Without support

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8588 by
Replied by on topic Re:Without support? Try This.
To true, well, i guess i can do what i have always done and turn my cheeks. I just don't get kicked from doing that. I may be optimist but i can see the realist side of things.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8592 by
I'm a fan of greivous words myself! I'm sure you've all noticed, lol. I just feel, its better to beat someone at their own game. If they are talking down on your belief trying to make you feel bad about them, do it back, but do it smartly and know what your talking about, eventually in a last grasp of not to lose, they will say something along the lines of, \"they were just messing with you\" or \"I guess its not so bad, but I still think.....\". If you beat them at another game, its just not as fun.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8593 by
I'm a fan of greivous words myself! I'm sure you've all noticed, lol. I just feel, its better to beat someone at their own game. If they are talking down on your belief trying to make you feel bad about them, do it back, but do it smartly and know what your talking about, eventually in a last grasp of not to lose, they will say something along the lines of, \"they were just messing with you\" or \"I guess its not so bad, but I still think.....\". If you beat them at another game, its just not as fun.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8598 by
Replied by on topic Re:Without support
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

Currently off-line i feel like i have very little support, i have 2 friends that do not judge me on my choices, no matter how bazzar they may be. Trust me, i can be pretty darn bazzar. Everyone of my friends knows about me, and from some people, i feel very judged by, especially the type that feel they have a very good grip on their reality. I am greatful for the people that are supportive and for everyone here who i know is supportive of me and of everyone else who may frequent these halls. I just wish that at times i had a few more people that would not be judging of me off-line. I am sure many of you have gone threw similar but i just wanted to vent.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Just remember a few things. You are searching for who you are. That is one of the reasons why you are here. Another thing is that the people who judge you should only look upon themselves for their faults and then compare whether they have the right to point a finger at you. What they are doing is wrong. It is wrong because they likely don't know you for who you are. As you grow older and wiser, these people who judge will no longer make a difference. Some of them may no longer be part of your life in a few years. The person that can make a difference is you. So be who you are. Make a difference in the world and don't let these people get to you.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8607 by
Thank you, and good one. May your wisdom guide those in need of it for all your life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8775 by
To add something else... In General

Just think where you are now. Where those other people are in your life. Then think whether they will be in your life in five years. Maybe ten years. Peoples lives change. Careers, love, family and friends. Where you live. How you transport yourself from one place to another and the people you meeet along the way. Opinions change. How significant are these people in your life? How important is their opinion? Do you respect them? Do they respect you? If they respect you and know you well, they should know better than to judge you or make comments. They should also think of your feelings and whether or not they are being hurtful and disrespectful. If they are treating you with disrespect, are they truly your friends? Are they worth knowing at all?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8776 by
be mindful of your thoughts they can betray you. seperation is an illusion, an illusion is a form of deception, deception can lead to fear, etc. etc. etc.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #8778 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Without support
Ridan Whimid wrote:

To add something else... In General

Just think where you are now. Where those other people are in your life. Then think whether they will be in your life in five years. Maybe ten years. Peoples lives change. Careers, love, family and friends. Where you live. How you transport yourself from one place to another and the people you meeet along the way. Opinions change. How significant are these people in your life? How important is their opinion? Do you respect them? Do they respect you? If they respect you and know you well, they should know better than to judge you or make comments. They should also think of your feelings and whether or not they are being hurtful and disrespectful. If they are treating you with disrespect, are they truly your friends? Are they worth knowing at all?

To know what you mean to others, whether friends will be there in five years or so...is I thinks very difficult to discern and questionable as to the effort involved in breaking your head over it. Also I would think that strangers will be judging of your person in the light of what you do, but friends might be more concerned about your person by what you are doing. It is also understandable that Jediism as a serious belief is beyond a lot of people`s comprehension. To expect otherwise is asking too much. Authenticity and constancy in our actions should speak for us.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8780 by
Well said. Thank you for that quote from Yoda! Smart one Yoda is. Says few words, but says lots.

More
16 years 5 months ago #8786 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Without support
I agree with you Ridan Whimid, we are searching for our own identities and many of the people who cannot understand what we are, may not be involved in our lives as time goes by.

Now, I am blessed with a spouse and family that is behind me and our path 100%, I enjoy the close support so many are seeking. But it was not always this good...

I have practiced our way for a very long time. In the past when others have learned how I felt there had been a mix of reactions ranging from shocked looks to open ridicule. These people have come and gone or just gave up trying to covert me back to...what? their way? That was some time ago, and I am glad to say that reactions have been a little more mellow as of late.
Not perfect but better.

For the most part I believe that because of the success of the recent films more of the general public has a base knowledge of what the Jedi were about. I still get the shocked looks but they tend to slip away quickly with many returning to inquire about \"what is out there\" in terms of groups and beliefs, that sort of thing.

Since I joined less that a year ago we (the Temple) have grown by almost four hundred members and continue to gain every day. More people are seeking a better way and a good number are looking at Jediism for answers.

This may not be the everyday support we would like to experience with our spouses and co-workers, but it is support and our Temple is world wide and is in turn again only a small part of a growing global Jedi community.

I say that we as Jedi are our own support, our dedication to our way and to each other is what makes us strong . We may live all over the globe but with today's technology, we are all only a click away!

Now that I've made the most sappiest speech ever, :blink:
MTFBWUA

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi