Lucas Film intel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8996 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lucas Film intel
DK, I like the shower example because as Jedi every day is a holy day and every minute a precious gem.

If anyone ever completes the basic classes I have one planned all about the corruption of religion and the evilness of religion. In the days leading to the schism I was accused of making this up as a money making project and I hope that we eventually do make lots of money through surplus donations, selling things from CafePress.com, ID cards, books etc so we can do things like give scholarships, give micro loans to folks in developing countries to start businesses and other fun things we can think of.

Our nobody gets paid policy is what saves us from corruption.

I know that you are a better person than those mealy mouth hypocrites on TV that make a fortune with most of it comping from upper middle age widows. You are a better person that those MF's at that 'church' that pickets soldiers funerals. I could go on and yes I am judging.

Since the aforementioned folks are tax exempt and get the perks of being clergy should not you and The Order be entitled to at least the same?

I say church sometimes because I'm used to legal language and it's a generic term used by the courts and the IRS but we are a Temple and I never even thought of calling us Church of the Jedi Order. Yuck. I bet you and a lot of folks would feel the same.

I'm using you as an example but this goes for everyone here as far as I know. They'll be folks who get a ministers license so they can make a little money do marriages but I don't think that's evil. They are doing a service and I'm considering charging non-participating members who are licensed ministers an annual renewal fee.

I'm glad you bring these things up because it brings these things out in the open and religion and church are loaded terms so lets go ahead an shoot them.

I think churches should pay tax just like everyone else but I'm going to take advantage of the fact that they don't in the hope of building funds, not to pay employees, but to do the good works like I mentioned and I know you can think of more.

I like the term community to describe us personally.

MTFBWY,

M (Br. John)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8997 by
DK, I like the shower example because as Jedi every day is a holy day and every minute a precious gem.

If anyone ever completes the basic classes I have one planned all about the corruption of religion and the evilness of religion. In the days leading to the schism I was accused of making this up as a money making project and I hope that we eventually do make lots of money through surplus donations, selling things from CafePress.com, ID cards, books etc so we can do things like give scholarships, give micro loans to folks in developing countries to start businesses and other fun things we can think of.

Our nobody gets paid policy is what saves us from corruption.

I know that you are a better person than those mealy mouth hypocrites on TV that make a fortune with most of it comping from upper middle age widows. You are a better person that those MF's at that 'church' that pickets soldiers funerals. I could go on and yes I am judging.

Since the aforementioned folks are tax exempt and get the perks of being clergy should not you and The Order be entitled to at least the same?

I say church sometimes because I'm used to legal language and it's a generic term used by the courts and the IRS but we are a Temple and I never even thought of calling us Church of the Jedi Order. Yuck. I bet you and a lot of folks would feel the same.

I'm using you as an example but this goes for everyone here as far as I know. They'll be folks who get a ministers license so they can make a little money do marriages but I don't think that's evil. They are doing a service and I'm considering charging non-participating members who are licensed ministers an annual renewal fee.

I'm glad you bring these things up because it brings these things out in the open and religion and church are loaded terms so lets go ahead an shoot them.

I think churches should pay tax just like everyone else but I'm going to take advantage of the fact that they don't in the hope of building funds, not to pay employees, but to do the good works like I mentioned and I know you can think of more.

I like the term community to describe us personally.

MTFBWY,

M (Br. John)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8998 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Lucas Film intel
Just to add to this. Is a religion really evil? Or anymore than a gun or money? Or are the doers in the wrong? No religion, no politics, no institution, no club...is free from error. Maybe not even this Temple. Where there are humans there is always error. We all have a choice: we can spend our time riding on the mistakes; we can fly high in the clouds seeing everything as being rosy; we can try to change, learn and improve.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8999 by

Is a religion really evil? Or anymore than a gun or money? Or are the doers in the wrong? No religion, no politics, no institution, no club...is free from error. Maybe not even this Temple.

You are right but I said may be evil not must be.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #9000 by Jon
Sorry Br.John, I can`t manage to open this.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9008 by
is that to say that guns and money are evil? or am I just misreading?

*things* are not evil...

*MEN* are evil...men's *hearts* are evil...

things are just things...

Timothy 14:10 \"For the love of MONEY is the ROOT of ALL evil..\"

Hell, I am not even Christian, and this makes PERFECT sense to me!

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #9013 by Jon
KeyanFlamecloud wrote:

*things* are not evil...

Lol. No I did not say this. Indeed to claim an inaminate object is evil would be rediculous.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #9014 by Jon
I said that a concept or inanimate object is a medium through which the doer expresses his/her intent, whether for good or bad.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #9019 by Jon
:ohmy: That was a great example. I have to admit that as a Christian Jedi I coul`n`t have done better myself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #9021 by
KeyanFlamecloud wrote:

*things* are not evil...

This is a false analogy. Religion is not an inanimate object and cannot exist without people so when I say religion can be evil it's a given that it's the person or people who make it evil.

I did not think I had to be so specific like saying \"Please draw me a round circle.:P

BTW: If God can do anything can she make herself cease to exist and could she make a rock so heavy that she could not pick it up?

I'm replying to your post Master Keyan but the post is directed to everyone.

M (Br. John+)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi