Taekwondo

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2194 by
Taekwondo was created by
this martail art gets a bad rap for no reason....

Taekwondo originated in Korea during it's occupation by Japan. It's is known for it's amazing kicks and lightening speed accuracy. It is my personal art, and it's what drew me closer to jediism.

TKD is beatiful.it's powerful, dangerous and fast. Laugh if you must at us, but never fight us unless you feel prepared. Many claim it is a point sport, not ment for killing. This is true of it's commercial side. But i study TKD at it's roots, the original, untamed rough beatiful art. As i train to rank higher and higher, i draw closer to harmony with nature and with the force. Perfecting my technique and capturing the beauty that is Taekwondo, my mind, my body and my spirit become one...they become balanced. This is what we strive for in TKD, perfect harmony of mind body and soul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2195 by
Replied by on topic Re:Taekwondo
I used to take TKD, its pretty cool. Not as flamboyant as some martial arts, but could definately be usefull, especially in self defense. Some of the forms, are quite beautifull, but I haven't seen a lot of forms from other martial arts to compare them to. I say if it helps you on your path, and you find enjoyment in it, don't worry about what others might think, do it anyways.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2196 by
ahhhhhh, TKD. This is my martial art of choice. I have a great many documents regarding its history and development as wel as its practice and techniques. Will begin posting them for everyones enjoyment. thank you for this topic Perris and MTFBWYA

More
16 years 11 months ago #2201 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Taekwondo
TKD is a wonderful Style, I always admired the people who practiced it, expecally when I met them on the mat, extreamly hard to defeat those kicks...been on the wrong end at many a compitition. lol
Wish I could covert but I'm afraid that at my age and my body style (buddha) it just wouldn't work. If I was starting over TKD would the way to go.

Lenny O.C.P.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2207 by
nonsense Lenny! anyone of all ages can begin TKD. I've seen MANY people like you and older do very well in this art.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2229 by
I was fortunate enough to have a Korean Grand Master as my instructor when I first started TKD. He was very formal in everything he did. All commands and counts were kept in Korea and was actually one of your first lessons. We were only allowed to wear the traditional \"gi\" as well, none of those high speed \"V\" neck uniforms they have out. As for an art, I love it. As for a sport, I loved it. Lenny, Perris is right, you are far from too anything to start TKD.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2234 by
what was his name?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2236 by
and so people don't get TKD confused...

our gi is called a Dobak
Dojo is Dojang
master is Quanjanim
so if those terms ever apear...you now know what they are referring to! lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3008 by
All right, you all talked me into it. I am going to get back into Tae Kwon Do, at least while I'm down here on the border. There is a new place that opened up just down the street from the hotel. I am going there today after work. Watch out at the next tournament Perris, Cobra Kai!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3032 by
Perris, his name is Grand Master Young Seon So. Not sure is I spelled the \"So\" part correctly.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi