Without support

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8511 by
Without support was created by
Currently off-line i feel like i have very little support, i have 2 friends that do not judge me on my choices, no matter how bazzar they may be. Trust me, i can be pretty darn bazzar. Everyone of my friends knows about me, and from some people, i feel very judged by, especially the type that feel they have a very good grip on their reality. I am greatful for the people that are supportive and for everyone here who i know is supportive of me and of everyone else who may frequent these halls. I just wish that at times i had a few more people that would not be judging of me off-line. I am sure many of you have gone threw similar but i just wanted to vent.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8514 by
Replied by on topic Re:Without support
I understand what you mean. I have two friends as well that don't judge me for who I am and what I believe here where I live right now. One openly discusses Jediism with me. Then I have a very large group of former co-workers that love to mock me behind my back and to other friends of mine. It comes with the territory. I am not who I am to please other people. Just because they are so narrow minded that they are unable to accept who I am and what I believe, then that is their loss. The same goes for you.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8515 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Without support
My life is so diverse and changing that I don`t really know what normal is. Lol, thank goodness for that. So I always met with sceptisism and smirks. As far as my Jedi vocation is concerned, this is no different. That I am a Master, Arch-Bishop and Doctor is not taken so seriously especially from my Christian friends.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8517 by
Replied by on topic Re:Without support
LOL, well the good news is that my fiancee is finally, not totally accepting, but he has sort of stopped putting this place down. Some new developments that i have told him about has changed his mind from mocking to just letting things be as they are. I have been a member of many different forum that he doesn't like, but i am glad that he has decided to just let things happen. he commented that one of the best things about me is that i am an adventure. He never knows what he is going to be waking up to.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8519 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Without support
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

LOL, well the good news is that my fiancee is finally, not totally accepting, but he has sort of stopped putting this place down. Some new developments that i have told him about has changed his mind from mocking to just letting things be as they are. I have been a member of many different forum that he doesn't like, but i am glad that he has decided to just let things happen. he commented that one of the best things about me is that i am an adventure. He never knows what he is going to be waking up to.

...hmmmm! Lol, sounds like something from my experiences with my wife. What a small world.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8523 by
Replied by on topic Re:Without support? Try This.
This is a response to everyone. Print out our creed and beliefs and keep it with you. If someone has something to say tell them, \"I'm interested in your opinion so would you please mark the parts you don't agree with and tell me why.\"

This is usually a show stopper because when someone actually tries to do this it either makes them look either stupid or mean. Don't get into the sixteen teachings just use this.

You really can't know the fun of this until you try it and best of all you're being absolutely polite.

As I've said from day one about Jediism: THE TRUTH FEARS NO QUESTION.

Print this.

THE JEDI CREED

I Believe in The Living Force Of Creation ;

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

I am a Jedi.
I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
In pardoning that we are pardoned;
And in dying that we are born to eternal life.

The Living Force Of Creation is always with me; I am a Jedi.

JEDI BELIEVE;

* In the inherent worth of every person. People are worthy of respect, support, and caring simply because they are human.
* In working towards a culture that is relatively free of discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, degree of ability, age, etc.
* In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment including the death penalty. (1)
* In the importance of democracy within religious, political and other structures.
* In the separation of church and state; and the freedoms of speech, association, and expression. (2)
* That the systems of truth in the field of morals, ethics, and religious belief that we have studied are not absolute: they vary by culture, by religion, and over time.
* In the generally positive influence that most religions have had on their followers and on society. (3)
* In the importance of individual believers determining evil influences and policies within their chosen faith group, and advocate for their correction.
* In the importance of education. We believe that people are not truly educated unless they have studied at least the world's major religions and ethical systems. They need to learn of the good and bad impacts they have had on society. (4)

Footnotes, mainly about exceptions:

1. However, like the rest of North American society, we have not been able to reach a consensus about when human life, in the form of a spermatozoon and an ovum, becomes a human person deserving civil rights.
2. However we have not been able to reach a consensus about the age at which an individual should fully enjoy these freedoms. We also recognize that some of these freedoms should have limits. For example, we do not feel that, in most cases, parents should be allowed to let their children die if medical treatment will assure a cure. We do not feel that individuals should be free to advocate genocide or yell \"fire\" in a crowded theatre.
3. Exceptions are a handful of destructive cults which have had an overall negative effect.
4. They need to understand the religious sources that inspired Gandhi, Albert Schweitzer, and Mother Teresa to commit their life to the alleviation of human suffering. But they also need to learn the shadow side of religion: how religious beliefs have contributed to hatred, intolerance, oppression, discrimination, as well as mass murders and genocides in such places as Nazi Germany, Bosnia, East Timor, Kosovo, Northern Ireland, the Middle East, Sudan and countless other countries.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 6 months ago #8525 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Without support? Try This.
Quite true Darth Maleficus. Sometimes the best weapon is politeness.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8533 by
I hadn't thought of that, good one. And trust me, i like to make people feel so bad for hurting me in so way by doing everything i possibly can for the person. I know that seems a little mean but in truth, i am actually being uber polite.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8579 by
i know this sounds cliche but turn the other cheek.

all of us have and are going to have people who mock us. mine at first came from my own mother. then i showed her my ministry certificate and (after a fair amount of mockery) she became curious. i showed her the site and she read it and now finds it to be insightful and a good use of time. she's now my biggest supporter.
i have lucked out with a friend and a girlfriend that i can talk to.

people are always going to see things for what they want not what they are. remember most of the things we cling to depend on our point of view.

we all can understand your feelings because none of us are what people would call the \"normal\" people. that's what makes us fun and wise. einstein wasn't the norm nor was shakespeare, or mark twain, or Stephen Hawking, or George lucas.
and all of them have been mocked and harassed more than any of us. but look what they did.

you are where people love you and support you. the force brought you here and we are glad. hold on and trust in the force, not only is it with you but so are all of us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8582 by
stevef wrote:

i know this sounds cliche but turn the other cheek.

all of us have and are going to have people who mock us. mine at first came from my own mother. then i showed her my ministry certificate and (after a fair amount of mockery) she became curious. i showed her the site and she read it and now finds it to be insightful and a good use of time. she's now my biggest supporter.
i have lucked out with a friend and a girlfriend that i can talk to.

people are always going to see things for what they want not what they are. remember most of the things we cling to depend on our point of view.

we all can understand your feelings because none of us are what people would call the \"normal\" people. that's what makes us fun and wise. einstein wasn't the norm nor was shakespeare, or mark twain, or Stephen Hawking, or George lucas.
and all of them have been mocked and harassed more than any of us. but look what they did.

you are where people love you and support you. the force brought you here and we are glad. hold on and trust in the force, not only is it with you but so are all of us.

I can only add;

A Soft Answer Turneth Away Wrath. \"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.\" -Ambrose Bierce ...

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

M

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi