Where Have All The Jedi Gone?

More
8 years 2 months ago #232663 by Locksley
http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/where-have-all-the-jedi-gone?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1457553396

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #232665 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Where Have All The Jedi Gone?
I'm sort of confused about the purpose of that article... it didn't actually answer it's own question.

And as always, it mistook census numbers for actual people who feel they are a Jedi :dry:

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 2 months ago #232670 by steamboat28

Edan wrote: And as always, it mistook census numbers for actual people who feel they are a Jedi :dry:

To be fair, census numbers are one of the only ways to get even semi-accurate headcounts of religious adherence.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232672 by
Replied by on topic Where Have All The Jedi Gone?
Also, lets not forget that Jediism did have a certain flavor to it for people interested in drastic change. However lacking a decent community with structure, many Jedi will wander. Some of us are dedicated and hold to the ideals, but lets not kid ourselves... there are Christian and other faithful adherents to other religions also claiming to be Jedi(which isn't wrong). When the Jedi community they are in has issues or is too small or non-involving, they drift and just see no point in classifying themselves as Jedi and just go to their default faith.

More
8 years 2 months ago #232673 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Where Have All The Jedi Gone?
Speaking of statistics, I wonder how many real Jedi voted as Jedi in 2001 :blink:
I don't remember.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232676 by

Adder wrote: Speaking of statistics, I wonder how many real Jedi voted as Jedi in 2001 :blink:
I don't remember.

Not many....Most were just jokers.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #232678 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Where Have All The Jedi Gone?

Trisskar wrote:

Adder wrote: Speaking of statistics, I wonder how many real Jedi voted as Jedi in 2001 :blink:
I don't remember.

:pinch: I know. I worded my sentence quite badly. What I get for not having coffee yet this morning...

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #232679 by

Adder wrote:

Trisskar wrote:

I don't remember.

:pinch: I know. I worded my sentence quite badly. What I get for not having coffee yet this morning...

I sooooo know the feeling XD

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi