Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #186115 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Recording a Vlog...9 minutes in the software crashes...

9 minutes of Metsu rambling gone!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186121 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
Why can we not talk without one of us yelling?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186123 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide
Don't let me feel too wanted... or trusted... or needed now... we wouldn't want that. That would actually match what you say I am to you... and that would actually make sense... we can't have that now, can we? No. Of course not.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, rugadd,

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #186191 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Troubleshooting my washing machine was NOT what I wanted to be doing on a day off. :angry:

Edit: Fixed the problem, am a DIY goddess!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Adder, Kit, Breeze el Tierno

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186195 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic Re:Rants far and wide
My boss has developed a new hobby: revenge meetings. If someone pi***s her off, she arranges an after-hours meeting and invites the offender's entire work group to it. Then she spends 2 hours shouting at us after which we can go home. I just attended the third one if those in as many weeks.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186231 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Rants far and wide

Cyan Sarden wrote: My boss has developed a new hobby: revenge meetings. If someone pi***s her off, she arranges an after-hours meeting and invites the offender's entire work group to it. Then she spends 2 hours shouting at us after which we can go home. I just attended the third one if those in as many weeks.

legally she can't keep you after working hours unless you're getting paid to be there...at least not in the u.s. as it violates labor statutes

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 weeks ago #186261 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Why can I get amazing opera contracts and make 60 thousand dollars a year, but I can't put down a pizza?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #186263 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
Being a good person is going to kill me one day. This is why I can't live in a city with a large homeless population; giving isn't optional for me, and I'd be right there with them in the space of a month.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #186268 by Cyan Sarden

RyuJin wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote: My boss has developed a new hobby: revenge meetings. If someone pi***s her off, she arranges an after-hours meeting and invites the offender's entire work group to it. Then she spends 2 hours shouting at us after which we can go home. I just attended the third one if those in as many weeks.

legally she can't keep you after working hours unless you're getting paid to be there...at least not in the u.s. as it violates labor statutes

No such thing here in Switzerland - and we can't compensate overtime as this is part of our job assignment as defined in our contracts :-/ In my particular case (I'm a teacher) they can even make us come in on Saturdays. We're paid fairly decently so nobody dares raise the issue with the state administration, but the situation can be taxing on family / private life.
I should also say that in most companies here you can compensate overtime, just not in the teaching business.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #186309 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!

Why are you pestering me about YOUR project? That's solely for YOUR benefit? I realize that you didn't know how to do this when we started, but then I also spent FOUR ***D*MN HOURS TEACHING YOU TO DO IT, and it's not exactly rocket surgery, so why do I have to take time out of MY day to finish YOUR project for YOU when YOU know how to do it?!

Do you seriously think I have nothing better to do with my time? Do you even know how I spend my time? Do you have any idea how busy I am? And why is it that everytime YOU want something finished, I'm supposed to jump, but you've never helped me with a SINGLE. FREAKIN'. THING. you said you would?

I am so incredibly done with you.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by steamboat28.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi