Is being overweight and being a Jedi a good thing?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294162 by JamesSand

Perhaps you should work on your comprehension skills. Sorry i can not write it in crayon for you. Perhaps next time.

Oh I comprehended it fine, you're a great big success story and everyone else is pathetic.

I'm actually a big fan of crayons as a medium (and chalk. You should see my driveway) but, for what it's worth, they're actually a lot harder to read than a nice 2B pencil.

Anyway, allow me to be the second (after you) to congratulate you on your dedication to physical fitness, it is an admirable feat in its own right.

I hope you use it to conduct further, more admirable feats ;)

It's okay, I'm aware I'm an ignorant tool, but I guess it can't hurt if you want to confirm the notion with your expert advice :P

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294164 by

JamesSand wrote:

Perhaps you should work on your comprehension skills. Sorry i can not write it in crayon for you. Perhaps next time.

Oh I comprehended it fine, you're a great big success story and everyone else is pathetic.

I'm actually a big fan of crayons as a medium (and chalk. You should see my driveway) but, for what it's worth, they're actually a lot harder to read than a nice 2B pencil.

Anyway, allow me to be the second (after you) to congratulate you on your dedication to physical fitness, it is an admirable feat in its own right.

I hope you use it to conduct further, more admirable feats ;)

It's okay, I'm aware I'm an ignorant tool, but I guess it can't hurt if you want to confirm the notion with your expert advice :P

Warning: Spoiler!

Yes indeed. I support fitness as part of the Jedi Realist path. I can support this through the movies as well as legends. I guess he hero's journey of me making time to hit the gym, taekwondo classes and kickboxing practice. True this does mean I do not get as much time to sit on my butt and watch TV and what not.

Yes also it is important to understand that I am part of offline groups that do take a interest in fitness standards as many talk about. I know that TOTJO does not care much for physical fitness in practice, but it is mentioned in the teaching lessons. Kinda like hey jedi should be fit, but do not worry about actually taking time from your day to actually focus on that.

Also I will admit I do enjoy the gym for discussing Jedi Realism as my Jedi Realist Radio Tshirts, Jedi Templar Tshirts and American Jedi Tshirt does attract attention. I am also lazy and listen to audio books while I am working out so it gives me a chance to kill 2 birds with one stone. While working Taekwondo poomse I get to work on moving meditation as well.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #294167 by JamesSand

Also I will admit I do enjoy the gym for discussing Jedi Realism as my Jedi Realist Radio Tshirts, Jedi Templar Tshirts and American Jedi Tshirt does attract attention. I am also lazy and listen to audio books while I am working out so it gives me a chance to kill 2 birds with one stone. While working Taekwondo poomse I get to work on moving meditation as well.

This is getting off topic, but you've hit a pet peeve of mine.

I am an "in and out" man at the gym - I don't want to talk about the weather, work, your kids, politics, religion, or even diet and bro science - I'm there to do my thing and get out.

(Since you bring it up, I wear billabong shorts and a mambo shirt to the gym. The only conversation I remember them generating was with another guy in the change room saying "hey nice, don't see mambo much anymore, remember when it was cool in school?")

anyway, since we don't go to the same gym (or we go at different times ;) ) I guess it won't be an issue :P

(This rant has nothing to do with Jediism, it's strictly about gym etiquette. As I said, random pet peeve)

Now back to our regular programming - : I do appreciate you spending some of your valuable time to come by and share with us your path, I am sure I am not the only one encouraged and inspired by your passion.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by JamesSand.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294185 by
I don't think being an overweight Jedi is a good thing. Nor do I think it's a bad thing. It's just a thing. We don't know other people's situations.

Maybe that 300 pound Jedi used to be 500 pounds. Maybe she has an invisible illness that prevents work outs. Maybe he is struggling to overcome a psychological block about exercise, or "restricted" eating. Perhaps she had a major surgery a year ago and is recovering. Or maybe he just has other priorities going on, like child care or getting to rest after long hours. Or any number of things that it's not another's place to judge.

I say, acknowledge the importance of physical health but, as with all the other Jedi teachings, it has to be left to the individual to implement it according to their own capabilities and personal beliefs in any given moment.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294214 by

JamesSand wrote:

This is getting off topic, but you've hit a pet peeve of mine.

I am an "in and out" man at the gym - I don't want to talk about the weather, work, your kids, politics, religion, or even diet and bro science - I'm there to do my thing and get out.

(Since you bring it up, I wear billabong shorts and a mambo shirt to the gym. The only conversation I remember them generating was with another guy in the change room saying "hey nice, don't see mambo much anymore, remember when it was cool in school?")

anyway, since we don't go to the same gym (or we go at different times ;) ) I guess it won't be an issue :P

(This rant has nothing to do with Jediism, it's strictly about gym etiquette. As I said, random pet peeve)

Now back to our regular programming - : I do appreciate you spending some of your valuable time to come by and share with us your path, I am sure I am not the only one encouraged and inspired by your passion.

Fair enough. But with the podcast, group and future documentary I am a walking Jedi billboard. I do find it odd when people try striking up conversations in the lockerrooms that is the only area i am not chattty. I prefer to get in and out of the locker room as fast as possible.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294217 by
I'm also very efficient at the gym. I don't talk and focus on what I'm doing. Though I do count and stretch through my rest period, if I have a rest period that day. I don't have much idle time for chat to develop. I typically workout in my Jedi tank and gym shorts.

More
6 years 8 months ago #294229 by Alexandre Orion
I must not be very efficient then, because I talk to people all the time at the gym. First of all, I like the people who go there. Sometimes it is helping someone who is just getting started or needs a little boost of motivation. Other times, it is making sure that the youngsters don't injure themselves in their enthusiasm to be 'the Hulk'. Then again, much of the chatter is just friendly banter...

All things considered, I'm in shape and pretty strong, so it isn't clear just how much talking to people actually impacts the efficiency. :)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #294230 by
The efficiency I spoke of was in reference to time. I thought I was clear on that. My apologies.

More
6 years 8 months ago #294238 by rugadd
All I can say on this topic is that I am sharper, more energetic, and focused when I am hungry.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

More
6 years 8 months ago #294261 by Eleven
All good and certainly motivating for for sure. Just got done with the gym feeling pretty good actually.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi