• Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
9 years 6 months ago #162769 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic MJ Hannigan
I only locked this topic for a few minutes. As soon as I post this I'm unlocking it. Let's please be mindful not to post discouraging words about someone who can't post to answer them.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Brenna, Llama Su, Tarran

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #162770 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic MJ Hannigan
There is not a one among us that has not needed another chance to do right.

And there is not a one among us that won't need another at some point.

Hannigan on hiatus is a done thing. He did what he did. The temple responded. Insofar as he can't read or respond to anything here, have the self-respect to stay quiet if you have nothing constructive to add. Talking trash now is cowardly.

My sense is that everyone involved needs a moment to reflect. No one is in a position to talk trash, myself included. No more justifying bad behavior. Hannigan will look to Hannigan, with a little help from friends. The rest of us can look to our own conduct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, rugadd, Brenna

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 6 months ago #162772 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic MJ Hannigan

Br. John wrote: I only locked this topic for a few minutes. As soon as I post this I'm unlocking it. Let's please be mindful not to post discouraging words about someone who can't post to answer them.

Sorry Br John. I Think I should be clear that I was responding with curiosity about the philosophical considerations, not in regards to the issue at hand itself. The conversation has moved and will remain in PM.

Didnt mean to alarm you :)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
9 years 6 months ago #162773 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic MJ Hannigan
Brenna, I wasn't worried about you. I just needed to pause the posting for a few minutes.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162778 by
Replied by on topic MJ Hannigan

If a Jedi, or many Jedi, bite, perhaps they should reconsider there position as a Jedi.

We are all still human. As such we will fail at time. That fact that we are Jedi means that we strive to be better.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162779 by
A poor excuse if one is not going to show any attempt at actually do anything about it.

You can only fail, if you put forth the effort not to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162783 by
i actually do know Hannigan to be a truly good person I know him yo be very insightful and i do agree at some point a new chance there should be however his behavior does warrant a break for the temple and perhaps a voluble lesson for him :)

I do see the good in him i want that made very clear :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162785 by
An old Druid proverb states that you can ask 3 bards to tell you the same tale and they will give you 4 different versions. Perspective is always the center of attention. What we understand and have learned at this Temple is slightly to really different that what someone else learns at a different Temple or Order. As Jedi we preach about being open minded and accepting of others, but if we start showing acceptance to those who only practice our ways, than we aren't open or accepting, we are simply just another popularity contest.

I do not believe that and I know each and every one of you don't believe that either. We are Jedi. We stand for what we believe in: The Way of the Jedi. It is something we ALL want. Something we ALL strive for. It doesn't matter what the training looks like because everyone is different, therefore training is different for everyone.

As for Mr. Hannigan, I took the facts that he himself posted and displayed them all together and he said that he did not care. I believe this is true, regardless if he feels remorse or not. He was asked multiple times to stop the personal attacks and the rude behavior and he chose not too. I am all for second chances, third chances, fifteenth chances. Read through my journal, you'll see what I mean. But with each chance I give, I also make sure people understand that my trust will take longer and longer to get back. Giving Mr Hannigan a month to think about what he has done and hopefully learn some respect and acceptance for ALL who strive to be Jedi would be an acceptable punishment for his behavior and the fact this is not the first time. I will always extend my hand to someone in friendship and be willing to help them out, but they also have to be willing to help themselves first.

As I said before, I believe he has great potential and that he could be just as great as any one of us as long as he is willing to humble himself and accept others for who and what they are. It is a simple thing to do, but not always easy when we are set in our ways. It is all a simple choice: accept and respect or judgment and disrespect. I do not speak out of anger or any other emotions. I speak the truth as an unbiased Jedi would when presented with the information that we have all seen. Take it as you like and May the Force be with you all.

More
9 years 6 months ago #162829 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic MJ Hannigan
What some of our newer members may not realize, is this is FAR from his first offense, and those who have been here a while I personally don't believe are "talking trash" as it were (perhaps the comments were deleted as I've yet to spot any such comments). It's not so much being judgmental, as I believe there is a lesson to be learned here, (not just on Hannigan's part) and Hannigan simply refuses to learn it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 6 months ago #162831 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic MJ Hannigan
I am going to ask that this topic stops...

I am not going to lock it...

Lets see who can put their training to use...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, , Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi