Workout Check-In Thread

More
10 years 2 months ago #135201 by steamboat28
I remember benedictveritas asking if people could help him out with keeping on track for this workout.

I thought "heck, i need that, too." So I thought if I came into this thread and checked in after every work-out, I'd also see all the folks who were kicking my butt at keeping on schedule. so...

I'm Mitchell, I'm trying to do a M-W-F workout schedule with the NerdFitness Beginner Bodyweight Routine , and I'm terrible at keeping schedules.

Check in!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135207 by
Replied by on topic Workout Check-In Thread
got mine done for the day :)))

More
10 years 2 months ago #135208 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Does Squadron PT count? It was rough today LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Archon

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 2 months ago #135209 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Workout Check-In Thread
I was wondering how long before a thread like this popped up!

Im in too!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135213 by
I'm in! Also, If you have a smart phone, I highly recommend the MyFitnessPal app. You can use it to track your macronutrient data as well as your workouts while encouraging each other socially. It's a cool and helpful app.

My Schedule:

Mon. Chest/Biceps

Tues. Back/Triceps

Wed. Cardio (Running, Martial Arts, etc)

Thurs. Shoulders/Traps

Fri. Legs/Abs

Sat. Cardio

Sun. Rest

3 exercises per muscle group starting with large movements to small with 45 seconds rest between sets. 4 sets, last set to failure.

Eat 6 meals a day. 3000 calories/day. 30-40g Protein with every meal. Most of my carbs in the morning and afternoon, with very little at night.

So far, I'm up to 230 lbs with 16% body fat. I want to gain 10 more lbs and get my body fat down to at least 12%.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135215 by
I'm in, I started my schedule last week funnily enough so not too far ahead.

I'm doing a 5 day per week cycle... 3 days of cardio, 2 of strength. I'm hoping to incorporate 1 session of martial arts (including Shinkendo and Aikido) as well, if the guy who runs the classes ever actually gets back to me.

Got my cardio done today.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135217 by
I'm halfway in, some upper body weights, light abs and 10 mmin on the ellliptical today. First time in a week after a slight injury, going kinda easy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135218 by

tzb wrote: I'm in, I started my schedule last week funnily enough so not too far ahead.

I'm doing a 5 day per week cycle... 3 days of cardio, 2 of strength. I'm hoping to incorporate 1 session of martial arts (including Shinkendo and Aikido) as well, if the guy who runs the classes ever actually gets back to me.

Got my cardio done today.

For Martial Arts training at home, may I suggest Master Chong's YouTube channel for an excellent video series on taekwondo forms using the old Palgwe patterns rather than the modern ones. The Palgwe Poomsae were based on Japanese Kata and Chinese Kung Fu. I like them for foundational exercise and moving meditation far better than the current accepted Taekwondo curriculum. Here is a link to the Red belt form which is an advanced form. You can search through his channel for lower forms all the way to white. His introduction videos to each belt gives excellent insight to what core lessons should be focused on at each belt level. My uncle, Tom Tehonica, is a good friend of Master Chong and also my Grandmaster. Together they are leading the American Taekowndo Team to the Gold in the upcoming Olympics. My uncle also trains the US Army Mountain Rangers in hand-to-hand combat.

I hope these help!

The link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O2MmjG02g0

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #135225 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Did S2 today, and S1+ cardio yesterday.

I'll use a nomenclutre of S1,S2,W1,W2,W3 to represent my two types of summer workout, and three types of winter workout. My gym is in my garage and has no aircon, so in summer it gets too hot to do too much. Its one of those Total Gym machines for S1, and just dumbell's hitting shoulders for S2. I use a free weight 3 day split in winter because I can spend more time and effort in my 'gym'.

I'm experimenting with bringing dairy back into my diet and I must say I think it's improved results a lot (pity it gives m a bit of dermatitis).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135232 by
Did mine yesterday and gonna get my next one in tomorrow. Yesterday consisted of:

1. Swissball Jackknife
2A. Single-leg Barbell Straight-leg Deadlift
2B. Barbell Row
3A. Barbell Squat
3B. Barbell Bench Press
4. Stationary Bike (10 minutes)

Tomorrow, I'm doing the following:

1. Static Back Extensions (60 sec hold)
2A. Barbell Split Squat
2B. Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
3A. Barbell Deadlift
3B. Shoulder Press (or Lateral Raise)