Sex Talk

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #243641 by
Replied by on topic Sex Talk
I didn't read everything. However I do agree.

At Just Jedi I have a secret Forum area called "The Little Black Book" You have to request for access to join it in which sexual education is it's main topic and theme :)

Perhaps something TOTJO can consider for privacy issues and in keeping this site family friendly.

I will say however....Sex is not excluded from philosophy as much as you might think ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #243644 by
Replied by on topic Sex Talk
I feel like the most restricted it should be is maybe in the "Members Only" forum. The only difference between a Member and a Guest is that Members have waited the seven day wait period and filled out the application if I remember correctly. That wouldn't really limit anyone but people who have been here for less than a week. It pretty much just excludes trolls.

Limiting it more than that would only reinforce the very stigma that we're trying to overcome, in my opinion.

As for family friendly, isn't our minimum age like 13? That's about the age people might need some of these questions the most. Plus I don't imagine we'll be posting graphic images or videos. At least not without a spoiler tag and an advanced warning before clicking on it.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #243647 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Sex Talk

Goken wrote: I feel like the most restricted it should be is maybe in the "Members Only" forum. The only difference between a Member and a Guest is that Members have waited the seven day wait period and filled out the application if I remember correctly. That wouldn't really limit anyone but people who have been here for less than a week. It pretty much just excludes trolls.

Limiting it more than that would only reinforce the very stigma that we're trying to overcome, in my opinion.

As for family friendly, isn't our minimum age like 13? That's about the age people might need some of these questions the most. Plus I don't imagine we'll be posting graphic images or videos. At least not without a spoiler tag and an advanced warning before clicking on it.

I think that would also work very well! I agree that the more we can open it up to reasonable discourse, the better. Whether or not the "Abby" gives their advice with the post is not important. What's important is the anonymity of the OP that gets the talks rolling. I just think the "Dear Abby" format is fun and a good jumping off point for discussion. :)

And I def think it should be open to under-18s, early appropriate education is key!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 11 months ago #243648 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sex Talk
the drawbacks to the under 18's is largely parental consent for said topic...

in school we had to have parental consent to take sex ed in 5/6th grade...and parents could choose to opt their kid out of the class....

but i do agree that once children reach puberty they need to develop a healthy understanding of sex and sexuality...unfortunately many parents still view the subject as taboo...which leads to unhealthy habits and understanding....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 11 months ago #243649 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Sex Talk
If someone wants to post a question anonymously, PM me the question and I will post it making sure not to use anything that might identify the asker.

As to the underage crowd... :unsure: if they are under 18 they should have parental consent. I know this is not always the case though, so let’s not be crude. And any pictures, illicit whatever’s should be posted under warning spoilers. ;)

Keep in mind that I am one person, I work and I am in the process of moving. So if I am flooded with questions it may take me a little while to get them posted. But I will do my best to keep up with it. Just make sure to put at the top of the PM “anonymous question for Sex Talk thread.”

Okay?

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, , OB1Shinobi, Leah Starspectre

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 11 months ago #243651 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sex Talk
we can call it "ask uncle wescli".... :lol:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 11 months ago #243652 by Leah Starspectre

RyuJin wrote: we can call it "ask uncle wescli".... :lol:

YASSSSS

Do you want me to set up the thread/rules for "Ask Uncle Wescli"? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #243653 by Wescli Wardest

RyuJin wrote: we can call it "ask uncle wescli".... :lol:

Oh deer... :pinch:

That just sounds BAD ! :ohmy:

Let's not call it that :woohoo: :P

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, , OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 11 months ago #243654 by Wescli Wardest
Thinking of, when I start getting questions I will start a new thread called Sex Talk Q and A.

So called rulles of the thread will be posted in the OP and then I will post Q's for people to discuss.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #243657 by Leah Starspectre
Rules: (rough draft)

1 Think of a sex-related question/concern
2. send your question to Councillor Wescli Wardest
3. Your question will be stripped of identifying features and posted
4. Open Discussion!
4.5. Remember that this is a difficult subject for many, so be respectful!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, rugadd, Alexandre Orion,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi