Will you support or participate in a long term work group?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25137 by
Good then the first attempt was not a complete waste. have added a bit more to my research since then, but glad to know it is still alive.

Too many good people worked on that the first time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25142 by
Fr. Jon wrote:

Which leads me to my original question. Could you fill us in then Grand Master Kana on your project. Will you set up a new site as Library? How will this be accessible to the membership? Will this be accessible only when it is finished or while you are setting it up?

First thing is to decide n a 'home' for it - two ideas in the pipe - a separate site (again) - or separate (but on this server) - or bolted straight onto this site (or v3 totjo as this site is already a bit of a fuzzy messy beast) - ok so thats 3 :D

I plan to start out by having it accessible to registered members of this temple only (just until its padded out a little and everything is running smoothly in all meanings of that phrase) - then it'll be open to anyone.

However - one thing that will remain is that it wont be open to all to post - submissions will pass through librarian(s) for moderation and approval ; again - for semi-obvious reasons. but as before - anyone contributing will be credited with the work. It WONT be a list of youtube links.

It wont be open until all the 'work' server side is done and im 110% sure its all ok - with no offence/disrespect to anyone - to prevent conflicts of posting and things being lost etc (mainly due to timezone differences) i'll work alone on the initial build and shelf filling. Basically in early stages - these things often need a few reboots and its a pain for the admin to tell everyone to 'stop work and save whilst I reboot' and likewise - its a pain when all your work vanishes due to a server reset.

I admit I work odd hours so whilst this may seem mean - its for everyone's benefit. When will I start - already have (in ways) when will it be ready -

#1 - No idea cos

#2 - its down to surgeons to decide when they feel like sorting 'stuff' out and

#3 - consequential recovery time (and success)

#4 - Patience younglings :D

think that covers all questions

MTFBWY - A

PS Master garm & I are working on another little project as well ;)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 9 months ago #25144 by Jon
Thank you for more than explaining that Grand Master Kana. Sounds really exciting. Look forward to that. Just a shame about the You Tube links, I kind of got used to that.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #25145 by
well - i think we need a rest from youtube for now anyway :D

thing with youtube is that it has its own more than adequate search engine anyway - and it also has an annoying habit of either deleting or moving videos anyway so links to it soon become dead (and everyone hates deadlinks)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi