Kony 2012

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 2 months ago #52875 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Kony 2012
Uganda, DRC, you name it They all have their fair share of local whackos. You don't need a charity to point at one in particular to know that.

I keep my stance on "outsiders should remain outside". If neither side gets support, the fight is fairer. And the harder it is, the greater the rewards. Don't help people who don't help themselves. People who work hard for something defend it with their lives.

If the side that is supposed to be good has a will and no hope, that seems like zombies vs. zombies to me. That situation negates any possible end to the conflict.

Will + hope is fine. Hope on its own isn't. moreover warlords dont disappear through lovey-dovey diplomacy. You could get large foreign armed forces involved they still end up reapearing. If people don't stand up for what they desire and don't go to any length to obtain it, they never get it.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #52876 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kony 2012
I'm sure many of you will disagree with me but I am against the Kony 2012 campaign, don't get me wrong I believe he is a terrible person who needs to be caught but the "charity" that is running this campaign is very corrupt and gives uses a small portion of the donations for actual work, most of it is kept for personal gain.

Also the campaign will be ineffective, firstly the UN are already looking for him but he is in hiding making him hard to find, and making people more aware of him and making them recognize him will only make him stay in hiding and be more careful about being seen. And making him famous in first world countries, where almost all the computers with internet access are located won't help as I am certain that he is not in the US or the UK or any other first world countries, countries like Uganda have very few computers, so making people recognize him in these countries wont help as they will not see him, it is only in Uganda and neighbouring countries that need to recognize him.

Therefore this internet campaign will not help catch him as recognizing him outside of Uganda won't help. And if everyone recognized him he would be more careful making it harder for him to be found. And donating won't help and is just giving people money when they won't do anything for it. Please just stop making such a huge deal out of this and let the UN carry on trying to find him and bring him to justice.

further reading: http://www.sabotagetimes.com/life/kony-2012-why-im-opposed-to-the-campaign/

P.s. If you have read this far thank you, I know many of you will have given up by now. And I would just like to stress that I do think he is an evil man who needs to be caught and I have no doubt everyone who post and shares about this man have done so with good intentions.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

More
12 years 2 months ago #52879 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Kony 2012

ren wrote: I keep my stance on "outsiders should remain outside". If neither side gets support, the fight is fairer. And the harder it is, the greater the rewards. Don't help people who don't help themselves. People who work hard for something defend it with their lives.

Not going to happen I'm afraid so its either ignore it or confront it in some way. Since mining is involved so heavily now in Africa, in particular with the Chinese who along with Russia supply weapons (apparantly, and perhaps even ignoring UN embargo's) to whoever is in power at the time over there (probably for security of said mining), its really a case of trying to get the best out of many bad outcomes IMO.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 2 months ago #52886 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Kony 2012
Where there's a will, there's a way. My ancestors faced their king's army and defeated him, those who supported him, and the church (and its powerful allies in rome). It is the peasants and their pitchforks who won. Not the powerful, better armed bad guys. Will is everything.

You can not win against people who have nothing to lose. That's the problem with muslim terrorists actually. Once they believe terrorism is right (because they get 72 virgins or some other reason), they will win.... Because no-one can compete with that.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi