2 Resons Why Star Wars is Better than Star Trek

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8419 by
The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an anti-matter unit and a crew of twenty just to go into warp. The Millenium Falcon does the same thing with just R2-D2 and a Wookie

Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with one glance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8420 by
i definately wrote an essay comparing and contrasting these

More
16 years 6 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #8489 by Garm
Try this take on the subject:

The Star Trek Point of View

Data-
Captain Picard, Sensors show an unidentified craft has just dropped out of warp off our port bow.

Warf-
Shields Captain?

Picard-
Lets not show any undue hostility. Open Hailing frequencies “This is Captain Picard of the Starship Enterprise, we are on a peacefull exploration mission, Please respond.

The Star Wars Imperial Point of View

Deck Officer-
Lord Vader, we have encountered a small unidentified vessel when we dropped out of hyperspace. They are attempting to communicate.

Vader-
On an Imperial coded channel?

Deck Officer-
No my Lord.

Vader-
There will be no one to stop us this time Commander!!! Blast it! tear that ship appart!!

;)

I just love these!!!!!
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Garm.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #8493 by Jon
Lenny wrote:

Try this take on the subject:

The Star Trek Point of View

Data-
Captain Picard, Sensors show an unidentified craft has just dropped out of warp off our port bow.

Warf-
Shields Captain?

Picard-
Lets not show any undue hostility. Open Hailing frequencies “This is Captain Picard of the Starship Enterprise, we are on a peacefull exploration mission, Please respond.

The Star Wars Imperial Point of View

Deck Officer-
Lord Vader, we have encountered a small unidentified vessel when we dropped out of hyperspace. They are attempting to communicate.

Vader-
On an Imperial coded channel?

Deck Officer-
No my Lord.

Vader-
There will be no one to stop us this time Commander!!! Blast it! tear that ship appart!!

;)

I just love these!!!!!

Bshp Lenny
Master Jedi.

Lol. Love that!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8508 by
LOL, that was great but unfortunately i can't decide which i like better, i was raised around Trek more then Wars so it is a toss up. I must admit that there are a lot of really good aspects of Star Wars but i liked the depth they gave Trek. So, it;s up in the air for me.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8528 by
I grew up on the old Trek and am old enough that I saw the original Star Wars when it came out in the theatres. So It was quite an experience for me. I remember going out on halloween after the first Star Wars movie came out. A buddy of mine and I used a garbage can and a stainless steeel bowl to make an R2D2 to carry our candy. We both were Jedi of course.. using a flashlight and a tube of paper to create the lightsaber blade.
That being said, and a ferw decades later.. I have a master replica lightsaber now, and will be using it this year to walk my stepdaughter through the neighborhood and to my work.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 6 months ago #8530 by Neaj Pa Bol
Ridan Whimid wrote:

I grew up on the old Trek and am old enough that I saw the original Star Wars when it came out in the theatres. So It was quite an experience for me. I remember going out on halloween after the first Star Wars movie came out. A buddy of mine and I used a garbage can and a stainless steeel bowl to make an R2D2 to carry our candy. We both were Jedi of course.. using a flashlight and a tube of paper to create the lightsaber blade.
That being said, and a ferw decades later.. I have a master replica lightsaber now, and will be using it this year to walk my stepdaughter through the neighborhood and to my work.

Well there are a few of us \"Oldies but goodies\" that can attest to both. Star Trek was the beginning of the Sci-fi generation for me and can remember at 12 when Star Wars first premeired, My Step-sister took me to it in Walnut Creek, Ca for a sister's day out. Let's just say I was hooked lock stock and barrel.

Star Trek for me started off the futuristic play with the toys as a child, then came Logans Run, where friends and I would glue jems into our palms that would only stay for a little while..... then came Star Wars where the ideas of what could be began..... Now my grandson is into Star Wars and can do a pretty fair duel when he wants too.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8538 by
I saw a clip on youtube where someone had put together an encounter between the Enterprise and an Imperial Star Destroyer carrying Darth Vader. It was hilarious. I grew admist these two SciFi giants and find very positive aspects in each. I think they should make a movie with the both of them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8578 by
hmmm... tough call...
if kirk picked up a lightsaber he'd cut his arms, legs, and hairpiece off.
but we still have to bow before the man who get the girl in the itty bitty tin foil bikini on every planet he goes to...
but the rebels had a wookie and kirk wore one on his head...
the enterprise had transporters so there was less taking shuttles down to moons of endor.
kirk would have beamed jar jar into space and we still don't know why the jedi, sith or anyone left him alive (come on ALL the jedi die and no one can stop by Jar Jar's place?!?)
the jedi have mind tricks but kirk had roofies...

i think it's a toss up.
:)

More
16 years 6 months ago #8675 by Garm
Ah but Kirk is an icon, I grew up watching James T smooze his way through the galaxy...So if I went back and used Kirk instead of Picard I would have Kirk with one arm around Leia's waist trying to smooch with her while engaging Vader in fisticuffs with his other hand. All the while the only damage that Vader could inflict would be the shoulder tear of Kirks uniform top. In the background Dr. McCoy would be saying to Vader, Dammit Lord Vader, your breathing...I'm a Doctor, not a miracle worker!!! :P

Br. Lenny

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi