2 Resons Why Star Wars is Better than Star Trek

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9064 by
First off I am upset that you only asked for two reasons. I'll admit star trek was way before my time. That doesn't change the fact that it sucks. There are only a handful of things that get me goin, and Star Trek is one of em. Since the first time I saw Vader on screen, I knew that he could kick Spock's neck-pinching ass! Most of the things I don't like I have come to find out are due to my lack of knowledge. But there are two things that I will never like, Star Trek and U2. Maybe it is just the campiness of the show, but I never liked it. Come on, how many green chicks can you nail in one galaxy and not catch something?

1. Kirk is a bad captain, \"Hold my phaser while I crack this alien chick\"

2. Nobody likes a smart mouth, Spock!

3. We know you are just a doctor. Take a quaalude and calm down Bones!

4. If you need more power, just teleport down to the planet. The whole party NEVER comes back. Less weight equals more power!

I could go on with my gripes all night, this will have to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9076 by
Both Star Wars and Star Trek are before my time but personally I kind of prefer Star Trek, this is because there are episodes instead of films and because of this there is more action in Star Trek. Also I enjoy watching the huge space battles which are rare but really good. Personally the only good thing in Star Wars are the Jedi, if they were not in there then the entire Star Wars series would have completely failed very quickly especially nowadays when there are so many war films.

Also the ships in Star Trek are a lot cooler. I would much rather have the Enterprise than the Millennium Falcon.

More
16 years 5 months ago #9084 by Garm
I have always had a soft spot for the \"fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy\". I would love to see a game based around being Han Solo before the Star Wars era, where we could smuggle and make deals with the Hutts and others like him...too Cool.

I agree with the Star wars comment, without the Jedi adding a mystical element, then Star Wars is just another space war flick with great special effects. We probably wouldn't be here online together without the movie version.

To come back to classic trek being campie and hokey and all that sort of thing. It certainly is, I think that's what adds to its charm, we know that when we tune in the story lines will be super shallow and the regularly repeated cheezy lines will be ever present, Bill Shatners unique acting style still makes eyes roll, but I wouldn't trade him off for other actor, and we know that Lt so-and-so in the red shirt is going to be in big trouble when he goes planet side. But in the end Kirk is gonna get the green, blue or whatever, skantly clad woman he meets, the \"bad\" guys are gonna get 'theirs\" and the mission will contune next week.

The show was written in a time when the biggest thing on TV were westerns, Gene admits that Star Trek was just \"wagon train to the stars\" He wrote it that way because if he didn't it would have never gotten off the ground, pardon the pun. Cmplete with the best cowboy elements of fist fights in the saloon, a little gun play, and the show's closing shot of the Enterpise flying off into the sunset...of sorts. Wow, when I was twelve there was nothing to compare...

Combine the two together to get very unlikely outcomes...simply unending laughter. Lets keep it up, I'm sure that we have only scraped the surface of this topic...

add Space Balls into the fray...
John Candy's version of Chewbacca comes to mind.
\"I'm a mog, half man, half dog; I'm my own best friend.\"

Or:

Darth Helmet to commander of the star destroyer \"Whats the matter Colonel Sanders...Chicken?\"

Such wonderful stuff...

I love to see the light side ha,ha of things.

MTFBWUA,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9098 by
HA HA! Space Balls, such a brilliant spoof of Star Wars. Don't forget Pizza The Hut!

Also Star Trek had to have all of the same sort of things going on in it because otherwise the Americans would not let the show go on air, they wanted the same sort of stuff that was already on. And by the way Picard is better then Kirk (the eternal argument between who is the better captain continues)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #9174 by
well i personally don't like Star rek that much, ok ... the charachters are quite good, the story though isn't what I like ... I don't know why, I simply prefer Star Wars ... maybe even because it shows, that machines (R2-D2) or even beings who might seem primitve (Wookies) play an important role too and aren't just stupid but sometimes really invenitve

nevertheless i have to agree that space balls is a hilarious movie, we watched it last year in my physics lessen (i dont have a clue why ^^) but it was awesome ... and of course yoghurt is displayed perfectly there XD

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi