MJ Hannigan

More
9 years 5 months ago #162386 by Br. John
MJ Hannigan was created by Br. John
The complaints from members regarding MJ Hannigan are overwhelming. Mr. Hannigan has the right to say whatever he wants about The Order - on his own site. The Members have the right to have a peaceful Temple. The moderators and admins on duty tonight agreed it was in the best interest of our Members and the Peace and Dignity of The Order to disable the account pending decision of The Council.

Feel free to comment in confidence by PM to Jestor and copy to any members of The Council as well.

The Council will decide if this should be made indefinite. For now it is only until we can give it full fair consideration.

Mr. Hannigan can be contacted at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jedi-realist-radio by anyone interested in continued discussions with him.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Wescli Wardest, Garwa Mayharr, Alexandre Orion, Llama Su, Kit and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #162414 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic MJ Hannigan
Just to clarify, this wasn't so much about what he said about the Temple but rather about the way he treated individual people, wasn't it? I'm asking because I'm right there on the edge, too, and in order to know when I've cross some lines I need to know approximately where they are.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #162415 by
Replied by on topic MJ Hannigan
The decision was made based on his behaviour with other people on the forums. He can say what he wants about the Temple just so long as he goes about it in a respectful way. There is general agreement among people that he wasn't being respectful to other people or showing any signs of changing his behaviour appropriately.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #162418 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic MJ Hannigan

Gisteron wrote: Just to clarify, this wasn't so much about what he said about the Temple but rather about the way he treated individual people, wasn't it? I'm asking because I'm right there on the edge, too, and in order to know when I've cross some lines I need to know approximately where they are.

I know Akkarin responded, but, let me quote a fairly new document that I added a while back for people making accounts, and some here may not have seen it...

Jestor wrote: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/component/content/article/40-information/2096-foreward-notice-for-registration

Rules, written in black and white, feel like a challenge to many, and those folks like to see how far things can be pushed.

By being able to search the internet to find us, we assume each individual to have an average intelligence (or better), and to understand that the "letter of the law" and the "spirit of the law" are different. We are a "spirit of the law" community.

We do not remove folks for one offence, for five offences, or for fifty offences. There is no set number.

When the burden of a persons membership outweighs their benefit, they will be removed.

As you are about to sign up, two rules, in particular, are of importance.

You are fine Gisteron....

Your actions, and that of others, was not directly insulting or belittling... Perhaps overzealousness in search of the truth, :lol:...

Truth as seen by you...;)

The 'line' you are looking for is invisible, and never quite in the same place twice...

I hope that answers your question
...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion, Llama Su, Zenchi, Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #162664 by
On behalf of the community of which Hannigan is a knight, I would like to offer a formal apology. I agree that his behavior towards others was not acceptable. We do not condone insults nor belittlement. However, I do think Hannigan was judged a bit harshly, perhaps due to his past. I always encourage the free exchange of ideas. Though they must be done in a respectful manner. Nevertheless, as one who believes in having a safe, learning environment, his presence at this site would cause a disruption to those seeking serious study. I sincerely hope that this incident does not mar the relationship between our two organizations. I hope for our continual support of each other.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #162666 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic MJ Hannigan
Thank you Angelus...

I would still consider him a friend as well...

There are just some friends, that dont get a long with others...

And, in time, he may be welcomed back...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #162668 by
I am wondering if Hannigan is able to have a conversation with anyone without having to resort to insult or petty attacks in order to reinforce his argument. IT is not to say that one is not permitted to be upset (cause those here know i myself am capable of that lol) however his behavior was just become a point of the temple not really being able to continue to let it continue.

I do hope he can come back sometime because when hes not being so confrontational he can actually be a lovely and insightful person who could contribute in a more positive way if he wished.

I hope we can see him again :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #162670 by

n behalf of the community of which Hannigan is a knight, I would like to offer a formal apology. I agree that his behavior towards others was not acceptable. We do not condone insults nor belittlement. However, I do think Hannigan was judged a bit harshly, perhaps due to his past. I always encourage the free exchange of ideas. Though they must be done in a respectful manner. Nevertheless, as one who believes in having a safe, learning environment, his presence at this site would cause a disruption to those seeking serious study. I sincerely hope that this incident does not mar the relationship between our two organizations. I hope for our continual support of each other.

What organization is that?

More
9 years 5 months ago #162675 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic MJ Hannigan
I believe Angelus is referring to the Gathered Force Community, the body associated with the annual gatherings. I am a member myself, though not a knight. It is an excellent group of people and I am proud to call many of the members friends.

I know I speak for a few people when I say that, the events of the past few weeks aside, Hannigan still has people that care for him and want him to be happy.

Please bear in mind that, as he is currently banned from the site, Hannigan is no in a position to address any comments made with regard to his person or behaviors. To that end, if you have nothing nice to say, please keep your teeth touching. Courtesy counts.

I appreciate your gesture on Hannigan's behalf, Angelus. It is a sign of deep regard and respect for your brother Jedi and the community in general.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Br. John, Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #162732 by
I am reminded of a quote about mouths writing checks hind ends have to cash. I fully support the harshest of punishments for those who I speak in favor when they cannot behave themselves.

As a member of the group he reps, I saw Hannigan being belligerent. I also saw people egging him on. that said, knights should know better.

I am totally in favor of a strict and harsh punishment for a knight who cannot behave themselves.

Also, he is aware of this misdeed and is remorseful.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi