Marijuana and its use

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312163 by
Replied by on topic Marijuana and its use
It's cool to see so many opinions on this topic, its definitely a hot one in this country. I am a regular user of cannabis, my wife also. We use a desktop vaporizer so as not to inhale any harmful carcinogens from burning the plant. My wife uses it to combat the symptoms of her endometriosis and PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome), which include immense pain, nausea and vomiting, depression, anxiety, lack of appetite, weight fluctuation, and a myriad of other things. This is not including the side effects from the dozen or so medications she takes everyday. Cannabis is the only thing that gives her any kind of control in her life. The best treatment for her outside of cannabis is a hysterectomy, but with her being as young as she is (25) her doctor will not consider it until every avenue is explored. Of course this is difficult to manage when you cannot pay for these treatments. So we help ourselves as much as we can with the use of cannabis. I myself use it to combat my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and to help my appetite, I would not be able to eat otherwise. I of course believe that cannabis should be legal everywhere for its great uses in medicine, and also as a source of revenue for the country (Colorado made bank off of cannabis taxes). At some point I will acquire some seeds so that we can provide our own medication, as it is very expensive in states where it is illegal.

Well thanks for buying into my ramblings and for posting in this topic a while after it died down. I'm happy to answer any questions that anyone has about cannabis, its use and effects, or endometriosis (this world is woeful uneducated about it). MTFBWY!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327028 by
Honored - Thank you Master

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327061 by
It's really something that should never have been made illegal in the first place. I think people seriously underestimate the many uses of hemp which can be used for building stuff, medicinal uses

I really can't call US "The land of the free" when they won't let you use a plant xD

People want to use the excuse of "it's my body" for abortion but I can't say the same thing if I want to use cannabis? Besides it's not even the woman's body anyway it's the baby's.

Even if it was harmful, it's still my body and if I wanted to pollute it with this among other things, that's my choice.

Honestly I don't know why citizens were just ok with letting the government make it illegal. Not sure what they were thinking.

But people are starting to realize "You know maybe it was kind of dumb to make the most useful plant in the world illegal" States are legalizing. They should just legalize it everywhere. They may as well now.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

More
5 years 6 months ago #327070 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Marijuana and its use
I agree Yab! I do still believe an age limit is appropriate like any intoxicant but that's just a teacher and developmental opinion.

As far as it being made illegal there are several reasons it was. One of the most predominant is the fact that industrial hemp was incredibly useful. There is a link between several of the larger wood pulp companies linked to early 20th century news paper pulp producers and the use of hemp as a substitute for wood as a primary paper making material. Another point which is pretty sad is that it was considered a drug of "the colored peoples" which you know at that time the white folks were not fans of........Then you have the final reasoning and the only real semi-legitimate one, is that it was justified through the same way as the people whom were often selling remedies that carried other powerful and harmful ingredients in them. When the FDA (or it predecessor) sought to protect people from these remedies which did cause OD's they couldn't truly scientifically find the active ingredients that were causing these issues. This said they grouped many together and simply banned them or scheduled them. They then place Cannabis in a group with no medical purpose for whatever reason though they still placed cocaine and opiod based chemicals as anesthetics. They did not consider the usefulness of cannabis in this light because it is weak in comparison.

As for land of the free, we got some freedoms; we just got really really stupid about who we let take power and the trades of safety we traded for them........In time it become legal I am sure. Particularly now that people are beginning to make money from it (legitimately)....that's one of the keys

Much love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327110 by

Goken wrote: To put as simply as I can, I do not believe in it's use for any reason unless prescribed by a doctor. However, I do not believe that I have the right to tell people what to do in their own homes. Just don't drive high because then it becomes about public safety.

I have the same views on alcohol in case you're interested. I know that many times people try to use the "alcohol is worse than pot" argument.

I drive high all the time. Lol.. we need less laws like this. One, because they violate your natural liberty..

Two, because they have little to no real affect. Not any that couldn't have been achieved in other ways..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327111 by

Yabuturtle wrote:
People want to use the excuse of "it's my body" for abortion but I can't say the same thing if I want to use cannabis? Besides it's not even the woman's body anyway it's the baby's.

The baby doesn't own its mother's body. The body which it is dependent on for survival. The mother has full right and control over her body. Also, who has access to it. Which includes the baby.. since the baby is a guest..

This is part of what I believe is the presence of the entropic darkness that mingles with The Force in Creation. The Light continues to create as darkness destroys..

.. and without the morality of the respect of Life. No system we create to control society will work without becoming increasingly tyrannical..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327116 by

Uzima Moto wrote:

Yabuturtle wrote:

The baby doesn't own its mother's body. The body which it is dependent on for survival. The mother has full right and control over her body. Also, who has access to it. Which includes the baby.. since the baby is a guest..

This is part of what I believe is the presence of the entropic darkness that mingles with The Force in Creation. The Light continues to create as darkness destroys..

.. and without the morality of the respect of Life. No system we create to control society will work without becoming increasingly tyrannical..

. The mother has right and control over her body. Not the baby's. The baby is separate. The woman's kidney's are HERS as is her liver, lungs ect. The baby is a guest and therefore separate. Not part of her body.

People use that excuse to justify it. It doesn't work. It's not like people can't just give the baby to someone else if they don't want it. There are people that will take it. We know some people do it because of rape or incest. But we know that isn't often the case. Most of the time, it's people who were too careless when having sex and they decided to take the easy way out by getting rid of it. Only way I see how it makes sense to abort it is if you are trying to safe the woman's life or something. Not just toss it away because you didn't feel like dealing with it. Take some responsibility. Other people didn't take the easy way out. Or at the very least let someone else raise it if you just don't have the money for it.

Not really sure how we can claim to protect life if we are willing to throw away our own children like refuse. Such as how can we be called the land of the free without letting you use a plant that's not even that harmful to you.

Our country really doesn't have focused priorities here. Oh let's have the ability to get rid of our children. But those guns that you use to protect yourself and those drugs you take, those gotta go.

if a guy kills an unborn child such as injuring a woman through beating or shooting. It's called feticide. That counts, yet abortion is ok because you gave a doctor permission? Anyone find this strange?

Nevertheless I understand it's off topic. Hemp should be allowed and not just in the US. There are still a lot of countries that make it illegal.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327139 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Marijuana and its use
Yea but the embryo cannot survive without the mother, and the pregnancy is a process of the mother in of itself, while the embryo gestates. And so there is risk and hardship to the mother (as well as the baby obviously). Given that, it would seem it is more her decision then anyone elses until birth - and nine months of physical deformations is not always a simple, pain free or safe thing for the mother. Her welfare has to be considered given this IMO... at some level, both physical and mental, and so where people differ is where that line is (probably). Same with toxic substances, at some point the authorities determine if a substance is too dangerous to be uncontrolled in the community. Different toxins effect different bodily systems differently, and they seem to be assessed on how fast they act. And when something interacts with ones brain function it seems to work relatively fast. Especially given its involvement with the reward system and shifting tolerance leading to things like habits, dependence and addiction - it can mimic the impact to some extent by changing the nature of focus to support its continuation. Alcohol for example, similar but it seems to do the most damage to the liver, which takes a relatively longer amount of time from chronic use - since that particular organ does a real good job of mitigating the damage until its too late. Not including alcohol poisoning of course, where poisoning as a concept is a large dose of a toxin - enough to cause immediate serious harm. But I'd say brains & nervous systems are more sensitive generally speaking, and they are the target of psychoactive drugs . Having said all that, I think if one can make it or grow it then one should be able to use it - but I don't make the laws. If it were up to me I'd regulate and enforce to limit the distribution, and make it illegal to supply or allow children to use.... and since brain development is ongoing till about the mid-20's I'd educate avoiding any use until one is into their 30's :D
Otherwise I think they have a lot of potential when used 'safely' as a therapeutic or entheogen, and in that regard my goal would be developing sensitization rather then tolerance. In short if people didn't abuse it, then it might not be such a problem.... but people tend to do stupid things when they take psychoactives, usually of unknown quality, or even mix them with other stuff that causes themselves all sorts of grief either short term, long term or fatally.
So marijuana was swept up in all of that I'd say. The impact of psychoactive drugs on society had an interesting history, with the British almost sinking the Qing Dynasty by letting opium flood into China. And since neuroscience is a difficult field only now maturing it has taken this long for countries to feel confident in decriminalizing or legalizing marijuana. Hopefully we'll learn more about it in the years ahead as science burrows into our brains more and more.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327148 by
People being stupid isn't a reason to control them.. we must be very careful with things like that..

More
5 years 6 months ago #327196 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Marijuana and its use

Uzima Moto wrote: People being stupid isn't a reason to control them.. we must be very careful with things like that..

Stupidity often impacts beyond oneself, more often then not I'd guess.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi