The Field, and Lynn McTaggert

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135330 by
Replied by on topic The Field, and Lynn McTaggert

Ty wrote: There is clearly some kind of energy that pervades everything. We do not know exactly what it is, or how to find it quite yet, but we will. Eventually, we will be able to see it, examine it, manipulate it. We do not know if it has consciousness, but based on what we know of consciousness, that requires a brain, so that is unlikely.

I believe that all life is connected and that we are an inseparable part of our environment, but my belief in this does not require there to be an 'energy'.

Taoism was aptly mentioned a few posts ago.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #135332 by
Fair enough, Akkarin.

This has, once again, gone a bit far afield from the general idea, I think. I'm not out to get anyone to think the way I do, but I do think that there should be a bit of a foundation in science somewhere in the IP.
At the end of the day, I think that the IP should have some of the same information as the Library, though the Library itself is far from complete.

Perhaps find a few crucial texts/videos in each category, and have people go through them in the IP?
From what I understand, after all, the IP is supposed to be a sort of sampling of the Jedi religion, and is supposed to help people learn on their own, help people think, and help people become able to find answers for any spiritual questions they have on their own, while preparing them to be able to interact with a guide (their master) along the way.

On another note, is there a librarian? How do you go about suggesting library texts?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135333 by

There is nothing in this universe which cannot be understood through the laws of mathematics, though we may not be able to understand it at this time.

I think the same was (and still is) said of God by some people? "There is nothing in this universe which is not understood by god, though we not may not be able to understand it ourselves at this time."

Ty- You seem like a pretty intelligent guy and whatever happens (whether the McTaggart book gets moved off the site or replaced or whatever) please remember you've connected with alot of people here with your thoughts, and I for one would like to thank you for your efforts and time in this conversation and look forward to other contributions from you. I believe very few contest and are against you and the idea that the McTaggart book is *not* strictly accurate or scientific. (Most people would say the same of Star Wars no?) A fair number agree that it shouldn't be a part of the IP. And yet some still feel as if there is still a lesson within it for varying reasons and it may be that it stays as it is for whatever reason.. If that's the case I'd like to ask- Will you still stay? Or will you be rigid and refuse to continue learning (and perhaps teaching) on this site because of one thing? No religion or site is perfect to everyone.
But I do hope you are enjoying being here and look forward to seeing you around, :)

(Something else I thought- I wonder if the more you push, the more people push back.. I think if one does things gently and patiently the more likely things will come around to their favour..)

Good luck!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #135334 by
I hope it doesn't come across like I'm trying to push, as I'm simply trying to explain how I feel. Thus far this has been a wonderful discussion, though my last post was trying to move it back on topic a bit.

I will certainly stay, because the Doctrine resonates with me greatly, and at the end of the day, isn't that what is most important? The IP is meant to help you relate to it.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135337 by
"It" does not have consciousness. "It" is consciousness. Our consciousness arises from it and then observes the patterns created by it as the physical universe around us. "It" is neither separate nor similar, but all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135338 by

Ty wrote: On another note, is there a librarian? How do you go about suggesting library texts?

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#OfficesLibrarian

(It's me)

Any suggestions should come in the form of actual links/files I can use, I don't have time hunting material down :)

I'm aware of the state of the library, I need to remind Proteus about a permissions thing which will let me continue work on it, but that's another topic.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135339 by

jasonwilkins wrote: "It" does not have consciousness. "It" is consciousness. Our consciousness arises from it and then observes the patterns created by it as the physical universe around us. "It" is neither separate nor similar, but all.

I think both of our statements fall into the realm of what is debatable, and is personal for each person here.

Akkarin wrote:

Ty wrote: On another note, is there a librarian? How do you go about suggesting library texts?

http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq#OfficesLibrarian

(It's me)

Any suggestions should come in the form of actual links/files I can use, I don't have time hunting material down :)

I'm aware of the state of the library, I need to remind Proteus about a permissions thing which will let me continue work on it, but that's another topic.

Awesome.
So, you don't use any new material in the library, generally? Only stuff with expired copyright, or that is freely available online?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135340 by
If you close your eyes and imagine two people discussing and debating whether they exist or not, do they in fact exist as individual beings or are they simply manifestations of your own consciousness? The universe is the same. It must be for consciousness to even exist. This is science. "Know" thyself.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135349 by
That didn't make an ounce of sense to me, but I'd be happy to discuss it elsewhere later on down the line.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #135364 by
Whenever you're ready, I'd love to! :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi