Gender Preference

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252671 by
Replied by on topic Gender Preference
1) There is a perspective from which all people are inherently bisexual. Personally, I heard it in not quite serious contexts.

2) There is also a perspective from which being lesbian/gay is biologically determined, which, AFAIK, has much science behind it. As far as I understood from that scientific brief, it's less of a blond/brunette and more like standard/albino probability pattern. The milder version is not "determination", but "bias" model.

3) There is also a perspective that homosexuality is a social and cultural meme, rather then genetic determinant.

Personally, I hold a combo of 2nd and 3rd to be true. Personally, I think that if a person chooses to be gay/lesbian out of deep psychological preference it's very brave of him/her. Otherwise it's foolish and there is nothing to encourage. The totality of phenomena of LGBT movement is critically tied with postindustrial society, AFAIK. And this is the same PI society in which spiritual life is quite absent and morals degrade. So, my personal view is that, other then strong genetic precursors, homosexualism is psychological weakness and a sign of society's degeneracy. I think that a small percentage of LGBT people is ok and it correlates with genetic variation of population, but as a massive trend it's very unhealthy.

I know, I won't be popular and perhaps, will be attacked personally. Fine B)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252672 by
I think the question for me is no longer , do i prefer man or woman , but , do i love this person enough to be with him/her even when that means sex , smelly socks , faul temper in the morning and everything else utterly romantic ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252673 by

I think that a small percentage of LGBT people is ok and it correlates with genetic variation of population, but as a massive trend it's very unhealthy.

I know, I won't be popular and perhaps, will be attacked personally. Fine

Meh dont like personal attacks but i might call you " Our little Putin" from now on :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252675 by

MartaLina wrote: Meh dont like personal attacks but i might call you " Our little Putin" from now on :P

If Putin was a success in economy and politics and held milder positions on the deviations of modern culture, I'd be flattered. B)

I think the question for me is no longer , do i prefer man or woman , but , do i love this person enough to be with him/her even when that means sex , smelly socks , faul temper in the morning and everything else utterly romantic

IMO, that's a solid individual psychological position. But the sociocultural trend is still dubious. Not because there's something wrong with LGBT, but because generally, in healthy sociaty, traditional gender outline should be stornger. In short: in healthy society, women like men much more and vice versa.

More
7 years 8 months ago #252677 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Gender Preference

den385 wrote: Not because there's something wrong with LGBT, but because generally, in healthy sociaty, traditional gender outline should be stornger. In short: in healthy society, women like men much more and vice versa.

What is your reasoning for this?

I would argue that societies that value diversity are probably much happier because nobody is being forced into set guidelines as to what they should be. Self doubt because you aren't what others expect you to be can be crippling.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick

More
7 years 8 months ago #252680 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Gender Preference

Edan wrote:

den385 wrote: Not because there's something wrong with LGBT, but because generally, in healthy sociaty, traditional gender outline should be stornger. In short: in healthy society, women like men much more and vice versa.

What is your reasoning for this?

I took den385 as meaning from a purely practical point of view, as in a 'healthy society' meaning one that survives/continues to grow (reproduces). For that to be the case, women would need to 'like men much more' than they like women and 'vice versa'.

Though perhaps 'healthy society' wasn't the best descriptor Den :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252681 by
My reasoning for this is that, though it's only just and civilized for women and men to have equal rights, men and women are still fundamentally different on almost any level and as sexes are made to supplement each other.

My reasoning is that LGBT is 50y.o. and nothing changed biologically in that amount of time. IMO, some diversity is healthy but not when it becomes a cultural trend.

IMO, 90% lgbt is unhealthy hype. Other 10% are good and just.

I'd prefer culture where it is considered brave to be a decent human, not to have correlate with trands.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252682 by

I took den385 as meaning from a purely practical point of view, as in a 'healthy society' meaning one that survives/continues to grow (reproduces). For that to be the case, women would need to 'like men much more' than they like women and 'vice versa'.

Though perhaps 'healthy society' wasn't the best descriptor Den :laugh:

I use healthy in a broader sense - I mean vital society, one that can not only reproduce, but develop itself, thrive.

I undertand how little scientific background I am acquainted on on topic and history too. I'd be grateful for this biology/history kind of discussion!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252683 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Gender Preference

den385 wrote: My reasoning is that LGBT is 50y.o. and nothing changed biologically in that amount of time. .

Could you clarify this statement please Den?

The term 'LGBT' may be fairly recent, but there is evidence of the LGBT Community existing for thousands of years. Just look at the Roman Empire.

Edit: even primates show homosexual tendencies

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252686 by

Brick wrote:

den385 wrote: My reasoning is that LGBT is 50y.o. and nothing changed biologically in that amount of time. .

Could you clarify this statement please Den?

The term 'LGBT' may be fairly recent, but there is evidence of the LGBT Community existing for thousands of years. Just look at the Roman Empire.

Edit: even primates show homosexual tendencies

they do

they do

And thats just Wiki , there are countless studies on this "behaviour" but it still does not tell me anything about my heart that is supposed to be making the descision loll

Edit : and it does not pass judgement on how you see it Den , i see where you are coming from but i dont share your concern were the Trend bit comes in , that is why they are called Trends , they come and go ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi