Taekwondo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3118 by
Replied by on topic Re:Taekwondo
I practice TaeKwonDo! I love it so much especially free-sparring. Fighting opponents can really challenge you. However, i must admit it does have faults. TKD practices kicks...alot of them... but some of them are quite useless like the spindle kick, for example. It comes with an advertisement...But, no matter what TKD is a really good martial art

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3133 by
i as well studied TKD under Grand Master Young Chul Rho. i achieved Brown First Degree. i was already experienced a little in Martial Arts, as i taught myself the art of the Black Dragon, and then was instructed by Master Nugyen Lee, an authentic Shao-Lin Priest. after i went to Los Angeles and spent may years there, i came here to Tucson, AZ. and began learning the art of KaJuKenBo. it was started in Hawaii and has many influences from many Arts. what i found very interesting is that after i became somewhat proficient at this Art, when ever i sparred with someone who only knew TKD, it seemed almost forigen to me to watch them jumping and spinning and all that. when i was learning TKD, i found i really liked the tornado kick, and would even do doubles and tripples in sparring and in matches/contests. in fact i was called the \"white tornado\" becasue of it. i would land the final jumping spinning heel on top of the opponants head and almost always get a knockout. after learning KaJuKenBo, these types of kicks were easily deflected and even taken advantage of while they were recovering from the deflection. KaJuKenBo is a mixture of Karate, Ju-Jitsu, Kempo Karate, and Chineese Boxing (Kung-Fu). it involves extensive knife arts both using and disarming. most of the Katas were very involved and usually incorporated \"death blow\" type of moves. the art was specifically designed to incapacitate the assailent in 1 to 3 moves, and usually if it took 3 moves, you had made a mistake lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3145 by
I would like to take the oppurtunity to introduce a form of exercise....no, more aptly named willing torture, lol, that I have recently come across called Combat Conditioning. Now, being military, I exercise regularly to keep myself in as good a shape as I possibly can, the man that started this Combat Conditioning, which I started today, has proven me so very wrong, and I welcomed the wake up call. His name, is Matt Furey, and the exercises are not difficult SOUNDING, in practice, I couldn't have done anymore of the exercises had I tried. His site, if anyone is interested, is www.mattfurey.com. There is useful information on there for anyone interested, and you can find more about these exercises by googling Combat Conditioning. Just thought I would put this out there, because, these exercises definitely take a Jedi mindset to work through them without quitting, but, you will definitely enjoy them if you are serious about getting in shape. In the words of Matt Furey, \"There's only one weight you should ever workout with.\" That weight is the weight that you carry with you 24/7. Good luck to all who are willing to give this a shot!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3239 by
What exactly does matt furey teach? Can you please elaborate more about Combat Conditioning?
May the force be with you

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7984 by
What if we create a Martial art for the Jedi. A special martial art that was practice only by us, the Jedi. We could get the best from many martial arts and join them, create one style that would balance every other. We have, has I see, some good \"fighters\" that could really get this going

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #7995 by
TKD is widely taught in Korea most definitely. There is a school right across from me. They teach children at an early age here. An impressive form of martial arts. Its highly encouraged. MTFBWY.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8000 by
Jose, though I like your enthusiasm, I don't believe it would be practical. Just going the mixed martial arts route is better than trying to \"re-create the wheel.\" It would kind of be like our philosophies, take the good from all and use them as one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8006 by
The military teaches hand to hand combat compromised of several different styles. These techniques were developed over years of research and field studies. Of course, this is combat specific, both lethal and non-lethal.
Maybe a technique for use with the light saber. If I'm not mistaken they are seven combat saber techniques. Perhaps these could be used as part of the discipline. I think this would be like keeping with tradition.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10341 by
TKD is my style as well. I have been in it for 10 + years. I received my 3rd dan Black belt and teach the kids intermedeate class at my school (Dojang). TKD is a great art and after a hard work out is when I feel most at peace!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10342 by
There's the style that Bruce Lee created. It borrows from most others and teaches to remain fluid so as not to become stuck in a pattern. I've seen it applied to cutlass fencing to great effect. Might want to look at that also.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi