TOTJO Circle... Lets get this decided...

More
10 years 2 months ago #137809 by steamboat28

Akkarin wrote: Rank bars:
http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/40-information/698-rank-bars

Also just because something isn't written in documentation doesn't mean it isn't official. There are still quite a few 'unwritten rules' around TotJO and the FaQ still contains numerous errors in places (the Simple Oath article was the first of more changes I'll make to it).

That doesn't make it more or less official. It's just a guideline to the pictures that pop up under our names. And in a purely online community, it's doubly important that "unwritten rules" are written down, because we're a global organization, and not everybody has the same base viewpoint coming into the Temple.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #137810 by 666
@ Akkarin, I know, some council members already told me that, and I do accept that as our logo, but for some reason, here is a now post about it, and the website, still have a wrong logo, (also in some other places... facebook, bla.. bla... bla...)
time to encourage the use of the real logo? maybe?, at lease in public places?

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137811 by steamboat28

666 wrote: @ Akkarin, I know, some council members already told me that, and I do accept that as our logo, but for some reason, here is a now post about it, and the website, still have a wrong logo, (also in some other places... facebook, bla.. bla... bla...)
time to encourage the use of the real logo? maybe?, at lease in public places?

It's not wro..there is no rea...do you people understand how branding works, or should I just give the **** up and let you destroy the aesthetics of this gorgeous logo in peace?

edit - I apologize for the hostility in that post, but I don't understand why we don't take a moment to ask those of us that have had to deal with branding issues and graphic design and logo recognizability and heraldic function and contrast and negative space and ART and things what their opinion is, instead of all just harrumphing about "the way it ought to be"
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by steamboat28.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 2 months ago #137812 by Jestor
lol, wow....

Hi steamboat...

We having fun?

Lol, OK, yes, we did agree thatbthe circle was officially a part...

I guess, my question is more "where is it officially needed?"

I also think 666's point was it doesn't change mid-campaign....

Yes, it changes, but, they do not officially use more than two versions at a time...

And even then, only in the transition form one to the other...

Rank bars, are official, page header, official....

Ecards sent out from TOTJO, official....

Ecards not sent out from TOTJO, such as posted by a member, unofficial...

Hows that?

Which means for the ecards, either mbets need to post them and tag TOTJO on Facebook/g+, or we need them with the official emblem too, to be posted officially...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCSH

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137813 by
Just to continue/adapt Steamboat's point...

Warning: Spoiler!

...all of which are recognisably the same symbol, displayed in different ways. I appreciate the need to be clearer with the "official" usage, but I would say either the "star" or the "circle" are similarly identifiable... in some situations, one or the other looks better. Why limit ourselves?

As to colours, I agree they should be uniform if we're talking about stuff like rank bars, because otherwise it just looks a little messy, but beyond that also see no reason to restrict them further.

Just my 2c.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

More
10 years 2 months ago #137815 by steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137816 by

Jestor wrote: Ecards sent out from TOTJO, official....

Ecards not sent out from TOTJO, such as posted by a member, unofficial...

Hows that?

Which means for the ecards, either mbets need to post them and tag TOTJO on Facebook/g+, or we need them with the official emblem too, to be posted officially...

Not wishing to undermine... but:

To be honest I had considered the E-cards as 'art' and the ones that 'blend' the symbol into the picture itself I thought looked really good. I don't really view them as 'official' in the same way that our rank bars or front page symbols are 'official'. The e-cards in my view clearly come under the umbrella of art.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

More
10 years 2 months ago #137819 by Zenchi
In reference to Veshu's badges, lets be real, their perfect, as close as it gets anyways. Lets stop nit picking people...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor

More
10 years 2 months ago #137821 by 666
so the new question is...

when or where we can use the real logo, and where we can use a work of art?

IMO, if you are representing totjo, you must use the real logo, ecards, must have the real logo, the website, documentation, business cards must have the real logo. every representation of totjo must be done with the real logo

an image I create inspired in the logo, I can post it anywhere, as a work of art, but is not representation of totjo, or is just for my use, or to show to the users here, not intended to be used as Public image.

a public image representing totjo, must have the real logo.

=====
this is my opnion, not representing anybody else than me
@steamboat28, like it or not, (like me) the logo exist, there was no contest to create a new logo, or there was no debate to improve it, change or modernize the logo, so we must use what is already there, if one day, totjo made a contest for a new logo, new design, update or whatever, we all can have ideas.... but till that day come.
the logo is there, it already exist, and nobody ask yet (officially) to be changed replaced, updated, or whatever.

anyway, we are all free to show up, new designs, new logos, new ideas... who knows, maybe you can create one, and everybody love it. and totjo swap logos.
again imo

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #137825 by
Creating art that uses the logo is still a representation of the Temple regardless of where the material is used so unless we say only ever ever use that logo and never anything else (which I think i utterly silly) then it just comes down to official usage and unofficial usage.

The e-cards are created by other members and we decide to post them to our facebook page. Perhaps if we include say "Created by member......" [picture] that would get around it and give an indication that there are actually people contributing elsewhere.

Saying someone else created it would not be official representation but the Temple appreciating their artistic talent.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi