Forum Access Changes

More
9 years 6 months ago #165256 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Forum Access Changes
I'm not even asking, technically, for representation.

Just a little [strike]expletive[/strike] transparency once in a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Amaya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #165259 by
Replied by on topic Forum Access Changes

Jestor wrote: My apologies...

Forgive me Jestor, I did not see this earlier....was getting ready for my morning walk.

Let me say, I talk funny, ever noticed?

No. I have not noticed how you talk funny. I have however noticed how you don't filter/meditate over your words and how it will effect others before posting. Please take that as friendly crtisim and nothing more. We all have areas to work on and improve...

My wife/kids/bosses/etc "bitches" at me... Is it always "bitching"? No... Mostly when I am resistant to hear it, or it feels like an onslaught where I cannot even take a breath, or in this case, keep up with the posting...

Is she usually right? Yes, just ask her, lol, but that doesnt stop me from referring to that in that manner...

Mmm :dry:

Again, my apologies, your concerns are valid...[/color]

Anyways....Thank you again. Matter closed.

More
9 years 6 months ago #165262 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Forum Access Changes

steamboat28 wrote: I'm not even asking, technically, for representation.

That is not unreasonable. And we have been working towards that. First we started by bringing topics down to the knight’s forum to discuss.

Who knows how far or where it will go one day. :)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #165263 by
First I would just like to say thank you. I think this has been a great thread. I am glad that people step up and voice concerns and came up with suggestions to correct things instead of just “complaining” with no corrective recommendations.
Thank you to the members and guests who keep the forums alive and breathing, the Temple does not grow without these fresh discussions.

Thank you to the Council and behind the scenes people who try to create the environment and make this Temple what it is. It is never easy to implement changes that everyone can be happy with.

Remember that passive resistance is a tool that can be used to show your disapproval. If a private general discussion area is not used, then the voice of the people will be heard.

My recommendation is that if you want everyone to comment on a topic, resist placing it in an area where the guests are unable to respond.

Things do change. Please remember that people are genuinely trying to make this a better, growing place and are not purposely out “to get” anyone, not being vindictive. Recommendations from everyone are needed to help us all to grow and change in a positive direction.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 6 months ago #165265 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Forum Access Changes

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Let me say, I talk funny, ever noticed?

No. I have not noticed how you talk funny. I have however noticed how you don't filter/meditate over your words and how it will effect others before posting. Please take that as friendly crtisim and nothing more. We all have areas to work on and improve...

I do filter...

Not everyone is going to like me, or what I say...

The vast majority has no problem with my mannerisms...

I dont have the answer for you... :huh:

But I will take your suggestion under consideration...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
9 years 6 months ago #165267 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Forum Access Changes

Karn wrote: Remember that passive resistance is a tool that can be used to show your disapproval. If a private general discussion area is not used, then the voice of the people will be heard.

Or "not heard", as the case may be. Silence on the Internet isn't resistance. It's just silence.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 6 months ago #165268 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic Forum Access Changes
Karn wrote
My recommendation is that if you want everyone to comment on a topic, resist placing it in an area where the guests are unable to respond.

That's a good idea and something Edan and I discussed. By posting only in areas open to all then guests aren't excluded from conversations.

Everything is belief

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 6 months ago #165269 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Forum Access Changes

steamboat28 wrote: I'm not even asking, technically, for representation.

Whas up slick...:)

Before the Temple was this grand deal you see before you, it was slow, and changes affected a minor few...

So, when we made changes, few cared or raised a ruckus...

By having more knights available, we are trying to shift some of the power from council, and a select few, to them, with council running the day to day, and implementation of the Knights and their decisions...

Council are knights as well, but our voices are no louder, or shouldnt be, lol... Maybe mine, but I am a loud mouth, lol...

So, unintentionally, we may open a can of worms from time to time, as things change...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
9 years 6 months ago #165270 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Forum Access Changes
Akkarin announced the newest update in these changes a couple pages back. It hasn't received much attention interestingly.

Here it is again: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-Announcements/108282-access-forum-changes-refined

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #165272 by

Proteus wrote: Akkarin announced the newest update in these changes a couple pages back. It hasn't received much attention interestingly.

Here it is again: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-Announcements/108282-access-forum-changes-refined

I'm just taking a guess...but the reason why its not receiving attention is because the "Flow" is here. Im sure all of us has already read it though. Thank you *bows*

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi