Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 3 months ago #135623 by Brenna

steamboat28 wrote: And please refrain from linking me to the completely unexplanatory Doctrine page, because there are as many interpretations of that as there are Jedi, so I don't necessarily believe that page, alone, cuts the mustard.

Considering there are "as many interpretations as there are Jedi", could you expect more of an explanation than what is already there?

In my opinion the Doctrine says everything thats needed. Everything else is just a vehicle for the interpretation and manifestation of the doctrine.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135684 by
Replied by on topic The Field, and Lynn McTaggert

steamboat28 wrote: Everyone has this assumption that everyone at TotJO is here to be a Knight. I think we forget that the IP and training/ranking courses are entirely optional, and that some people might be here just for the congregational aspect. Those sorts of people (to draw an analogy, the kind of people that are in a church every sunday to learn, but not volunteer, lead, or rise through the ranks of the clergy) are Jedi, too. And if we relegate teaching to the IP and Apprenticeships, those people will never learn anything more about this organization than what they can find us arguing about on the forums, and that's not okay with me. While maybe they shouldn't be handed everything on a silver platter, "plain" Members are still members, and they should be treated like it, not relegated to being second-class citizens who are forgotten about because they may not have the drive, desire, or time for the IP while the rest of us are on the quest for a spiritual enlightenment or a fancy title.

This thread is moving too fast for me so I CBA to catch up but did a quick check and didn't see this addressed.

steamboat, you are aware that we have 178 sermons right? http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi