MJ Hannigan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162833 by
Replied by on topic MJ Hannigan
I like how another member put it:

Oh I do care about the past. But as that is no longer how things are done here, it is not a relevant argument.

While someone may have a history, it can be detrimental to use that against someone, particularly if that is the only perception used. Having grown up as a homosexual in a predominantly heterosexual world, there was a certain image applied to me. I was scared of telling my own family of my orientation for fear of being kicked out of the house. Thankfully they were accepting. I thought the world was changing for the better. So one day I walked from a restaurant holding the hand of my boyfriend. Yet, four people ran after us to beat us because of that one act. It is amazing how prejudice motivates people. To this day, I am still afraid that my sexuality will be used against me. Yet, I will not let other's perceptions of me dictate how I should live my life.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #162834 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic MJ Hannigan

Andy Spalding wrote:

Brenna wrote: I would ask though, how many times do you offer your hand for same bite?

I am a Tyr's man. Through and through. I am the kind of guy that offers it till they bite it off. One Who gives till there is nothing left to give for that they deem worthy.

True, Andy. But Tyr still only allowed the one bite. And even that was merely a show of trust; to make good on a bargain.

**edit** - I should read the whole thread before replying. I am, however, interested in this off-topic topic, so I will be creating a new thread to discuss it in a neutral manner, without referring to any specific events in the past or present.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162835 by
To knowingly allow the other gods to trick Fenrir, no less.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #163179 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic MJ Hannigan

Angelus Kalen wrote: On behalf of the community of which Hannigan is a knight, I would like to offer a formal apology. I agree that his behavior towards others was not acceptable. We do not condone insults nor belittlement. However, I do think Hannigan was judged a bit harshly, perhaps due to his past. I always encourage the free exchange of ideas. Though they must be done in a respectful manner. Nevertheless, as one who believes in having a safe, learning environment, his presence at this site would cause a disruption to those seeking serious study. I sincerely hope that this incident does not mar the relationship between our two organizations. I hope for our continual support of each other.

Andy Spalding wrote: I am reminded of a quote about mouths writing checks hind ends have to cash. I fully support the harshest of punishments for those who I speak in favor when they cannot behave themselves.

As a member of the group he reps, I saw Hannigan being belligerent. I also saw people egging him on. that said, knights should know better.

I am totally in favor of a strict and harsh punishment for a knight who cannot behave themselves.

Also, he is aware of this misdeed and is remorseful.

Andy Spalding wrote: Can and certainly does. Passions run high when it comes to how we view the way. I have spoken with Mr. Hannigan Personally and he is indeed remorseful, and wanting to reestablish communication. He is willing to accept censure and move forward. However, he can and will speak for himself in these regards.

Instead of unification and consolidated direction, let us first strive for mutual inclusion. Us and them is not the way things should be. We should build on our commonalities first then, when our differences are not so raw, we can seek to bring our paths closer together.

There's small Revenge in Words, but Words may be greatly revenged.
-Benjamin Franklin

He who angers you conquers you.
-Elizabeth Kenny

Mr. Hannigan's account is active and re-enabled.

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163218 by
Welcome back, Mr Hannigan.

More
9 years 6 months ago #163231 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic MJ Hannigan
That was....quick. O'well, was nice while it lasted...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168181 by
This topic was so sweet. Interesting to see what others say about people who can not speak for themselves and more interesting how people take little responsibility for their own words and choose to blame others.

Love and Light

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168183 by
This is where you decide to renew your posting?

In such a way to invite certain responses no less...

Have you learned nothing?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168185 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: This topic was so sweet. Interesting to see what others say about people who can not speak for themselves and more interesting how people take little responsibility for their own words and choose to blame others.

Love and Light

Hannigan. A Knight is above this.

*bows*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168187 by

Khaos wrote: This is where you decide to renew your posting?

In such a way to invite certain responses no less...

Have you learned nothing?

This was a topic about me. I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments. As I am always thankful for your comments as it pertains to me. It was a refreshing break, and a needed one.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi