Jediism Round Table

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35868 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
I'm sick of all this. Baral's sarcasm and angry tone, offensive comments from members here, it's all very childish. Maybe it's time to re-read our doctrine and creed. Remember, we are the Temple of the JEDI Order but there is much behaviour that is far from that ideal. To be honest, if I was to have found TOTJO now as opposed to when I did, this behaviour would have put me off from joining. I'm sure it's having the same effect on others too.

MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #35871 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
I will say that talking is a good thing as long as it does not interfere with the positive environment it was meant to produce. In sitting and watching there has been name calling, disrespect, rude remarks, and my personal favorite the *Facepalm*. This has come from several different people on both sides and includes at least 1 member not associated with either side. I am only a member and not leadership thus my statement is my own if this is what to expect when groups have a discussion about things that differ then I want no part of any round table and say we just agree to disagree. But, know that I fully stand up against any person or group that wishes to control the freedoms of others. Let us be civil and this is to all involved.

Baralforbe, as polite as I can and we have had civil conversations I will say this (again my own oppinion here) I respect your right to not reveal your true name but then you must respect others rights to not want to discuss things with someone who does not want to reveal their name. So there are 2 choices that fall before you. Either decide to tell who you are or agree to cease conversations with those who do not want to talk to an anonymous person. From what I have seen you want to know who you are really talking to so fair is fair.

I openly apologize to the Senior members if I have over stepped my station.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35873 by
I do not have any sarcasm in my writings, nor do I mean to come across as angry. I offered a solution, Mark. In fact, I spoke to you via the chat feature on this website yesterday and we agreed it is difficult to portray emotions via text chat. Again, this is a thread for ideas about the Jediism Round Table, not rants about myself or the COJ - if you would like to do this, I would suggest we stick on topic and move this conversation to another thread.

Damion, last time the TOTJO and COJ and therefore John Phelan and I 'agreed to disagree', we did not speak at all. We then offered him a T-Shirt for free, courtesy of the COJ and he threw a number of accusations against us. I mean no harm by this comment, I'm just using it as evidence that it is not only our actions that will allow for this 'agree to disagree' policy to work. If you look at my posts over the last year, I have been pleading for this for some time now.

I also, Damion, never said I do not disagree with anyone who refuses to talk to me due to not knowing my real name - I cannot force anyone to do anything, neither can they to me. All I can say is that those who have repeatedly said they have a problem with the secrecy of my name have continued to discuss matters with me and showed no evidence of not wanting to talk to me.

If people want to cease talking to me, fair enough - I have never done anything to prevent them from doing so. I don't blame them. What I find funny is the fact that, as I stated before, people constantly claim they want to cease contacting me but never actually do.

MTFBYW

More
13 years 4 months ago #35876 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
STOP.

This is a severe interference with our new members and members in training.

The next post in a topic concerning other organizations or trademarks or roundtables today will be the last.

My finger is on the block account button.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #35879 by
Damion_Storm wrote:

I openly apologize to the Senior members if I have over stepped my station.

I see nothing but the truth - sometimes the truth is painful but its never something to apologise for - you have as much of a say as anyone in TOTJO.

The only thing i have to say over the 'roundtable' is to me - it sounds no difference to the previously proposed 'unification'

which at the time - (some few months ago) I was the official spokesperson on the matter for the council of TOTJO and we said an overwhelming 'no thank you'

So until i am informed otherwise (and I will be discussing this with said EC) the position remains unchanged.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by .

More
13 years 4 months ago #35880 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
All blame for the disruption should be on me. When I heard the news on New Years Day I was astonished. I felt that there was no faster way to broadcast this on a public forum. I thought that if I did not allow our Dear Little Friend to be able to respond that we would look bad.

I was furious and actually am ill and that does not help matters. I was wrong not to ask as many of TC as I could before I unblocked and should have asked for advice about the post.

We on TC are going to have different opinions and ways of dealing with things. If we always agreed with each other there would be no point in having a Council at all.

I am posting this here is full public for all the members new, old or otherwise to see and for the public to see as well.

I won't forget this and I can only ask that you forgive my foolishness and rash unilateral action.

Another few days or so would not have harmed our chance to protest as needed against that business.

One good note. She does not want this made public but a visitor here (a long time guest who rarely posts but read the site regularly) did contact me with her current email and information and made a very generous donation to go to help with the filing fee if need be. Otherwise it's to go to a good cause of our choice.

Founder of The Order

More
13 years 4 months ago #35925 by Alethea Thompson
So back on topic?

It is a point of curiosity for me, if a round table were created of members in the Jedi Community, who would you trust to be head? While everyone is considered an equal, there is always a person who is considered the group leader. They help organize events, they mediate between members, and when it is difficult to come to a conclusion they are the most trusted individual to make a decision.

You see, there are a number of people I could see becoming that leader, and even smaller within those ranks who would be willing-albeit relunctant-to take the role. But let's compare notes.

The answers to your questions here, may just provide the answer to the question \"are we ready for such an endeavor?\"

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 4 months ago #35927 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
No one I think. Why should we need a head? Lol, I kind of expect things to be civil or are you expecting something different? I mean would not just a time, topic and place be agreed upon , then discussed and sumarised? Everyone goes back to their places where their respective councils have their say and that is it? This smack a little of unilateralisation of the Jedi communities, and we don`t want that. We just want to talk.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35928 by
The only way I could see a 'head' of the table working is this -

The head was not involved in jediism in anyway shape or form and thus utterly neutral and thus had no personal interests in any matter that may arise. But who on earth would wont to bother with a group of 'crackposts' and 'geeks' as we are oft perceived.

Some may suggest a rotation of existing members of the table - but this would still be open to abuse.

I personally feel no point in a round table. People who are a part of the Jediist community know there are plenty of places for them to go to - they are free to pick and choose the one(s) they feel most at home in.

Everyone has their own way of doing things - and even individuals within groups are different and I feel a 'roundtable' would probably cause more problems than it would ever solve.

I can say that TOTJO does already communicate with other groups on matters that effect all and I think this is probably the simplest method - some groups will not be able to sit down together without breaking out the fighting and everytime a roundtable meet started - it would end in a mess and then folks just wouldnt bother.

Sadly this is human nature and is why the roundtable is part of a myth - much as lightsabers are. We all know what the ideal is - but as a species we're unable to make it happen.

Groups like the UN are a good example.

MTFBWY - A / SYW

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 4 months ago #35933 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
Sometimes, whether or not we are ready, duty calls....

Even when we think we are ready, sometimes, we are not, but still, duty calls.....

First attempts might fail, do we give up?

Because it seems doomed to fail, should we just say, forget it?

Ahhh, much like the Hero's Adventure....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi