Anyone know of any relaxing tracks?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45224 by
Ok so I have tried meditation on more than one occasion probably more close to 50. Every single time tho I fidget and cant stop feeling my bodies energy racing through me. I am what you call "ADHD" and so therefore I know a secret I was taught in elementary to still my mind and help me concentrate on imagination type excericises such as "Visualize a babbling brook, see the color red blah blah" BUT I can't do it without the suggestions for i have not been able to teach my mind to slow down and anytime I try to imagine a blue ball or a figure it starts to spin and I literally fight with my mind to have it still and even then it goes half way resets and repeats. So I have some serious concentration problems! So anyone know where I can get audio tracks of such or have a suggestion on how to slow down my mind?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #45226 by Wescli Wardest
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Put it in the CD player and hit repeat. Usually works for me.

Of course, I love classical. So my opinion may be a bit bias.

Monastic Order of Knights

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #45227 by Adder
My initial reaction would be to let the blue ball spin and visualize yourself meditating next to the blue ball, seperate yourself from the ball and allow your racing energy to remain with the ball while your calm self sits in its presence... and continue to seperate yourself from the energy in that way perhaps as the focal point of the meditation, let the ADHD fuel the balls movement seperate from your other meditation self. If its a source of power then you might need to seperate yourself from it in that sort of way to best be able to control it. Not what your asking but I thought I'd post anyway!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
12 years 5 months ago #45228 by Wescli Wardest
Also, I would suggest looking at:

Exercise IV Lesson 3 Meditation by Allan Watts

From the study program.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45243 by
I kind of had the same problem.. solved it mostly by walking around a park where I live, being in nature, and meditating while walking. It helps me focus anyway. When I just want to let go and not really focus on anything, I sit and listen to sounds of the ocean while meditating. I can usually make it for about 10-15 mins at least.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #45247 by Jestor
My meditating is the hardest thing I do.... That sitting still variety...

Does your body get jumpy as well?

The Allen Watts lesson, referred to already said, to quit trying to fight your own brain...

Be physical... Try a workout...

Cesar Milan, The Dog Whisperer, says some dogs get neurotic from lack of exercise... This is why he says daily walks for them are so important...

If that's true for dogs, how about people, I've wondered... Still wonder.... lol...

Don't try to still your thought. By thinking of stilling your thoughts...

That's like trying to hold your body perfectly rigid, you still start to sway after a bit...

Workout first...

My understanding of meditation, is not a "blank mind", but rather the concentrated concentration of thought...

I hear people say, this way, it that way...

When I do Martial Arts my mind is blank...

If, I remember correctly, there is another form/style of meditation called moving meditation...

I've noticed, at times, when I'm mowing, doing my TKD, electrical wiring something easy, my mind often goes neutral...

Not always do the soothing tones work either...

I have also noticed sensory overload kind of music, Eminem, ICP, Metallica, seem to stop my brain from splitting into to many directions at once... Not all the time, but since that's my favorite styles, usually... I do enjoy, Bach, Tchaikovsky (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies is probably my most favorite classical), Beethoven.... There's more more, but, they escape me.... I listen to NPR once in a while...

As well as country music, Trace Adkins, Taylor Swift, Alabama (from the old days!! But I'm old!), Kenny Chesney...

Jason Mraz, Foster the People, anything disco, Herb Alpert, Enigma, George Michael... them too, sometimes.....

This stuff called dub-step, or so my son tells me... Makes my little bit of hair stand straight up!! Haven't found a song I really enjoy yet... lol...

I hope it helps!!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45248 by
I would suggest looking into Hibernia:Dagda. It's really relaxing trance inducing celtic music. It includes a lot of nature sounds. It's also a type of music that when listened to in the meditation state of mind, induces a drug like effect. It's got waves of sound, at certain pitches, that signal to your brain to release certain chemicals. So if you are able to get that ablum, start on song one and let your brain take a journey.

More
12 years 5 months ago #45252 by Br. John
Please do not listen to this while driving.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order

More
12 years 5 months ago #45256 by Garwa Mayharr
I find that using a mantra and breathing exercises works for me.

Use a mantra excessively, one like,
Force, peace, peace, peace, and remember your breathing, this should keep your mind off the extra energy you have. Visualize a blue light in the sky. After a min. fade it, Softly, to nothing, if a thought comes to you let it, do not fight it away, or you will need to start from the beginning. slowly think it away. after a bit, only small ripple thoughts will come. Soon you will be in a mind set where you are thinking of nothing and you may see nothing. At this point, different meditations may have you do different things.

Some people like to have a psychedelic vision for knowledge.

Some try to draw in energy.

many like to contemplate on something.

I try to tap into my Diaphane, its like a mind-organ of thought-form communications. (ESP)

You should all the ones that have been posted here, you will find will that work.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45343 by
I have read over all your answers as they came in and I wanted to thank you guys and say I will be trying all of them on seperate occasions. Now I DID think that you had cleared your mind to meditate but from the sounds of things I meditate all the time at work when I work and am always in deep consentration on thought and just let my body do as it may :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi