Workout Check-In Thread

More
9 years 5 months ago #168483 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Days 52 & 53 checking in

52 was no run or yoga but I did a hell of a lot of walking and that tired me out enough.
53 (today) was a 40 minutes fairly intense yoga session finishing with more work on Bakasana. My focus is a hell of a lot better now, much more like a meditation than specifically a physical workout.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168701 by
Replied by on topic Workout Check-In Thread
15 x 3 x (2 hands) 3 kg Biceps
15 x 3 Push ups
And Meditation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168707 by
I ran into a few problems with my running.

1. I have a terribly fluctuating schedule.

2. I easily forget until it's already too late.

3. I make excuses, like the ones here, for not doing it.

Anyway, I'm thinking I keep the three days a week but do something a little more outside the box. The main thing is that I want to give myself a day in between my run days so I don't feel like I'm constantly having do this.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #168734 by Edan
Days 54 and 55 checking.

54 was going to be a run but then instead I went out to dinner and stuffed my face...
55 (today) was a 65 minute run (including 5 minute cooldown). I finally ran 8k for the first time so I am bloody chuffed. I'd tell you what the best track was but the gym had the tv on so I ended up watching David Attenborough's 'Private Life of Plants' and then 'Mapman' (riveting stuff) so I don't remember what I was listening to.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Edan.

More
9 years 5 months ago #168735 by Edan

Jamie Stick wrote: I ran into a few problems with my running.

1. I have a terribly fluctuating schedule.

2. I easily forget until it's already too late.

3. I make excuses, like the ones here, for not doing it.

Anyway, I'm thinking I keep the three days a week but do something a little more outside the box. The main thing is that I want to give myself a day in between my run days so I don't feel like I'm constantly having do this.

I find it hard to stick my training plan because other people throw things in my way (like dinner!) but I think going once is better than not going at all so try not to beat yourself up too much.

I personally do yoga in my 'off' days because it's a way of doing something but it doesn't necessarily have to be too hard and you don't have to leave the house.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168772 by
15 x 3 Push ups
15 x 3 Sit ups
And Meditation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #168897 by
15 x 3 Push ups
And Meditation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169025 by
Hello everyone, as I wrote when I "introduce myself"... I like a lot sports, and I've training all my life several sports, but mainly Martial Arts and running...

Some time ago, I've been training to my daughter in athletism. She is competing at high school,and thats mean I train with her mainly on weekends. She has a professional personal trainer but I help her with my little knowledge and I like to run beside her.

This weekend I ran 4 miles each day at little less than "tempo run".... Of course, everyone knows which is his step... and how is his "tempo run"... for me "less than tempo run" is something like run at 7:30 min/mi. All depends over what distance I'm training.

Tonight a I want to run 3.8 mi..

I remember you, that my native language is Spanish and I don´t speak English very well, my apologies please...

Have a nice day! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169028 by

Epsilon wrote: Hello everyone, as I wrote when I "introduce myself"... I like a lot sports, and I've training all my life several sports, but mainly Martial Arts and running...

Some time ago, I've been training to my daughter in athletism. She is competing at high school,and thats mean I train with her mainly on weekends. She has a professional personal trainer but I help her with my little knowledge and I like to run beside her.

This weekend I ran 4 miles each day at little less than "tempo run".... Of course, everyone knows which is his step... and how is his "tempo run"... for me "less than tempo run" is something like run at 7:30 min/mi. All depends over what distance I'm training.

I remember you, that my native language is Spanish and I don´t speak English very well, my apologies please...

Welcome :D
Feel free to express your self in any way you see fit, and we will like to hear more from you :)

Unfortunately i need to check in myself too, (as i am doing everyday), so i will do that here.
Again welcome in the thread/topic :)

My check in
15 x 3 Push ups
15 x 3 Sit ups
And Meditation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169151 by

Exarchias wrote:

Epsilon wrote: Hello everyone, as I wrote when I "introduce myself"... I like a lot sports, and I've training all my life several sports, but mainly Martial Arts and running...

Welcome :D
Feel free to express your self in any way you see fit, and we will like to hear more from you :)

Unfortunately i need to check in myself too, (as i am doing everyday), so i will do that here.
Again welcome in the thread/topic :)

My check in
15 x 3 Push ups
15 x 3 Sit ups
And Meditation.

Thanks for your words and warm welcome Exarchias! :)

From time to time I'll share some of my training run, and some Martial Arts workouts or another sport.

:)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi