
7 years 7 months ago #255590 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic JEDI communication CRISIS
I got into Ham Radio for storm spotting originally, actually it was more storm chasing, then migrated to storm spotting, did some search and rescue as well but the team I was in was just too far away sometimes for me to even get there and to maintain training it was an hour 20 minute drive one way every time so I resigned from that some time ago. But it is a general level license, I don't have any HF rig cause I haven't had the need to invest in one, but I do have a mobile and a few portables Yeasu Brand. KC9GIE
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255592 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic JEDI communication CRISIS

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, J_Roz, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255598 by
Replied by on topic JEDI communication CRISIS

Wescli Wardest wrote: I proposed a system of Ambassadors in Council a while back, which would have regional control of areas and a personnel structure that could bring unity in such a time if utilization was needed. :ohmy: :laugh:

But it never went anywhere. :pinch: :P

Perhaps, as time goes on, if such a need is recognized as being pertinent to facilitate we will revisit the idea. ;)

Wescli Wardest wrote: The primary function of the proposal was to coordinate clergy and ceremony functions in areas, utilizing regional assets and a command structure. Secondary was to provide an “on ground” presence for local administration. Having these abilities would provide a fall back infrastructure that would insure continued communication given an extreme breakdown of social services; IE: utilities, communication…

I wonder what was missing in the 'ambassador' idea.. :( I am not so sure if there are many regular ceremonial functions that require a total local command structure. :blink:

Funny to mention that I did have contact with a regional thingy for some personal stuff not so long ago. When I looked to this type of system I noticed that members who are well connected with each other do not require it on national level but on regional level (short distances); people who are not familiar do require it on national or regional level. It is more or less administrative in its nature, to aid the total administration; to split things up, it requires a very large demand or a very large confusion in X communication in order to specialize it for a spesific area.
I have totally no experience with emergency failure things, but long distances would make it more difficult to travel I guess. If internet fails.. what else could fail at the same time?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi