This Gave Me Hope

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245025 by
This Gave Me Hope was created by
I would like to start a thread similar to the grateful thread and the self-forgiveness thread. A thread where we can all share things that gave us hope today. In the face of a cruel and unfair world filled with bad people there is still always hope, you just have to open yourself up to it.

So open yourself up and let that hope spill out to others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245026 by
Replied by on topic This Gave Me Hope
I'll start.

Yesterday my bank got an alert about a deposit in our ATMs that was suspicious. We looked at the account history and it was suspicious to some but I thought it looked innocent enough. One of our people remembered talking to that customer and said "Not to sound racist, but she was a young black girl." To which I responded "There's no way to say that and NOT be racist. It's racist."

Well this morning we opened up the ATM and checked the deposit and it was 100% legitimate, just as I had hoped. In the face of all the crap going on and the fact that we see a LOT of ATM fraud here it gave me hope for the future knowing that this girl was not doing anything wrong and that my co-workers suspicions (and prejudices) were completely unfounded. Goodness won the day.

It's a little victory, but for a local bank it's rather symbolic. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245027 by
At the risk of sounding trite or cutesie (sincerely not my intent), the fact that this thread has been created gives me hope. Thanks, Goken. MTFBWY always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245028 by
"Keep loving each other, keep respecting each other, and keep on dancing."

https://www.facebook.com/FallonTonight/videos/10154292540968896/

More
7 years 10 months ago #245043 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic This Gave Me Hope
"Love is love is love is love is love"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FnAvhvZXdo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245045 by
This ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhLriN3nBdE

More
7 years 10 months ago #245047 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic This Gave Me Hope
I posted this in a couple of other orders around the community that does not have a traffic. This is the perfect place to post it though. :) Thank you Goken ^^

Thought I'd give you something inspiring. The Jedi Path is one that calls you to action to do things for others. That's at the heart of what we are suppose to be doing. Yesterday, this was posted by a member of the Facebook Page "Jedi Church (the Original)" The second one was posted earlier this evening.

Jason Dickey

My heart is torn into pieces. I have spent the entire day in Orlando, helping people however I can. When I heard about the shooting this morning, I immediately drove to Orlando to help out. I arrived there at 6:00 am and just got back home, it's 12:40 am.
I live 45 minutes away from the bar, and last night, I woke up crying and in pain. The force worked through me, letting me know there were people that needed help. I spent many hours helping people to the hospital (the ones that ambulances would not take due to other injuries being more severe) I donated blood, and helped set up blood donation places. When family members of people who were injured started showing up because they hadn't heard from their loved ones, I took paper and wrote down family names and people they were looking for to give to paramedics and police to try and help put family with victims. I went and bought food and water for people that had been sitting around for hours upon hours shaking and afraid. I did everything I could do, and it wasn't enough. Please keep my community in your thought
‪#‎orlandolove‬.
I know this kind of post is not common here, but I needed to vent. I did everything I could and yet I feel as if I did nothing. In the end, all I will ever feel in my heart is 50 dead/53 injured, and many of them are critical. Guys, I have spent hours crying. I have never felt or witnessed so much pain on such a grand scale. I'm really not sure how to wind down at this point. Meditate, I must.
Thanks for the rant,

Today was another long day, some co-workers and I went and bought food for people who are at the hotel across the street from the bar. While tensions are still high, there was a lot of people there spreading the message of love. Radio stations, food pantries, people still willing to give blood, people showing up with candles to light at dark, and the survivors of the attack are here, unified for everyone to see, to show that the dark side will not prevail. I still cry tears of sadness, but today, I cried a few tears of joy as our message is strong, we will not let the darkness consume us, the force will light our path.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245284 by
I'm a little sad that I just found this story, but it gave me hope.

Hero takes down school shooter

Warning: Spoiler!

Tl:dr School shooter in Seattle kills one. Another student pepper sprays him and takes him down. No further fatalities.

This gives me hope because it shows that there are people out there willing to fight. Willing to stand up and protect themselves and others rather than cower and then point their fingers after the fact. If more people were like Meis maybe there'd be fewer shootings, or at least fewer casualties.

I just wish mainstream news covered this type of thing more than the ones with higher death tolls.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245376 by
This story about a 13 year old boy in England helping to fee the homeless population in his area has given me hope.

Full story here

Now if only we could help make them not homeless and able to get their own food.

I would also like to thank Edan who provided the link to the website's section devoted to solely happy news. It was much appreciated and very needed.

More
7 years 10 months ago #245377 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic This Gave Me Hope

Goken wrote: I'm a little sad that I just found this story, but it gave me hope.

Hero takes down school shooter

Tl:dr School shooter in Seattle kills one. Another student pepper sprays him and takes him down. No further fatalities.

This gives me hope because it shows that there are people out there willing to fight. Willing to stand up and protect themselves and others rather than cower and then point their fingers after the fact. If more people were like Meis maybe there'd be fewer shootings, or at least fewer casualties.

I just wish mainstream news covered this type of thing more than the ones with higher death tolls.

During Mar time Law Enforcing training with the US Coast Guard they introduced us to these small things called...non lethals. I don't care how big and bad you think you are those things WILL take u down. I'm 6 1 at the time 230 #s yea I thought well I ll be the bad ass...nope..no one withstands a shot of non lethals whether cork dots paint ball filled peperspray or good old fashioned bean bags. There ARE alternatives. I've seen em!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Cyan Sarden

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi