Anybody have a A+ certification?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44986 by
I seen on a profile that someone was in the IT field (don't remember who unfortunately.) But anyways anyone have a A+? I wanted to get my certification to persue a career in computers and I seen there was a "For dummies" book but reviews said it was very outdated and inaccurate. So is there any useful sites to read or videos to watch online? I wouldn't mind spending 20 or so bucks for a complete guide but I want something highly accurate so I don't go in to take the test and have learned something that doesn't even get covered by the test. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but perferably would like to hear "from the horses mouth" on what is on the test. Thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #44988 by Adder
Not me. Does the certifier have its own training, because that would be the best?

When I got an MCP over a decade ago companies setup a qualification and then provided comprehensive training to reach a level to pass testing for the qualification. It seems to be a bit of a money spinner for them, but it makes sense if you can get your employer to pay for it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 5 months ago #44999 by ren
I don't know what this cert. is, but normally you'd have to get your hands on software and equipment. Oracle isn't cheap. I'm a CCIE and I had to get a lot of expensive equipment.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45000 by
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompTIA#A.2B_certification

It's a nation wide certificate that you can take the test at most major universities (I have traveled aot and been looking into it but never planted roots long enough to truly go for it) and they do have classes at certain universities to help you get ready for the test then take the test but that costs about 2500usd where as the tes here is 176ish. It says it was developed in 93 according to the above link.

@Ren what other software would be needed other than just oracle?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 5 months ago #45001 by ren
If you don't know you should probably consider paying for the training.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45006 by
Nameless I would suggest going to a local technical college and speaking with an adviser there and think about enrolling in a class for this. If you plan on getting more certificates then you may want to think about going for a degree. These classes make it so much easier to learn the material on the certifications. Plus you some teachers in schools can give you codes to get discounts on these certifications.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45007 by
Oh and I'm taking the class for this certification next semester, so when the time comes I can tell you what book we use and hook you up with the learning material for the class.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #45009 by
I actually have the A+ and the Net+ certificates myself. When I was studying to take the exam I used a site called actualanswers.com. It is a teaching aid that one of my computer teachers suggested I use to study for my exam. Good luck with your testing ;) also are you interested in getting a degree in IT?I have an associates just hard to find work
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45030 by

Trose wrote: I actually have the A+ and the Net+ certificates myself. When I was studying to take the exam I used a site called actualanswers.com. It is a teaching aid that one of my computer teachers suggested I use to study for my exam. Good luck with your testing ;) also are you interested in getting a degree in IT?I have an associates just hard to find work

Well I hate to spend 99 dollars for digital info. I mean I'd perfer a book that covers all that for that amount (I guess its way cheaper than the local 2500 classes so I will take it into consideration.) I want to go to college and take some computer courses (of course) but I was going to wait until I get a better paying job, which shouldn't be too hard the economy in south dakota is booming. What would you suggest?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #45050 by
well with the information changing constantly you'd spend a lot more money on books than just 99 dollars. Also that is a one time fee of 99 and gives you access to every certification test they have including updates. It was actually the best money I ever spent. Did that 3 years ago and just downloaded an update to one of the microsoft certs. If you have the money it's a great idea if not I could get on for you and send it to you, or attach it here.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi