This Gave Me Hope

More
7 years 10 months ago #245379 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic This Gave Me Hope
Hmm mm non lethal force sold to the public? Would that work?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245634 by
Replied by on topic This Gave Me Hope
I really enjoyed this story this morning about a Festival in Moline, Illinois for refugee's who moved into the area. One of the primary goals of the festival was to introduce them to local law enforcement so that they had positive interactions with them. Most of the refugee's come from countries where law enforcement is corrupt and a tool of oppression.

Warning: Spoiler!

This gives me hope. Not only are their people out there helping refugees, but local law enforcement taking time to just interact with the community in a positive way. It's great to see all of it.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245689 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic This Gave Me Hope
you may have seen it already, ive posted it before, but this is my go-to video when i need to remember that people dont always suck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYrIi_Mt8A

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245693 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic This Gave Me Hope
dude in wheelchair was especially awesome. i wasnt going to post two vids in a row but that scene impressed me and i wanted to share while i remember

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7STf81P5lYE

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245702 by
That my mother was well enough to have lunch with me and my daughter , it was very lovely and precious :)

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245903 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic This Gave Me Hope
I'm so happy and grateful that Canada is owning up to its actions and created a "Heritage Minute" about Residential Schools and their affect on the First Nations community...

For those not in the Canadian Loop, "Heritage Minutes" have been active since the 90s as one-minute spotlights on important events in Canadian History. Traditionally, they have been inspiring, showing Canada's cultural developments and contributions to the world.

A brand new one, released yesterday, aired what could be called "dirty laundry" - a major skeleton in our national closet: the residential school system. But it's mostly been swept under the rug, and native communities are still feeling the effects and suffering from it...

It gives me hope that we're taking steps to recognize this horrific part of our history, and I hope that it means we will be doing more to help soothe that pain and move forward in reconciliation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_tcCpKtoU0
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Leah Starspectre.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245913 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYifUxnoov8

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245950 by
^Awwww. That does do a bit of faith-in-humanity-restoring.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #246180 by
This story about a 3 year old kid in Michigan who, while dressed up as Iron Man, wanted to help firefighters fight a fire gave me hope. Not only did this kid decide to help, he did it while dressed as Iron Man. The costume may not be part of what gave me hope, but it did help make him cooler. :laugh:

Story here.

"For a three year old to identify himself as a superhero and relate it to us is very humbling and very touching." Said one of the firefighters.

It's pretty cool.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #247356 by
A little girl in Eastern Iowa raises money for her local animal shelter. She has asked for all of her birthday presents to be donations to the shelter or gifts she can give to them for the last three years and now she opened a lemonade stand and has already raised $2000 for them.

Literally almost brought me to tears in my office at work, which would have been embarrassing. :laugh: :blush:

The fundraiser started Jovee was 3. Jovee wanted her family to give all of their money to the shelter. Her mother, Erin Blakely, had another idea.

"I said, 'You could give the animal shelter your birthday gifts,' and she said, 'OK,' and that's how it started," Blakely said.

Jovee has asked for gifts or donations for the animal shelter instead of anything for herself for her last three birthdays.

Last year Jovee decided to start the lemonade stand in an effort to raise even more money for the shelter.

Her efforts resulted in a $2,000 check for the animal shelter.

"She just has a heart of gold," Rose McConathy of the Clarke County Animal Shelter said. "To be that unselfish, you just don’t find that a lot. I giver her all the credit. She is going to grow up to be a wonderful human being."

full article here

How can that not give you hope?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135