Europe under attack again

More
8 years 1 month ago #235048 by Cyan Sarden
My thoughts are with the people in Brussels. When will this madness finally end?

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235049 by
Replied by on topic Europe under attack again
I know , 2 explosions in airport and at least 2 explosions in Metro stations :(

More
8 years 1 month ago #235050 by Cyan Sarden

MartaLina wrote: I know , 2 explosions in airport and at least 2 explosions in Metro stations :(

What are we doing wrong ?

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235051 by
Replied by on topic Re:RE: Europe under attack again

Cyan Sarden wrote:

MartaLina wrote: I know , 2 explosions in airport and at least 2 explosions in Metro stations :(

Good question, but its not like we were not warned this was going to happen , esp after the attacks in Paris , they arrested one of the terrorists and it seems this is revenge. Is there really anything we can do against this kind of hate ?

More
8 years 1 month ago #235054 by Cyan Sarden

MartaLina wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Good question, but its not like we were not warned this was going to happen , esp after the attacks in Paris , they arrested one of the terrorists and it seems this is revenge. Is there really anything we can do against this kind of hate ?

Tackling terrorism always seems to be done through fighting symptoms rather than trying to fix the root causes. What makes someone born and raised in Belgium turn into a terrorist and blow himself up? We're obviously not offering these young people enough incentives and opportunity to lead a productive life in our society

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #235055 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Europe under attack again
I believe that it was 23 confirmed deaths now. not sure though
My thoughts are with the citizens of Brussels, and also with the people around the world who experience this daily.

Where has humanity come to..

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Yugen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235056 by

Cyan Sarden wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Tackling terrorism always seems to be done through fighting symptoms rather than trying to fix the root causes. What makes someone born and raised in Belgium turn into a terrorist and blow himself up? We're obviously not offering these young people enough incentives and opportunity to lead a productive life in our society

I dont know what its like in Belgium , but here a lot of these young people choose another path, its their responsibilty as well as ours meaning that the choice of violence can not alone lie with what we have to offer . The really sad thing is that people pull eachother down with these actions and it reflects terrible on young people who dont want violence but suffer now from the racist backlash of these actions. I notice this with my students who are today deeply saddened but also , very scared , they are refugees and feel caught in the middle , i reassured them , we have the same enemy ..hate

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235057 by
Replied by on topic Europe under attack again

Cyan Sarden wrote: When will this madness finally end?

When the governments stop worrying about political correctness and start controlling their borders, taking the time to thoroughly vet refugees and migrants before letting them in and then keep a close eye on them when they're in.

I realize that waves of a 100,000+ people are hard to control and vet and they find their ways in anyways but then they need to step up and start going after these people but unfortunately that gives rise to a police state.

Governments shouldn't be worrying about handing out this and that, suppressing their own culture in order to not a offend a different culture coming in because the incoming culture should be grateful they are getting any help whatsoever coming from the conditions they're used to and if they want to complain about no PS3 and their host's values, commit crimes, bring their terrorist baggage with through ignoring and pretending the extreme parts of their culture aren't there, they should just be forced back to their part of the world to clean up their own mess.

The sick, elderly, woman and children should be helped, but in the videos you just see tons and tons of young men, that should be back where they come from fixing the problems that forced them to leave. I enjoy all those videos and news about the women fighters in the ME taking care of business, while thousands and thousand of men run and try to take over another place to turn it into the craphole they came from through Sharia law patrols, harrassing women and Christians. It's the same on the other side though because the right wingers will attack refugees and migrants, disrespect and hurt those that are different, when they should've been taking control of the situation before it happens through their government of supposed elected representatives.

It's a huge problem, there's much more to than all this too but it really seems like just another Soros style instigated creation of crisis to lower the standards of living and brew conflict so power and money can change hands while the pawns fight with each other and everybody loses. :silly:

More
8 years 1 month ago #235058 by Cyan Sarden

MartaLina wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

I dont know what its like in Belgium , but here a lot of these young people choose another path, its their responsibilty as well as ours meaning that the choice of violence can not alone lie with what we have to offer . The really sad thing is that people pull eachother down with these actions and it reflects terrible on young people who dont want violence but suffer now from the racist backlash of these actions. I notice this with my students who are today deeply saddened but also , very scared , they are refugees and feel caught in the middle , i reassured them , we have the same enemy ..hate

Young people tend to be idealistic - that's not a bad thing per se of course. But idealsism + a weak character make people easy targets for manipulation. The question is: can an 18-year-old make responsible decision and can he be held accountable for them? According to law: sure. But the reality is often different - many of my students in that age range still behave like children and I find it difficult to hold them responsible for getting manipulated into doing something immensely stupid. There are lots that are full adults at 18 as well, obviously.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235059 by

Cyan Sarden wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Young people tend to be idealistic - that's not a bad thing per se of course. But idealsism + a weak character make people easy targets for manipulation. The question is: can an 18-year-old make responsible decision and can he be held accountable for them? According to law: sure. But the reality is often different - many of my students in that age range still behave like children and I find it difficult to hold them responsible for getting manipulated into doing something immensely stupid. There are lots that are full adults at 18 as well, obviously.

That is correct , i think 27 is a more realistic age if any ;) but i think like that in a lot of areas , even here at the Temple where you can be a Knight at 18 ( lol starting something now haha)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi