Monthly Council Reports Transparency

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253107 by
If I may? I was one of the people who suggested Transparency. I stand by the suggestion :) However....My suggestion was in regards to major changes in the temple such as Discussions on Oaths, Edited pages, Changes in Rules and things that effects the over all temple :) The goal was to help members know that certain major concerns were being discussed, thus eliminating the pressure of "Why are you not doing it!?" haha

Private moderation of members was never considered in my suggestions though XD The Banning and Promotions of people is none of my business ;)

I am more concerned with what the council is doing with the Knights Oath and if there is ever going to be any edits in the wordage and applications. Ect ect....The thread " FAQ and Article Updates " is a great example of what I was looking for ^_^

Well done Council. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253117 by
There are year end reports too.

Adder if there's lots of conversation in this thread you may need to make the first post an index.

More
7 years 7 months ago #253119 by Alexandre Orion

Akkarin wrote: Adder if there's lots of conversation in this thread you may need to make the first post an index.

That is a good idea -- I was trying to find the current Monthly Report and it is well embedded in the discussion ... :S

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
7 years 7 months ago #253120 by Ben
Perhaps we could split the thread (i.e. put these discussions in a thread of their own), and lock the actual announcement thread going forwards? :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion, Avalon, MadHatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 7 months ago #253123 by Jestor
I think we should do it like I do the Y.E.R....

One stickyied post for an index...

Every monthly report is its own thread...

Then, if conversations ensue, they can be answered in the thread....

Snowy, its not personal....

There are others, who feel as you do, and, who equally feel "picked on" because "it's them"...

So, its not "cause its snowy" on anyone's end, except YOURS, because you are the one that keeps asking, and we keep telling to YOU.....

It can't be MARTA, because she's not asking, OR, it would be, ;)...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Edan, Zenchi,

More
7 years 7 months ago #253145 by Tellahane
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253183 by
I feel that the only things that should be transparent, are things that effect everyone like policy changes. I think just a simple thread of "we are thinking of changing X to Y. opinions?" and then just an update on the final decision. I think that would be enough for 98% of people.

I'm not saying what was posted isn't in depth enough. But I do have to admit that it is a little confusing.

More
7 years 7 months ago #253189 by Adder
I think it's an indication of the amount of activity, rather then an explanation of the activity. People didn't know if anything was happening. The topic of how transparent Council activity should be has been and will be had from time to time.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leah Starspectre

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253615 by
1. I would just like to point out, as a follow up, that it has always been clear that many people don't care what the council is up to, and that's fine. This thread isn't for them. It's for those of us who do care.

2. I don't understand this hostility toward curiosity and I never will. That's part of what this temple was founded on, curiosity about each other, curiosity about the world around us, curiosity about how the universe works. I was taught in our own seminary to question my leaders, to question things around me, to ask when I didn't understand. Knowledge is one of the tenets. I will never understand people trying to shut me down like what happened in this thread and PM box because of this thread, especially when I was just curious about how the temple works and couldn't make sense of the posted text. Does anyone seriously think I was ever asking for names and details?

I'm tired of the smallest things turning into trainwrecks.

I'm done talking in this thread now.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

More
7 years 7 months ago #253618 by Wescli Wardest

That's part of what this temple was founded on, curiosity about each other, curiosity about the world around us, curiosity about how the universe works. I was taught in our own seminary to question my leaders, to question things around me, to ask when I didn't understand. Knowledge is one of the tenets.

And it was structured so that people would have a safe and relatively free place to be curious and explore. And that means some things do not need to be shared with all.

And if you have a question about a certain something I’m sure one of us would be more than happy to expound if it is proper to do so.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Avalon, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Leah Starspectre

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi