Without support

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8788 by
Replied by on topic Re:Without support
I understand completely, Anora. I myself feel as though the only person I have offline at this time is my partner, my girlfriend. She's there for me no matter what. It really is nice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8789 by
I was in a relationship for many years. People who I thought were my friends ( who also happen to be councillors), began to analyze me and not tell me where things were going and telling me everything that was wrong with me and came to the conclusion that I was abused as a child. My relationship ended after many years. I had verbal abuse to the point of people placing negative thoughts at me and I started to believe they were true. My significant other at the time was doing the same thing. Putting me down. They weren't looking at themselves and seeing how it was affecting me. By the end of it I lost a house and 11 years,and told I would not succeed and believed it. These people are no longer in my life. It was their choice.

Within one year after the lawyers hammered out a deal where I lost a lot , and all the dust settled, I met someone new. We got married. I went back to College and graduated with an 81 percent average. Now I have two College diplomas. I gained a family of four children and I have one on the way. Next month. I changed jobs. Celebrated an anniversary. I'm learning a new language because my wife is french and the kids are bilingual. One of my stepdaughters is so attached to me that she tells everyone I am her dad and not her stepdad. And my wife and I made this all happen together.

This is why I say that sometimes people come and go and you learn from experience, and who knows what will happen in five years or ten. And the true friends will stick by you. I have one I've known for 25 years and he helped me out when things got rough. He was the best man at my wedding. He knows me well.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8814 by
WOW, sounds like you realy went threw a lot. I pray none of us never have to go threw any of that. Thank you for your story though, and congrats on how far you fell and pulled yourself back up.

\"Why do we fall, sir? So that we might better learn to pick ourselves up.\"
Alfred Pennyworth
Batman Begins

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9179 by
this was a very touching story to me and I am glad to see you having pulled yourself up again ... that's the most important thing ... nevertheless we should accept that falling is a part of life as well as rising is, so we shall not drown in depression ...

i currently experience too, a lack of support in my environment ... sometimes it is really frustrating because people you value and love just don't want to see a good thing about this and show you their ignorance in a way I would not have expected it ... it sometimes really hurts when close people are being repellent in a sort of way and sometimes again pitiful like I was suffering from a disease ... but I'M NOT !!!

sometimes this is really giving me a hard time, so yes, i know whats meant ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9201 by
My best friend actually introduced me to Jediism, and he told me later he was very scared that I would mock him....but he should have known better...since we have been friends for over 16 years and several marriages. I embraced the concept just as strongly as he did and we even made up Jedi names for ourselves using the same last name. Dabri`Meem...which is a merging of the letters of our names. We are brothers in everything but blood. Hell we share parents even....

But for my family they mock the idea and consider it to be fan based no matter what we say or have them read. They just do not understand.

I put a TOTJO bumper sticker on the back of my truck and have been repeatedly mocked by co-workers and strangers..

But yet I haven't lost the concept or the faith. Still here a year after being introduced to Jediism.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi