Europe under attack again

More
8 years 1 month ago #235061 by Cyan Sarden

Lightstrider wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote: When will this madness finally end?

When the governments stop worrying about political correctness and start controlling their borders, taking the time to thoroughly vet refugees and migrants before letting them in and then keep a close eye on them when they're in.

I essentially agree with that - but many of the perps were born here, some second, some third gen.

That said: if the EU wants to be taken seriously, it's high time for a common defense strategy (e.g. a common army) and a common border control policy (e.g. a common border force). Why is that so difficult?

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #235062 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Europe under attack again
Interesting video about some of the issues with hardline Islam and the West;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIdHDtYNqGc

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #235070 by Cyan Sarden
'Religious beliefs are ultimately incompatible with civilization.' From a Tweet by Sam Harris in response to the attacks this morning. I'd agree with this if it said 'organised religion is ultimately incompatible with modern civilization'. Only a personalization of religion in combination with syncretism seems to work today.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #235071 by
Replied by on topic Re:RE: Europe under attack again

Cyan Sarden wrote: That said: if the EU wants to be taken seriously, it's high time for a common defense strategy (e.g. a common army) and a common border control policy (e.g. a common border force). Why is that so difficult?

This could be the very scenario that does that, whether or not it is intentional as part of somea agenda or not though I think the multiculturism of the EU itself prevents the EU from truly being an EU as in some ways it was/is already collapsing in on itself.

Nothing is perfect, at my home in the US the union of states are being torn apart by it's own multiculturism as we are experiencing new levels of racial tension, class warfare, left wing extremists vs right wing extremists but a lot of this can also be seen as a Soros style instigated crisis (a lot of activist groups tied to his organizations) to keep the people divided and fighting amongst themselves instead of going after the economic/political corruption and no accountability which are the root to all the problems we face.

I know governments and other power structures can't serve everyone's interests because interests are infinite and resources are mostly finite. Obviously there are some groups that could make a huge difference in areas like world hunger but they choose not to, while there are many groups that don't have much and they do a lot of great things to just generally help uplift the species.

I think that maybe around the Western world the people are realizing their national, traditional, personal interests are not being represented by their elected officials and that their governments are serving the interests of big powerful figures, families and corporations with all the wars, deterioration of social services and infrastructure through benevolently subversive means. I know this sound a bit strange but perhaps the powers that be have decided that now that they have used all our tax money to conquer, colonize or negatively stir up through proxy wars, sanctions, meddling in the affairs of others for their own benefit, almost the entire world that now it is time to bring it all home in order to reduce standards of living, cause cultural conflicts that will force everyone to give up their traditions in favor of a new system.

If that's not true whatsoever then perhaps I think what is happening is just people clinging to their own traditions or in a sense their egos, which creates all the dissonance throughout the human societal system on all levels. Some folks want to establish their own global <insert religious/political utopia title here>, then this group thinks that group is out to destroy all religions and establish a totalitarian system of oppression and dehumanization, or that group thinks this group wants to just force everyone to worship this god and follow these rules. Or simply this group wants to live like that, that group wants to live like this, and these groups just can't stand it.

The lack of tolerance is at the heart of most of these violent issues. While I know a lot about the ideas of the 'elite' humans that want to essentially rid the world of nations with a global government, perhaps even a global religion, no money, nobody will be born without a job to do, Orwell and Huxley type stuff, there should be a point in time where people realize we are all one race and this entire planet is our home.

We don't have to give up traditions, I like traditions and different cultures, like each religion they tell the stories of a people from where and who they came from. I've crossed through a variety of types being raised in the midwest and Christian, to moving to the Pacific northwest where there's a lot of Eastern style religious people, Burning Man is one hell of an experience with many traditions and cultures most people could never think of, Russia and Georgia with orthodox Christians and the Caucasus where my girlfriend is from with mostly those of the Islamic faith. Most people I encounter are generally good people, of course we're all human and we have our schemes, tricks, bad habits. Some people are very conservative and will physically attack family members for not going along to traditions, others are very liberal and let them live with a foreigner unmarried. ;) :P

Oh the wonders and mysteries of humans, perhaps this is just how things should be and through all of the violence and conflict we as a species learn and grow?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235112 by
Replied by on topic Europe under attack again
It is a sad and frightening day for many today, and it may soon turn into a very angry one for some as well. I watched a terrorist attack unfold on my doorstep just 3 months ago and I can identify with these feelings. It is easy to fall victim to a knee-jerk reaction, but as a Jedi I remember that I am meant to be an instrument of peace. We must not rush to ill-informed action.

Despite the carnage inflicted by misguided and violent people, we have grown closer as a community here in San Bernardino. Rather than lash out at others or recoil in fear, we have learned to communicate better. The surrounding cities have pledged support and there is an air of cooperation. Terrorists do not win when their cowardly acts inspire the best from the rest of us.

On a personal level, I know my neighbors now. I say 'good morning' to police officers rather than avoid them. I look to lift people up who need help instead of ignoring them. I am no longer afraid. I am motivated.

Emotion, yet Peace
Ignorance, yet Knowledge
Passion, yet Serenity
Chaos, yet Harmony
Death, yet The Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235148 by
I'm having a hard time grasping how someone or group can hate so much that they resort to killing large groups of innocent people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235151 by

Senan wrote: It is a sad and frightening day for many today, and it may soon turn into a very angry one for some as well. I watched a terrorist attack unfold on my doorstep just 3 months ago and I can identify with these feelings. It is easy to fall victim to a knee-jerk reaction, but as a Jedi I remember that I am meant to be an instrument of peace. We must not rush to ill-informed action.

Despite the carnage inflicted by misguided and violent people, we have grown closer as a community here in San Bernardino. Rather than lash out at others or recoil in fear, we have learned to communicate better. The surrounding cities have pledged support and there is an air of cooperation. Terrorists do not win when their cowardly acts inspire the best from the rest of us.

On a personal level, I know my neighbors now. I say 'good morning' to police officers rather than avoid them. I look to lift people up who need help instead of ignoring them. I am no longer afraid. I am motivated.

Emotion, yet Peace
Ignorance, yet Knowledge
Passion, yet Serenity
Chaos, yet Harmony
Death, yet The Force

This is what i told my students , this should get us closer together, they are in pain because yet again these crimes are commited in the name of Islam 6 of my 8 students are muslim . We are taking some time of now , i will see them next week again , they need to give this a place , the shock is big , its only 1,5 hours away from here and they as we dont feel that safe anymore , but we assure them that that is not our way...we stick together now even more than ever ! And as a Jedi i fully agree with what you are saying Senan.. motivation in stead of fear ! Good one ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #235152 by

Rickie wrote: I'm having a hard time grasping how someone or group can hate so much that they resort to killing large groups of innocent people.

They have been severely mislead and brainwashed , not saying that they are not responsible cause they are ...but stlll
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #235157 by
It's still unfathomable hate. Sadly

More
8 years 1 month ago #235159 by Carlos.Martinez3
It is sad that we think we did something wrong or think what did I do? This is a choice those who have made to forward their cause. War in my opinion should always be a last resort. seems like the only one some have come out with but that's neither here nor there. My heart goes out to those who have been effected by the hate that is out there. I hear things like this and it makes me think of shakespher when he says and some one can fix my quote

rom "out of HER favor where I am IN love.
ben " Alas that love, so gentle in view
Should be so tyrannous and rough in proof!
rom "Alas, THAT love, so gentle in his view,
Should without eyes see pathways to his will!
rom
What fray was here?
Yet tell me not , for I have heard it all.
Here's much to do with hate, but more with love.
Why then ,O brawling love! O loving hate!
O anything, of nothing first create!
O heavy lightness! Serious VANITY!
Misshapen CHAOS of well seeming forms!
Feather of lead, bright smoke, cold fire, sick health!
Still-walking sleep, that is not what it is!
This love feel I, that feel no love in this.
Dost thou not laugh?
ben No, Coz, ide rather weep.
rom "Why, such is love's transgression.

act 1 sc 1 174 - 191

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, , Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi