Jediism Round Table

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35838 by
Jediism Round Table was created by
This thread exists for the discussion and proposal of ideas for the establishment of a round table-like group of existing Jediism organisations. The idea I propose, which is open to discussion of course as it does involve all Jediism organisations in existence at present is:

The group will meet either once or twice a year to discuss matters regarding Jediism organisations, making plans for the next six months/year, setting targets etc.

The group will consist of at least two members from each Jediism organisation who are elected by other members of said organisation. The representatives will remain in their role for a certain amount of time (perhaps two years?) before another election will take place.

I haven't thought of any details etc. as of yet and it is only a thought at present. It would be great if you could share your suggestions and hopefully we can get this under way fairly soon.

For those of you who expressed a desire for this community to be set up urgently, here are key dates regarding the TM application:

Friday 7th January - Decision required + remainder fee to be payed.
If we are to go forward with the application, there will be a two month time period for objections.
Monday 7th March - Estimated deadline for objections.

Another thing to note is the changeover of companies etc. As you all full well know, we've set up a new company that is Limited by Guarantee, thus more likely to be accepted as a charity by HMRC. This should be set up shortly after Friday 7th January and declared a charity (hopefully) before 7th March.

I remind you this is an idea of mine own and not that of the Church of Jediism.

May the Force Bid you Well.

Baral Fobre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #35841 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
Oh yes! Like a kind of European Union, so people like CoJ not only finance us, grant permissions as to what we can write or not, but also tell us what to do. Great, sounds like a great idea. More power hey Baralfobre! So now you are trying to involve us, think we are doing something, so we will let you through with this TM thing. Objections? Ummm, yes like no way hosey. Now and never. Who are you Baralfobre? Why do you only want to reveal your identity in two years? Are you waiting for the termination of the first two year session of this European Union Jedi you suggested? Why don`t you tell us what you are so afraid of that you so desperately want to TM Jediism? Why the secrets? What are you hiding? And you seriously expect us to deal with you? Do you think we are stupid or something? What you are suggesting is a Jedi square table where you cannot see the person to your right in the face.

May the Force serve you well Brother

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Jon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35842 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
As I mentioned in the other thread, this idea was raised in this forum many many months ago but personal situations with the chosen ambassadors meant that they could not proceed as quickly as we had hoped. I even mentioned this idea when discussing in Chat (in December?) about a physical UK meetup of Jedi. I have no issue with orders getting together for a chat, sharing info, asking and answering questions, etc. As long as it does not try to impose any decisions on anyone. Basically, it stays as a chat and nothing more. The last thing we want is an attempt at unifying or \"standardising\" Jediism.

MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #35844 by Jon
When we are having these inter jedi talks will we know who we are dealing with Master Mark? And I understand that this can only remain as a discussion, after all the council here is the deciding body.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Jon.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35845 by
Jon Wrote:
Oh yes! Like a kind of European Union, so people like CoJ not only finance us, grant permissions as to what we can write or not, but also tell us what to do. Great, sounds like a great idea. More power hey Baralfobre! So now you are trying to involve us, think we are doing something, so we will let you through with this TM thing. _object_ions? Ummm, yes like no way hosey. Now and never. Who are you Baralfobre? Why do you only want to reveal your identity in two years? Are you waiting for the termination of the first two year session of this European Union Jedi you suggested? Why don`t you tell us what you are so afraid of that you so desperately want to TM Jediism? Why the secrets? What are you hiding? And you seriously expect us to deal with you? Do you think we are stupid or something? What you are suggesting is a Jedi square table where you cannot see the person to your right in the face.

May the Force serve you well Brother

Jon, I don't understand your hatred for the Church of Jediism. As I said in the OP, each organisation would have two representatives (if not, more - I also stated this was a personal idea, not one of the COJ's) and so the playing field would be even. No one would have domination and all topics brought up would be discussed by all members.

Answers to your questions, Jon:
1) No, this is a suggestion of mine own, I say now for the third time, not one from the Church. This is not meant to have any influence on the TM application.
2) I have explained the answer to this at least ten times previously and will not do so again because it's actually beginning to bore me now.
3) I never said two years, I said two or three - there is no set date, all will become clear. For now, can you not just wait? Not everything in this world is instant, you know.
4) I am not afraid - I have said this about twelve times now. It is for a mixture of legal, personal and family reasons.
5) There are no secrets other than my true identity.
6) Nothing.
7) Yes
8) No
9) No, it is a suggestion whereby everyone can be open minded and talk about things regarding Jediism as a whole.

The point I have been making for the best part of a year now: you are so determined to find a fault or flaw in the Church of Jediism that you are forgetting the positives and ignoring the ideas representatives and members such as myself are offering. I've put forward an idea here that will, if implemented well, solve a lot of problems not just between the TOTJO and COJ, but other problems including things such as poverty and suffering. And yet, you're so focused on the COJ and its members you're not taking the idea in to account, instead wanting to find a fault in our organisation.

Mark, I agree to some standard. The COJ have actually started planning a large charity event in London this year, I'll send you more info through nearer the time. This round table idea would be so that orgs can discuss things like we are now, but in a manner in which there is no discrimination or bias and all organisations involved are present. It will also allow us to look at the religion as a whole and set aims and objectives to reach, progressing Jediism as a whole, not as separate organisations.

May the Force bid you well.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35846 by
Also, Jon, we could make it a requirement that all representatives that are members of this 'round table' must have their full legal name (and perhaps address) known? How does that sound?

MTFBYW.

More
13 years 4 months ago #35848 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Jediism Round Table
I keep asking myself why I'm even talking to an anonymous person but setting that aside TOTJO owns Jediism.net and to me that is the perfect name and domain for such a non partisan organization.

Would we only allow organizations to be members and have them appoint representatives?

Would we allow anyone interested to participate?

We would have to have some requirements like a publicly posted Doctrine, Creed, Code etc and we don't want to discriminate against new organizations with only a small membership as we once were but neither do we want to let a couple of kids decide they are Jedi Masters and set up a site then just have the same standing as the serious organizations.

It cannot be a free for all with no walls or it ceases to have meaning.

I'm throwing questions around at this point and a few ideas.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35849 by
At the moment, Jediism involves a bunch of disparate, occasionally squabbling, groups. If we wish to work towards a better opinion of Jediism, this needs to change. There is strength in unity with such actions as long as we recognise that individuality is also paramount. I have studied and worked with many different spiritual groups over the decades and this kind of in-fighting always reflects negatively on the groups themselves. \"I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace\". If we can't stick to our own creed, why do we bother at all?

We don't all have to get along, we don't all have to agree, we don't all have to believe the same thing. But the bigger picture involves the heritage of Jediism, not only for those of us walking this path now but for those yet to come.

MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 4 months ago #35850 by Jon
I have no problem with discussions. But I think it only civil that only persons who have the decency to reveal who they are can only take part. And if Baralfobre refuses to do this then he should be excluded.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #35852 by
Perhaps that would be a possible domain. It would be necessary to transfer it so it has no sole owner but instead is owned by the round table group/society, thus preventing future disagreements/upsets about domain ownership. Does the society even need a website?

That is something we would have to consider, John. I think it would be mainly for groups of Jediists.. individuals being representatives may cause complications. Perhaps if they do not belong to any existing Jediism organisation already represented in the round table, they could be accepted?

My suggestion is that anyone interested would be able to be present and offer their suggestions/ideas at the end in a Q&A section after the meeting. How's that?

I agree with your comment regarding creed etc. Although as it would not be a Jediist training site, I don't see why there would need to be a code?

MTFBYW

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi