JEDI communication CRISIS

More
7 years 7 months ago #255444 by Codama
The title was only picked to draw attention to the thread (may not be that serious).

I appreciate the online community. I was thinking... if something was to happen to where we didn't have any internet (regional or global power outage or maybe even government regulations), how would we (assuming we would want to) be able to communicate with each other? (We'd be pretty much living "off the grid". I think it's different being off the grid by choice, when you have the resources to be on the grid. But, what if something happens and we are all (a large portion) is faced with being off the grid?)

Ideas or thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255446 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic JEDI communication CRISIS
We would need to establish local cults and then send runners out.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, Breeze el Tierno, Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255447 by
Replied by on topic JEDI communication CRISIS
Thankfully the internet is so integral to most of the developed world's infrastructure now that any outage would likely be very short - and even if wired connections went down, mobile networks would pick up the slack to an extent.

I have the addresses of 3 of my Apprentices and my Master, as well as a few other Jedi, so in theory I could write to them. However I store those addresses in cloud storage, so...

Besides that, however, it would be a tricky thing.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255449 by Codama
Replied by Codama on topic JEDI communication CRISIS
I agree tzb.
In my mind, it would be great t even want to stay in contact with each other. Of course a large portion would be trying to figure out how to gain contact with family and loved ones. It would be dope to have some for of contact with members of the TOTJO.

Maybe each "area" would have a ham radio.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 7 months ago #255450 by Wescli Wardest
I proposed a system of Ambassadors in Council a while back, which would have regional control of areas and a personnel structure that could bring unity in such a time if utilization was needed. :ohmy: :laugh:

But it never went anywhere. :pinch: :P

Perhaps, as time goes on, if such a need is recognized as being pertinent to facilitate we will revisit the idea. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Zenchi, , OB1Shinobi, Rex, Codama

More
7 years 7 months ago #255451 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic JEDI communication CRISIS
I think all the UK Jedi (and a couple of Dutch/French/Swiss) would descend upon Loudzoo's place within the first 24 hours and set up a HQ there :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, , , Cyan Sarden, Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255452 by
THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD.

You're totally cool with this Loudzoo, right?

Right he didn't disagree, let's move people, start taking down the servers...

More
7 years 7 months ago #255455 by Codama
Replied by Codama on topic JEDI communication CRISIS

Wescli Wardest wrote: I proposed a system of Ambassadors in Council a while back, which would have regional control of areas and a personnel structure that could bring unity in such a time if utilization was needed. :ohmy: :laugh:
Perhaps, as time goes on, if such a need is recognized as being pertinent to facilitate we will revisit the idea. ;)

Understood, I'm sure a situation like the one i suggest is considered unlikable. So making preperations or a "Doomsday" scenario would be a low priority.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255461 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic JEDI communication CRISIS

Codama wrote:

Wescli Wardest wrote: I proposed a system of Ambassadors in Council a while back, which would have regional control of areas and a personnel structure that could bring unity in such a time if utilization was needed. :ohmy: :laugh:

Understood, I'm sure a situation like the one i suggest is considered unlikable. So making preperations or a "Doomsday" scenario would be a low priority.

Being prepared (for example having addresses) is never a bad idea, I personally like Wes's idea. Certainly not a top priority, but definitely something that deserves more thought imo...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Codama

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255471 by
This is when the meditation communication trick from the Ninja Turtles movie would really come in handy. :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi