Your Ideal Temple - What dreams are made of

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177517 by
the right kind of people in my opinion are the ones who do not think they know everything and are willing to work together to achieve a common goal without letting their beliefs or lack of beliefs interfere. and i've seen this so many times i estimate that finding the right people could simply be impossible.

on the other hand some how the pyramids were constructed worldwide, there are communities that have been surviving outside of the psychotic mainstream society for a long time, and some people do amazing things on their own. so it is not completely impossible.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177520 by

ghost dog wrote: the right kind of people in my opinion are the ones who do not think they know everything. and i've seen this so many times i estimate that finding the right people could simply be impossible.

haha! I don't think it has anything to do with "Knowing everything" :) Experience and logic speaks volumes over flourished dreams.

I've known alot of good people I count as friends and family and would trust with my life. But I wouldn't trust them to follow through with anything that involved Money. There has been so many times that we (my family) has had to pick up the tab because those "Right" kind of people don't follow through. Money is and always will be a problem. :) But I will bow out now. Obviously others here know more than me and I shouldn't be tracking mud in on their plans ;)

Hope to see you at the Training Camp in September! *bows*

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177534 by OB1Shinobi
theres a lot of energy being spent in this moment on nothing
not mine so its no real concern to me
but why tear down an idea
when all you have to do to be free of it
is to leave it alone?

my mother is watching a movie where these kids are playing in the desert
and they find some strange contraption
which begins to beep in response to things that they say

by making an agreement on what to talk about
the contraption itself explains to them that it is from space and needs their help
to build a space ship
the idea that four children could build a ship that will travel through space is about as plausible as the idea that a story one sees on a screen may contain an insightful and relevant lesson

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177542 by
:cheer:

right people simply means compatible people

:)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177584 by
I have often toyed with the idea of converting some of the sports fields into farmlands. Small as the camp is, if the Vatican City can be italic own, independent micro state, I see no reason a property that much bigger couldn't be made self sufficient as well. No doubt a lot of money would need to go into it, but I feel it is still a realistic coal if everyone were to band together. The existing structures could be renovated and there are plenty to go around for what we might need. Just a matter of repurposing.

The thing I find odd about it is how it looks like everything was just dropped one day and left to looters. It's. A matter it eerie walking through the ghost town it's become today.

More
9 years 3 months ago #177602 by OB1Shinobi
I agree
but "everyone" wants a safe bet
and its its tough going asking people to band together for something that isnt clearly planned out
so its on us to make that plan

until we have a begining to end picture i wouldnt be willing to trade what im doing here for going over there
that being said
im not opposed to travel
a part of me has the impulse "if you build it they will come"

but im going to be taking an open diver course here (in tampa fla) in may
this is very important to me
i would be willing to postpone that for a temple
or maybe just find a way to do it there
I dont mind doing something crazy
as long as l can first see it in my mind played out in a logical way

your adverse possesion law is 30 yrs
meaning you have "squatters rights" if you live on and improve a neglected property for 30 years
29 years or less and its tresspassing

the mayor wants to forclose on the property
i need to do more research

we need somefundraising solutions

start a non profit?
community organizing/fundraising is how pisien did it
but he had money and like minded backers to begin with

as far as just asking to fix it up
it may be just that simple
but
we need to understand the underlying motives of the players

if someone already has a personal vision for the place
they will be oppositional to anyone competing with it

so we would want to already have a solution for that before they know we re there

The median income for the five mile radius is nearly 100,000

so people arent broke by my way of thinking
but im not sure what your cost of living is in proportion to that

and the same thing about having clear logical plan
people with money dont let it go on what they see as someone elzes absurdities or pipe dreams

We need as much foundation research as we can get
anybody that wants to help this INTENT can contribute off the bat by spending a little time on the www
anything you can think of
even stuff you know wont work may trigger someone elses mind
so right now brainstorm and research
I'll put in another hr or two on the web tonight

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177743 by
I think we have also been missing one thing: We have a lot of resources on how much this stuff costs already.

I found this today: http://www.centerformindfullearning.org/

This is kind of modern monastery in Vermont. Check this kind of stuff out. Do some research. It will help. I could see myself running one of these.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177825 by

Kitsu Tails wrote:

ghost dog wrote: the right kind of people in my opinion are the ones who do not think they know everything. and i've seen this so many times i estimate that finding the right people could simply be impossible.

haha! I don't think it has anything to do with "Knowing everything" :) Experience and logic speaks volumes over flourished dreams.

I've known alot of good people I count as friends and family and would trust with my life. But I wouldn't trust them to follow through with anything that involved Money. There has been so many times that we (my family) has had to pick up the tab because those "Right" kind of people don't follow through. Money is and always will be a problem. :) But I will bow out now. Obviously others here know more than me and I shouldn't be tracking mud in on their plans ;)

Hope to see you at the Training Camp in September! *bows*

i'm curious if you see the difference in meaning between these two sentences.

the spirit behind those who do not want a temple has spoken many times, and done so with twisted words.

there is a reason that they are not comfortable allowing others to speak of their dreams of a temple without nonsensical interjections.

i have tried to build things with people who think they know everything, but that have never built anything. the everything that they think they know overrides the actual experience that others have had building things and they can really put a stick in the spokes of a project. that is why it is important to have the right kind of people even for shoveling horse manure out of a stable. the right kind of people are those who don't act like they know everything about shoveling horse crap out of a stable, when they've never shoveled any type of manure whatsoever. they shovel the crap and get to know what is like shoveling crap. while the ones who think they know everything will spit nonsensical crap all day out their mouth and no manure will get shoveled. instead the horse manure is still on the ground and you had to listen to audio manure pouring out their mouth all day.

also some people are compatible while others are not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177832 by
I take your words as quite insulting to the work I've done for the Jedi since 2004 Ghostdog. But I will forgive on the basis that you do not know me, nor have you met me, seen my work or know what experiences I have in "Shoveling horse manure" Instead of judging me and my words as "knowing it all" you could perhaps consider them and find the value's in what I say to work towards a reasonable conclusion. *bows*

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177834 by
You are ducking the question. The horse manure parable has nothing to do with you personally. It is demonstrative of experience and logic.

The question, for you, is about your comprehension of the sentence that you quoted out of my post.

So instead of answering the question you are going to feign personal insult in an attempt to continue the agenda of the spirit of non believers?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi