Rants far and wide

More
9 years 1 month ago #183044 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
People who say "meh" when they see someone do something that took a lot of practice and hard work because they saw a professional do it better in a video. Even worse, when they have done nothing even close to it, nor could they if they tried (without the hard work that is). That is being dismissive and it is hurtful and insulting.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit, Breeze el Tierno, Loudzoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #183270 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
I'm pretty sure I said no politics! No more please!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #183289 by Edan
2 in a day :/

Yes! I know it will be difficult! Yes! I know we don't have enough! Yes! I am bloody well aware of the fact!

Stop banging me over the head with it! It doesn't help!!!!!!

If you'd like to come up with a constructive idea, please be my guest, otherwise shut up!

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Edan.

More
9 years 1 month ago #183293 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
If you promised it to them by 10am tell me before they come in at 11 looking for it. I had to stop a 2500 sheet run so I could do a 25 sheet postcard because of promise you made and never told me about. Not on the work order, not in the emails, not even a sticky note on my monitor!

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183303 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I am the bank, not the information desk! Does it say Information Desk anywhere near me? No! What does the sign behind me, all the little signs on the counter, and my name tag say on them? BANK! I know nothing about the event going on in the building today! I don't know when/where your seminar is. I know where I work, where the bathroom is, and where the closest place to get food is, THAT IS IT and quite frankly I don't want to tell you where those things are so that you don't think that you can come to me with non-bank related questions. I'm going to because I'm still a nice person, but I don't want to.

phew!

More
9 years 1 month ago #183783 by Edan
The word irregardless is a pointless word! No 'ir-' required!

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #183787 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Rants far and wide

Edan wrote: The word irregardless is a pointless word! No 'ir-' required!

:lol: i have never used that word...only regardless...to add the ir seems pointless...or like creating a double negative which would be a positive, and therefor make the word useless...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
9 years 1 month ago #183789 by Edan

RyuJin wrote:

Edan wrote: The word irregardless is a pointless word! No 'ir-' required!

:lol: i have never used that word...only regardless...to add the ir seems pointless...or like creating a double negative which would be a positive, and therefor make the word useless...

It's one of my colleagues favourite words.. for some reason I find it incredibly annoying :P

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 month ago #183790 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Rants far and wide
next time they use it grab their tongue and say:" if you want to keep this, stop using that nonsense" :evil:

:lol: :woohoo: :silly:

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #183963 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
English is frustration, I'm going back to talking gibberish! :woohoo:

Irregardless Versus Regardless
First, let's talk about irregardless. Some people mistakenly use irregardless when they mean “regardless.” Regardless means “regard less,” “without regard,” or despite something. For example, Squiggly will eat chocolate regardless of the consequences.

The prefix ir- (i-r) is a negative prefix, so if you add the prefix ir to a word that's already negative like regardless, you're making a double-negative word that literally means “without without regard.”

Language experts speculate that irregardless comes from a combination of the words regardless and irrespective and that another reason people might say "irregardless" is that they are following the pattern of words like irregular and irreplaceable. But regardless already has the -less suffix on the end, so it's not like those other words.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi