Your Ideal Temple - What dreams are made of

More
9 years 3 months ago #177345 by Br. John

Jamie Stick wrote:

Br. John wrote: In the meantime there's the annual gatherings that began in 2002. This year there are two of them. June 2015 Colorado http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eventcentral/upcoming-events/2015/colorado-2015 and August 2015 Indiana http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eventcentral/upcoming-events/2015/colorado-2015 .

How many expect to attend? If not why not?

I'm not against a physical temple. I'm not against positive thinking. I agree that often it's those who attempt the ridiculous that end up achieving the miraculous. I'm also a bit realistic enough to look at the economics of a project and do some market research.

Do y'all see why this question is relevant?

Just a quick note, the Indiana Gathering link is incorrect (it just takes you to the Colorado Gathering page). You can find the Indiana Gathering 2015 here .

Thank you Jamie. I fixed the link in the original post.

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand."
~ Thomas Carlyle

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177346 by OB1Shinobi

Br. John wrote: In the meantime there's the annual gatherings that began in 2002. This year there are two of them. June 2015 Colorado http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eventcentral/upcoming-events/2015/colorado-2015 and August 2015 Indiana http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eventcentral/upcoming-events/2015/indiana-2015 .

I'm not against a physical temple. I'm not against positive thinking. I agree that often it's those who attempt the ridiculous that end up achieving the miraculous. I'm also a bit realistic enough to look at the economics of a project and do some market research.

That is fantastic
if you dont mind my sayingnso it is down to earth perspective with the initiative and experience to do relevant market research that a project like thiz needs
i mean who else but someone with experience and level headedness could make realistic assessment of exactly what the obstacles to success will be?

And isnt that one of the neccessary steps to success- honest and realistic understanding of the challenges ahead?

And i thought this quote was really cool

"I'll give you the answer to the question "What is most important to the heart of a warrior?" The answer is "To desire with one's very soul every second of every day to accomplish ones aim"

Hagakure
book of the samurai

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177361 by

Br. John wrote: In the meantime there's the annual gatherings that began in 2002. This year there are two of them. June 2015 Colorado http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eventcentral/upcoming-events/2015/colorado-2015 and August 2015 Indiana http://gatheredforcecommunity.com/index.php/eventcentral/upcoming-events/2015/indiana-2015 .

Thank you Br John for helping to spread the word *bows* I notice no one has answered yet.....Hmm....As I said before. It's nice to dream. But most of the community can't even make it to these gatherings because of Costs....If they can't submit $700 into a gathering ($500 for plain ticket $200 for gathering fee) Then a temple is out of the question.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177432 by

ParCandroon wrote:

Connor L. wrote: I don't know if I missed it... but, Par, where is that location? I know that might not be so great for your privacy, but even a state would be great to know.

Would be helpful, wouldn't it?

It's located in Vernon, New Jersey 07462

Alternatively, do a Google on "Camp Sussex Vernon NJ" and you'll get a load of articles about its closing and the recent fires. According to one article, Mel Brooks even went there as a kid and said a few words about the camp.

Not too far away from me, same length as a drive to the beach. If we WERE to use that, I'd gladly help contribute in renovating it. Of course, it isn't my decision to make

More
9 years 3 months ago #177437 by OB1Shinobi

Sha Karn wrote:

ParCandroon wrote:

Connor L. wrote: I don't know if I missed it... but, Par, where is that location? I know that might not be so great for your privacy, but even a state would be great to know.

Alternatively, do a Google on "Camp Sussex Vernon NJ" and you'll get a load of articles about its closing and the recent fires. According to one article, Mel Brooks even went there as a kid and said a few words about the camp.

Not too far away from me, same length as a drive to the beach. If we WERE to use that, I'd gladly help contribute in renovating it. Of course, it isn't my decision to make

who's decision is it?

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177440 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Sha Karn wrote:

ParCandroon wrote:

who's decision is it?

More importantly:

How much is that place going to cost?
How much is it going to cost to keep it running?
Who is going to pay that cost?
Who is going to upkeep the place?
Who is going to Stock it?
Who is going to Gaurd it?
Who is going to own the keys?
What gaurantee do you have that Jedi will convene in New Jersey? Too far for me and my already established life and family.....so.... im out...

The person who can "Make the call" is the one who can answer all of those and actually do it/follow through with it. And keep it going. *bows*

More
9 years 3 months ago #177445 by OB1Shinobi

Kitsu Tails wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Sha Karn wrote:

ParCandroon wrote:

who's decision is it?

More importantly:

What gaurantee do you have that Jedi will convene in New Jersey? Too far for me and my already established life and family.....so.... im out...

The person who can "Make the call" is the one who can answer all of those and actually do it/follow through with it. And keep it going. *bows*

Ok so understanding that buying a GINORMOUS tract of land with like 100 buildings and its own gymnasium and then turning into a temple that will stand as symbol and instrument of unity hope love courage strength peace and wisdom for the next 10,000 years (or the end of the human presence on planet earth)
is probably going to take a little bit of time and maybe even a tiny little bit of work, understanding all that

who's in?

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177447 by
as far as immediacy i think steamboat provided the most realist(ic) answer in one of these threads.

he said someone is going to have to do it on their own, and that doesn't take a whole lot of money if just a handful of people were to combine resources and effort. as simple as that seems it is difficult as getting to Jupiter and taking a dump before you crap your pants.

i'm only interjecting this because of the questions. the answer is not that much, and not that hard, but yea, easier said than done even if it don't cost a dad gum dime. because people are jerks and psychotic(i am not excluding myself!)

human compatibility is the biggest issue i see. that is why legendary rock bands break up. they still built the legend though.

OB1Shinobi, i am in.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #177448 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Sha Karn wrote:

ParCandroon wrote:

who's decision is it?

More importantly:

Ok so understanding that buying a GINORMOUS tract of land with like 100 buildings and its own gymnasium and then turning into a temple that will stand as symbol and instrument of unity hope love courage strength peace and wisdom for the next 10,000 years (or the end of the human presence on planet earth)
is probably going to take a little bit of time and maybe even a tiny little bit of work, understanding all that

who's in?

i am in

money is not that big of an issue.

it is as easy as planting a garden with a pagoda, and some shrines or meditative benches, seating with an open area for teepees, wigwams, yurts, tents, tiny homes, or ram horned kangoroo horses.

or as complex as you want it to get. the legal aspect is the biggest initial hurdle. organizational structure. forming a non profit or new religion, either associated with totjo or not.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #177464 by
OB1Shinobi, I'm in, although I won't be much help now, in a year or two I will be :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi