Marijuana and its use

More
8 years 1 month ago #229630 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Marijuana and its use

Adder wrote: I don't remember, I'd have to try and let you know :lol: :silly:

That said, if I had kids, I wouldn't support any intoxicants until after at least 20 years of age.... due to their brain development, and my personal experiences.

Some of the latest research I've read says the brain is probably not fully developed until age 25. For instance http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/02/18/at-what-age-is-the-brain-fully-developed/ .

“Yeah I used to get stoned. A few years back I was pretty down. I'd just started a job, and my plugs weren't taking, my parents were brutally murdered and I was fat. So I turned to pot hoping it would solve my problems. And you know something. The only thing it fixed was my life.

I know it feels good. I know we've all read the 'scientific studies' that say it's non-addictive and there are no side effects. But scientists don't smoke pot. We do. And that's the difference.

All I'm saying is if you want to get high, then be prepared to spend a lot of time laughing with your friends. Think about it.”

~ Strangers With Candy - The Trip Back

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 1 month ago #229643 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Marijuana and its use
plenty of people have died as a result of alcohol use....how many people have died from marijuana?....i can't think of a single person i know that uses pot and has died as a result....but i can make a pretty long list of people i personally knew that died as a result of alcohol use.....just saying....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229650 by
Replied by on topic Marijuana and its use
My goal is to face reality, not change to illusion's face. I believe myself to already be equipped with everything I need to do that.

I don't think pot would do anything for me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229657 by
Honestly... and I'll be 100% honest here... I would rather be completely high all day every day than be addicted to sugar. I have the world's deadliest long-term disease/addiction, and I think pot would be a wonderful buffer. Not a cure, but at least something less harmful.

Everybody's perspective is different. As long as we all realize we should have no right to impede others' beliefs and needs, I think we can all agree that needless regulation is hurting our society more than helping it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #229715 by
After such an AMAZING response. I shall weigh in again!

Alcohol - As DT's regress in the bloodstream the individual who has gotten to know them over the last bender, becomes very sick and near death. Only through the force can they survive this... oh and Human medical intervention.

Ol' Mary - Grown, not made, Weed, or Grass... Is used for a variety of issues. From appetite stimulation to depression management, this amazing little planet can and has literally healed those with: Cancer, and other forms of disease. As a former soldier, police AND firefighter (the big three) ... I use it on recreational as well as Medical basis for pain management. In the army i sustained a neck and back injury, that for 10 yrs only hurt me... Deal-able as a soldier put it. I was happy to deal as it "made me tough". After falling off a ladder with my air pack and fire gear on however, that hurt status became injured. Finding relief in stretching, yoga, and Marijuana.

I choose not to take any form of pills, what so ever. If antibiotics are required they can administer whilst i am unconscious. Pills i do believe are a very strong gateway to other "medicine" of narcotic nature. Easily confused with Medicine. As we know 500 years ago the earth was flat, and we the Jedi, not yet born to this planet.

Now we know we know nothing, and that what we wish is... Wisdom, not knowledge. Let us apply this to common sense. Seeing that some of the best medicine, TRUE medicine. Has been here the entire time. Patience and Calm has allowed this to come to the "LIGHT"

Thank you

-bow-
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229731 by

jake_sato wrote: After such an AMAZING response. I shall weigh in again!

Alcohol - As DT's regress in the bloodstream the individual who has gotten to know them over the last bender, becomes very sick and near death. Only through the force can they survive this... oh and Human medical intervention.

Ol' Mary - Grown, not made, Weed, or Grass... Is used for a variety of issues. From appetite stimulation to depression management, this amazing little planet can and has literally healed those with: Cancer, and other forms of disease. As a former soldier, police AND firefighter (the big three) ... I use it on recreational as well as Medical basis for pain management. In the army i sustained a neck and back injury, that for 10 yrs only hurt me... Deal-able as a soldier put it. I was happy to deal as it "made me tough". After falling off a ladder with my air pack and fire gear on however, that hurt status became injured. Finding relief in stretching, yoga, and Marijuana.

I choose not to take any form of pills, what so ever. If antibiotics are required they can administer whilst i am unconscious. Pills i do believe are a very strong gateway to other "medicine" of narcotic nature. Easily confused with Medicine. As we know 500 years ago the earth was flat, and we the Jedi, not yet born to this planet.

Now we know we know nothing, and that what we wish is... Wisdom, not knowledge. Let us apply this to common sense. Seeing that some of the best medicine, TRUE medicine. Has been here the entire time. Patience and Calm has allowed this to come to the "LIGHT"

Thank you

-bow-

I do agree with most of what you state. The medicinal use of this fine plant is fairly underestimated by the public because grand companies stigmatize its use with drug addicts and that you will be a bum if you use it. They do this because they can't patent a plant and therefore can't earn large sums of money. They can however earn money of of other pills like Ritalin, Prozac, Zoloft etc. They will not hesitate to push these pills into people(kids) when they're being difficult instead of making an effort to structure someones day-to-day life or make changes to diet or exercise.

Other pills like vitamins or aspirin can be harmless and are the only pills I swallow.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229738 by
I am curious to know if there could be a possible enhancement of connection to the Force for some individuals using pot that might not exist otherwise. Considering the history of its ceremonial use in opening the mind and expanding consciousness, I have to wonder if some might not actually benefit?

More
8 years 1 month ago #229758 by Wescli Wardest
  • Marijuana is safer than alcohol.

• Taunting Chihuahuas is safer than jogging across the savannahs of Africa wearing meat around your neck.

• Juggling loaded fire arms is safer than dancing a jig in front of a pyroclastic flow.

• I might have gotten in a fight at school, but so-and-so stole a bike!
This entire line of thought is a Red Herring to the question posed in the original post. Sorry, that’s just how I see it. To the average reader, there could be an assertion of accuracy due to poster of said reference so I will play Devil’s Advocate in hopes to avoid an appeal of authority.

As to the question posed in the original post…

jake_sato wrote: I would love to hear the collective thoughts on this topic. The use of Marijuana for healing and or force sensitivity practice?

In my opinion, any stimulus taken to induce an altered state of perception or reality could confuse or alter the understanding or recognition of desired experience. In short if you took something to have a different experience how could you trust the reality of said experience due to your altered state?

TotJO does not have an official stance on the subject that I know of.

As for me, we exist in the now. And in this singular moment all the realities we can perceive are and if we are in this moment we will experience them. As for healing, there are several things that can be “healed” in a variety of methods. Some approved by the medical field and some not. I have found that mental state has a role to play in healing and if my mental state is not pure I can’t imagine that any healing done during that period will be either; whether it be physical, mental or spiritual in nature.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kit, Zenchi, Rex

More
8 years 1 month ago #229764 by Squint
Replied by Squint on topic Marijuana and its use
I have tried marijuana recreationally a few times, definitely less than 10. Only 4 times have I gotten high, the others I probably didn't inhale properly or something. Regardless, the few times it "worked" were not fun, I just got sleepy. The last two times were actually not fun at all, I felt like I was falling and was dizzy. I don't plan on ever doing it again, it was terrible, I should note it is legal here.

On the other hand, I have a friend who self-medicates for bi-polar disorder and I can 100% verify how much it helps him. He was an employee of mine and I saw him go from a nervous wreck to an award winning game developer. I think there are instances where marijuana is very good for a person from a medicinal perspective, I'm just not a person who likes its effects on me.

Journals: IP Apprentice
TM: Loudzoo
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #229772 by
It's kinda funny, i came online a few moment ago to start a discussion about this topic and the first thing that pops up it this :)

I use it and i have used it daily for almost a year now. I don't need it for medical purposes, i use it because i like it. I've used it when i've wanted to seek deeper into myself and figure out my values and standpoints on a more exsistential level. I don't think this is the only way to do so, but to me it has helped a great deal. I feel more connected to the world around me when walking around as well as i get this feeling that my "way of thinking" is expanding when i'm under the influence of marijuana :)

To me it makes no sense that marijuana is not legal in many countries. Our governments are chosen to maintain the interests of the people. Just look at the marijuana market, it overwhelmingly big which means there is a demand/interest, a huge demand even, among the people. It makes no sense the governments around our world keeps it illegal as others will supply the demands if the governments won't.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi